Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you cubecraft having survival?

• Total voters

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Why in the name of babyboy should we add survival?
Because it's great. Players will love it, they will stick around and it's something hypixel doesn't have.

Cubecraft is constantly adding more games, but they all seem to follow a certain pattern playercount wise:
Week 1, everyone wants to try the new gamemode, lobbies fill almost instantly.
Week 2-4, gamemode is doing well but slowly losing players, players return to what they normally do on other games, other servers or other games than minecraft.
Week 4-6, game still active but little players online, games take ages to start due to little players. Because it takes ages to start, more and more players stop enjoying it and quit.
Week 6+, New players can't even try the gamemode because there aren't enough players to start the game, conclusively killing the gamemode with no hopes of revival.

Now, this is because all those gamemodes, after you finish playing them, it's over. The game ended, that's it. Survival on the other hand, will not end after a few minutes. It'll continue for months if not years. That keeps the initial excitement of week 1 (somewhat), and I think players will have a higher chance of sticking with it. Even if it does lose some players, it doesn't have the problem other dying gamemodes have: Not enough players to start the game. With 1.13 around I think it has a lot of exciting features for players to explore, and it might just do a lot better than what skeptics initially thought.

That's pretty much the suggestion, more technical stuff below.
Now, some critics might say cubecraft can't handle a survival server because it would take up too much resources, which will create too much lag.
To that is an easy fix: Just make sure the server gets reset often enough, unloading all chunks etc, make the server render distance no longer than 10 and pre-generate the world so chunk generation won't cause any lag.
Also, if cube could handle all the Bingo worlds when it initially came out and all players wanted to try it, I'm sure it can handle this too.

Now if it turns out cube isn't actually able to handle it (which I doubt), there is always skyblock. Skyblock is mostly air but has some of the key features that makes survival good, so, that's my backup plan. However, I think survival would still be a lot better than skyblock because skyblock is mostly grinding, almost everyone has done it already and the features of 1.13 aren't really available in skyblock. In skyblock everyone is seperated whilst in survival, you can meet random people just by walking around.

One last thing, please don't make a custom world, unless you want a UHC disaster 2.0

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
To the management: perhaps consider a community suggested gamemode-idea for once - we all know you absolutely love your own ideas, but they simply don't really work that well most of the time.

This is something else from the ordinary and repetitive games we've all gotten used to. (It'll also help to strengthen that community feelin').

+1

Reactions: Keanu

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
I don't think they will add it if they can't make any rank perks for survival to make money..

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Could you eloborate this idea some more?

First question that came to my mind: Singleplayer or multiplayer?
How are you gonna make it different from just singleplayer survival, shops/quests/jobs/achievements?
If it's multiplayer, how would you have the PvP possibility in mind?
What about griefers?

Reactions: Miauw

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I don't think they will add it if they can't make any rank perks for survival to make money..

If it's multiplayer, they could add things like 'claim blocks' or extra home tp's, like a lot of other pure survival server with ranks ;)

Reactions: Kloska

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I think this could be quite good especially if it has a townie system or something to protect your base from griefing. My biggest concern when people suggested factions was the competitive aspect since our player base is not really the most competitive. But I feel that survival could work quite well, along with the fact it can be hard to find an up to date multiplayer server for that.

I think pvp could be enabled, but with no real combat logging or penalities for teleporting or logging. So people can agree to fight and it’s not up to them to carry it through.

To start off, it should be pretty much entirely vanilla, and if the communities wants, it could be expanded with some plugins and such like shops and other custom things like dungeons.

And maybe we could have game admins or another name and they could host events.

And since it’s survival, shouldn’t require too much game development, probably just all the backend stuff, so that’s a plus.
+1

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
Wait why am i/was i tagged?
Back to the topic (I was tagged to comment i guess) I like the idea but didn't cubecraft have survival in the past? Wouldn't mind a return but please add projectiles in it bye

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I'm quite surprised to see this much of a positive feedback.

To address some questions:
This is multiplayer, obviously. I don't see a point in adding single player survival on a server. Multiplayer alone already makes it entirely different from single player, trust me, I've got some experience.

Pvp is optional if people really want it, but not necessary. Maybe there could be a general pvp area around spawn, or a /pvp <on/off> command. Entirely optional however, not at all a requirement.

Obviously some form of grief protection would be necessary, whether it be light (just personal chests, furnaces etc.) to heavy (claim blocks from 0-255 where no-one else can mine or build). Both have their advantages and disadvantages. There is also a middle path: Some form of plugin which automatically claims blocks in a radius of ~5 blocks or so around anything a player builds.

For player commands, I'd agree with @TheBrownster and keep it as vanilla as possible. Not only does this save the hassle of coding, but it also feels a lot more natural to new players to just jump into it and start playing. The only commands which are necessary are /home and /sethome, (so players don't have to walk back to their base forever when they die or wander too far off), /tpa (request to tp to another player which they then can accept or deny, to encourage more player contact and just for convenience) and a command that allows other players to access your claimed stuff.

And since it’s survival, should require too much game development, probably just all the backend stuff, so that’s a plus.
shouldn't*? In which case, yes another bonus. To add onto this: 1.13 is already full of free new stuff, so that's another bonus.

To end off,
@Andyyy @TwentyØnePiløts , care to explain your opinion or did you click the button on accident? I'm always open for feedback.

