Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Travelingbeast

Apr 8, 2016
I know on pickaxes it has a chance to drop double ores and materials.
Anyhow what I was wondering is if fortune on a tool used to harvest crops allows for more crops to drop or not?
Also was wondering what exactly the use of fortune on shovels and axes do? What does it make double drop?

GiGaGekkies

Forum Expert
Dec 22, 2019
The Future
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey, you can do fortune on shovel (I'm not sure) and axe, on a shovel i haven't tried so idk but on a axe is possible, if you mine wood with it, you have a change to get more wood yes. On crops is also possible, if you do fortune 5 on a wooden pickaxe (cheapest with xp) than you 50% change to get more crops yes. Sorry for bad english, if you don't understand this, please make a private conversation with me here: https://www.cubecraft.net/conversations/add

Fyre

Sep 14, 2017
the max you need on a shovel is fortune 3
if you need to use gravel to get flint to make arrows, having fortune 3 is a 100% chance to get flint

I wish they would add fortune on hoes for crops, that would be nice

GamingLion

Mar 20, 2020
the max you need on a shovel is fortune 3
if you need to use gravel to get flint to make arrows, having fortune 3 is a 100% chance to get flint

I wish they would add fortune on hoes for crops, that would be nice

That is not how fortune works on Cubecraft skyblock. If you have a pickaxe with fortune 5 you have a 50% (10% per level) chance of getting 1 more item. So if you mine cobble you have a 50% chance of getting 2 cobblestone. This works on wood to. So if you have a pickaxe with fortune 5 you have a 50% chance to get 2 logs. But you might want to use an axe for that though. So you would need Fortune 10 to have a 100% chance to get flint from gravel. This also means you do not need fortune on a hoe because it works with other tools aswell. So if you have a stone pickaxe with fortune 5, use it to harvest weat and you will see that you get more than 1 weat per plant (Works on other crops to but weat is an easy example).

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
As GamingLion said, use other tools for crops.
Tho I'd like to say, the chances are you'll get more SEADS, not more wheat. (My eperience).
Tho, carrots and potatoes give no difference, I'd recommend using fortune on everything ;)

Fyre

Sep 14, 2017
Dude, Ive tested the shovel thing.
Fortune 3 on shovels gives 100% chance drop of flint. this is not a chance to drop double.
Ive pretty extensively tested this. I am correct.

MCreeper12731

Oct 20, 2016
Dude, Ive tested the shovel thing.
Fortune 3 on shovels gives 100% chance drop of flint. this is not a chance to drop double.
Ive pretty extensively tested this. I am correct.
On vanilla Minecraft, it works like that. Not on Cubecraft. Mobs, crops, ores, enchants behave differently.

Rosegfx

Aug 13, 2018
From my experience you can use a fortune tool on nearly everything; Wood, ores, cobblestone, various crops and the like. For crops I've yet to find one that any fortune tool doesn't work on, and only Cocoa Beans, Melons and Pumpkins take away durability on the tool you're using. So wheat, carrots, beetroot, potatoes, any crops like that can have an extra 1 added onto its maximum harvest amount. For gravel as @Fyre was saying, you'd only need fortune 3 as fortune in relation to gravel only affects the chance of gravel turning into flint. For everything else though, fortune does tend to double no matter the tools the fortune enchant is on.

MCreeper12731

Oct 20, 2016
From my experience you can use a fortune tool on nearly everything; Wood, ores, cobblestone, various crops and the like. For crops I've yet to find one that any fortune tool doesn't work on, and only Cocoa Beans, Melons and Pumpkins take away durability on the tool you're using. So wheat, carrots, beetroot, potatoes, any crops like that can have an extra 1 added onto its maximum harvest amount. For gravel as @Fyre was saying, you'd only need fortune 3 as fortune in relation to gravel only affects the chance of gravel turning into flint. For everything else though, fortune does tend to double no matter the tools the fortune enchant is on.
So fortune 3 does give a 100% chance for gravel to drop flint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎊💗
Tommy Boi wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
good job, good luck
Tommy Boi wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Wow, congrats on Helper, man
good job, good luck
Tommy Boi wrote on Frontlane's profile.
good job, good luck
Eli
From musical hater to musical lover with a single trick: my girlfriend forced me to watch Hamilton 😂
Top Bottom