Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is this a good idea? (Don't vote if you haven't read the whole thing)

• Yes

Votes: 40 80.0%
  • No (Please explain why in the comments)

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
Hai! I usually don't do suggestions, much less threads, but there was this idea that came into my head yesterday but then thought of sharing it right now to hear your opinions :p

By just looking at the title you might already know that I am suggesting to add Fishing Rods in 1.9 PvP Games, but before you say "Eww, no get out you useless Moderator!", I'm going to list a few things of how this would affect PvP :)

Just before I start listing how Fishing Rods could be implemented to every PvP game, I'm going to explain how 1.9 Fishng Rods work :)

1.9 Fishing Rods is not the same as the usual 1.7/1.8 Fishing Rods where you hit and it pushes the player a bit to the direction they've been hit to. 1.9 Fishing Rods do the opposite. Whenever you "tag" someone with a Fishing Rod and then retrieve it, it pulls them back towards you. I have a video example in the spoiler below :)

Now that that has been said, I'll list how (In my opinion) it would be best to add Fishing Rods in every 1.9 PvP Game :)

EggWars (Team and Solo)
This is my favorite game out of all the others, and one of the reasons is because you have close to infinite strategies that you can use to kill a player, or even a whole team of 5 by yourself. If Fishing Rods were to be implemented to EggWars (Both Team and Solo) I suggest having it in the "Weapons" category in the Villager Shop for at least 20 diamonds in OP, 30 diamonds in Normal, and not possible in Hardcore.

SkyWars (Team and Solo)
I don't play this very often, but this game has been around for years and is as well one of the most popular games. I don't know if Fishing Rods are already in chests, but if it is, I suggest it being on OP items alone since it is very overpowered what you can do with it. (Check the video in the spoiler above if you haven't so you know what I refer myself to).

Lucky Islands (Team and Solo)
Similar to SkyWars, but instead, just put it into the Lucky Block drop chances.

Block Wars (Core and CTF)
Very simple, just have a kit called "Fisherman" that includes a Fishing Rod and then maybe a chestplate or something that protects you from being "rodded" from other people with that kit.

Survival Games (Team and Solo)
I think that having a kit for the Fishing Rod itself would be good here. It would also be good to have it in the chest probabilities but then I suggest having it in Normal and OP items only. If you have any other good ideas for that, let me know down in the comments :)

Minerware
This isn't a 100% PvP game, but there are some microgames that include it. I was thinking about having a new microgame where you spawn on a platform and what you have to do is to try to pull an animal into the void to gain a point, but there would also be a "forbidden" animal there that if you pull that animal, you'll lose the micrograme.

I believe that was all of the PvP Games. I hope you enjoyed/liked my idea and opinions are always welcome. If you liked it, vote on the poll, if you liked it but want something changed or you have another idea of how you think it would be better, tell me down in the comments and if you didn't like it, vote on the poll and please explain why so we can have better thoughts about it :)

~ HDW
This would add more strategy to the game but also could really annoy people. You could pull people off bridges which would be super fun and cool. I really like it alex!
~LY

Reactions: HackersDontWin

Utopia_1

Jan 6, 2017
C4 Bow land
It would be very nice to have because in eggwars, when someone runs away just after you get their egg, its really annoying trying to chase them. So you could use the fishing rod to reel them back in.

Reactions: HackersDontWin

Haggggis

Aug 1, 2016
SCOTLAND
Hai! I usually don't do suggestions, much less threads, but there was this idea that came into my head yesterday but then thought of sharing it right now to hear your opinions :p

By just looking at the title you might already know that I am suggesting to add Fishing Rods in 1.9 PvP Games, but before you say "Eww, no get out you useless Moderator!", I'm going to list a few things of how this would affect PvP :)

Just before I start listing how Fishing Rods could be implemented to every PvP game, I'm going to explain how 1.9 Fishng Rods work :)

1.9 Fishing Rods is not the same as the usual 1.7/1.8 Fishing Rods where you hit and it pushes the player a bit to the direction they've been hit to. 1.9 Fishing Rods do the opposite. Whenever you "tag" someone with a Fishing Rod and then retrieve it, it pulls them back towards you. I have a video example in the spoiler below :)

Now that that has been said, I'll list how (In my opinion) it would be best to add Fishing Rods in every 1.9 PvP Game :)

EggWars (Team and Solo)
This is my favorite game out of all the others, and one of the reasons is because you have close to infinite strategies that you can use to kill a player, or even a whole team of 5 by yourself. If Fishing Rods were to be implemented to EggWars (Both Team and Solo) I suggest having it in the "Weapons" category in the Villager Shop for at least 20 diamonds in OP, 30 diamonds in Normal, and not possible in Hardcore.

SkyWars (Team and Solo)
I don't play this very often, but this game has been around for years and is as well one of the most popular games. I don't know if Fishing Rods are already in chests, but if it is, I suggest it being on OP items alone since it is very overpowered what you can do with it. (Check the video in the spoiler above if you haven't so you know what I refer myself to).

Lucky Islands (Team and Solo)
Similar to SkyWars, but instead, just put it into the Lucky Block drop chances.

Block Wars (Core and CTF)
Very simple, just have a kit called "Fisherman" that includes a Fishing Rod and then maybe a chestplate or something that protects you from being "rodded" from other people with that kit.

Survival Games (Team and Solo)
I think that having a kit for the Fishing Rod itself would be good here. It would also be good to have it in the chest probabilities but then I suggest having it in Normal and OP items only. If you have any other good ideas for that, let me know down in the comments :)

Minerware
This isn't a 100% PvP game, but there are some microgames that include it. I was thinking about having a new microgame where you spawn on a platform and what you have to do is to try to pull an animal into the void to gain a point, but there would also be a "forbidden" animal there that if you pull that animal, you'll lose the micrograme.

I believe that was all of the PvP Games. I hope you enjoyed/liked my idea and opinions are always welcome. If you liked it, vote on the poll, if you liked it but want something changed or you have another idea of how you think it would be better, tell me down in the comments and if you didn't like it, vote on the poll and please explain why so we can have better thoughts about it :)

~ HDW
That sounds like a brilliant i love fishing rod pvp especially in 1.8.9 +1
DJHI4 :cool:

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
Top Bottom