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
Regarding griefing/pvp aspect, I think it'd be pretty cool to have something like oldschool runescape had with its wilderness border. To elaborate, you have basically your survival world where you can build and explore and have fun and never have to worry about anything happening to your builds, items, or yourself.
Then you'd have a border, which beyond it lies the other half of the world which is still just survival, but here you can play it with the totally legal risks of the dangers of people looting your base or killing you for your items if they choose to. This could be nice for those who want to try out trying to have amazingly secret bases or secret areas in their bases yada yada, with the actual risk of being found out. If it's possible you could even code it to have a higher rate of mob spawns + make them much more aggressive.
Think that'd be pretty cool anyway.
And if not, just the normal safe survival world is nice too :)

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I'm quite surprised to see this much of a positive feedback.

To address some questions:
This is multiplayer, obviously. I don't see a point in adding single player survival on a server. Multiplayer alone already makes it entirely different from single player, trust me, I've got some experience.

Pvp is optional if people really want it, but not necessary. Maybe there could be a general pvp area around spawn, or a /pvp <on/off> command. Entirely optional however, not at all a requirement.

Obviously some form of grief protection would be necessary, whether it be light (just personal chests, furnaces etc.) to heavy (claim blocks from 0-255 where no-one else can mine or build). Both have their advantages and disadvantages. There is also a middle path: Some form of plugin which automatically claims blocks in a radius of ~5 blocks or so around anything a player builds.

For player commands, I'd agree with @TheBrownster and keep it as vanilla as possible. Not only does this save the hassle of coding, but it also feels a lot more natural to new players to just jump into it and start playing. The only commands which are necessary are /home and /sethome, (so players don't have to walk back to their base forever when they die or wander too far off), /tpa (request to tp to another player which they then can accept or deny, to encourage more player contact and just for convenience) and a command that allows other players to access your claimed stuff.

shouldn't*? In which case, yes another bonus. To add onto this: 1.13 is already full of free new stuff, so that's another bonus.

To end off,
@Andyyy @TwentyØnePiløts , care to explain your opinion or did you click the button on accident? I'm always open for feedback.
You forgot a /warp command and/trust command for your plot.

_Oplex_

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2016
Under Your Bed (O.o)
That can be a new problem. If a lot of people are going to play it, we need a shop. Why? Because if 100 people always are online the world would be empty in a few days. Also i suggest /trade so there is no scamming

Reactions: Despacito 2

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Why? Because if 100 people always are online the world would be empty in a few days.
Worlds don't just "get empty", unless it's a really small world. I reallt doubt this will be a problem.
Also i suggest /trade so there is no scamming
I'm okay with this. Trade encourages more player interaction, so sure.

You forgot a /warp command and/trust command for your plot.
and a command that allows other players to access your claimed stuff.
What makes /warp different from /home?

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
Oh hell yes do I like this

The way I'd set the world settings are as following:
PvP is on by default and can not be turned off
Vanilla world (as big as possible)
No ore & mob spawnrate tweaking
Light protection (chests, furnaces etc.) No plots/borders/whatever!!
Basic /home, /tpa, /spawn commands
Difficulty is set to hard
Spawn is protected (50x50 block radius?)
All (afk) farms are allowed

Reactions: Despacito 2

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Regarding griefing/pvp aspect, I think it'd be pretty cool to have something like oldschool runescape had with its wilderness border. To elaborate, you have basically your survival world where you can build and explore and have fun and never have to worry about anything happening to your builds, items, or yourself.
Then you'd have a border, which beyond it lies the other half of the world which is still just survival, but here you can play it with the totally legal risks of the dangers of people looting your base or killing you for your items if they choose to. This could be nice for those who want to try out trying to have amazingly secret bases or secret areas in their bases yada yada, with the actual risk of being found out. If it's possible you could even code it to have a higher rate of mob spawns + make them much more aggressive.
Think that'd be pretty cool anyway.
And if not, just the normal safe survival world is nice too :)
Well they have now removed UHC so 1.13 survival could be a replacement?? Hmm

And they should have two different modes, one mode where pvp is disabled and you can’t grieve, and a second mode you can choose where you can pvp and grieve, I personally like the idea of having to hide your base and survive that way, but that’s just me.

werra11

Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2016
Friesland, The Netherlands.
www.werra11.eu
I absolutely love survival and will absolutely play this!

A few plugin suggestions that I've seen on previous survival servers I played on.
GriefPrevention
A plugin that allows you to create a claimed area where only the owner can build. It has buld in features like subclaims. (claims in claims for things like renting), /trust /containertrust and that kind of stuff.
By voting/buying a rank you will get more claimblocks.

A warp plugin
Everyone can set warps to their base, mobfarm, biomes etc.
Higher rank's can have more warps.

Silkspawner.
This is a plugin that allows you to break spawners with silk touch. With this plugin you can place the spawner somewhere else to build some amazing (community) mobfarms.
A little problem with this. You can create some insane mobfarms who will cause some lagg.
I once made a mobfarm with 36 spawners, and yes, that laggs if maxentitycramming (A vannila minecraft gamerule) is disabled, just set it to around 100 and after 100 mobs on 1 blocks they will die.

ChestShop
With this plugin you can place signs above/on/next to chests to make a shop out of it. You can put items in here you want to sell and if someone clicks on the sign it wil buy the item with coins. This way people can create some amazing shop (really goodfor the community because people will all make their own shops)
People can still just sell items without the chest ofcourse.

I hope this was useful
Bye

Oh yea, +1 for the idea.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yeoxuhang's profile.
Thank you for the follow!:D
Hello peopleeee!! How are you doing today?
First status update in almost a month...

1713983348557.jpeg
0ananastime0 wrote on Dreamer's profile.
Bro plz spare me😢
xHappyMood wrote on SanCookie's profile.
it did not add up to 424 😔
Top Bottom