Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be implemented?

• Total voters

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Some time ago every member in the forums had the ability to set their profile picture's as GIF's. Some day this feature was removed and ever since it hasn't been possible. I don't know the reasons for this change though. I always thought it was extremely cool to be able to use GIF's as profile pictures, and I'm sure it's a very appealing -even if small- feature.

My suggestion is very straightforward, let plus rankers set their profile pictures as GIF's. It can be considered an extra "recognition" for plus ranked forum users. Just like Discord Nitro. I don't think implementing this is very hard right?

Thanks for reading! Any feedback is appreciated!

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
So only for Plus rankers to make it an extra feature you get when purchasing Plus? I kinda agree but first of all I'd already like it if they bring it back and then after that only add it for Plus.

Reactions: Eli

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
I would say it would just “freeze” the GIF if that’s possible. If not, then it just removes the profile picture and you’d have to set up a new one.
It can be hard to freeze the gif at the right moment. Maybe change it back to the one you had before you bought plus?

Reactions: Basketman and Eli

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Now only staffs can set gifts to their profile pictures, but it's a great idea add it to plus
Actually no, not even staff can. GIF profile pictures was just something that somehow broke. Link me a single staff that has a gif profile picture (that changed his pfp AFTER something broke); all people with a gif pfp before it broke kept it until they changed it.

aveely69

Nov 12, 2017
This would be a nice feature to add back, I'd say it would be a good plus-only feature too.
Would it tho? If i consider the negatives of Gif profile pictures, people might use flashy images or stressfull images, and people with epilepsy will be effected. On the plus side, it would give Plus members some regocnition apart from the background on their profile.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Would it tho? If i consider the negatives of Gif profile pictures, people might use flashy images or stressfull images, and people with epilepsy will be effected. On the plus side, it would give Plus members some regocnition apart from the background on their profile.
That never happend when GIF were working and if someone does it: it should be against the rules..

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
As said above, having an inappropriate GIF would be against the rules and there will be taken care of by moderators if that happens I guess. And for the plus rank, it would make the PLUS rank more value indeed.

Reactions: aveely69 and Eli
Members Online

Team online

Top Bottom