Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is this a good idea? (Don't vote if you haven't read the whole thing)

• Yes

Votes: 40 80.0%
  • No (Please explain why in the comments)

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
So what you want is to be able to sort of fling players in the air?
With Fishing Rods, you can pull players towards you when you've hooked the rod onto your opponent and then retrieve it :)
1.9 Fishing Rods is not the same as the usual 1.7/1.8 Fishing Rods where you hit and it pushes the player a bit to the direction they've been hit to. 1.9 Fishing Rods do the opposite. Whenever you "tag" someone with a Fishing Rod and then retrieve it, it pulls them back towards you.

Reactions: TomZye

TomZye

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
The Netherlands
I don't think this is a good idea since there are already enough push stuff in the game. I already get mad of all these bows and snowballs (in skywars). If they add a tool to pull it will be even more difficult.

TomZye

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
The Netherlands
I think it is a smart idea to make it very rare (in skywars) and expensive (in skywars), if added. Although I think it will be too op...

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
I don't think this is a good idea since there are already enough push stuff in the game. I already get mad of all these bows and snowballs (in skywars). If they add a tool to pull it will be even more difficult.
No one (or nearly no one) has experience on the Fishing Rod in 1.9 PvP I believe since it hasn't been used a lot because it doesn't work as of now, but if let's say you're on your island on SkyWars and someone is shooting at you and you're forced to go behind a block to protect and heal yourself. If you have a fishing rod you could try to tag the person shooting at you, and when they're tagged, you retrieve the rod and poof, they get pulled into the void :P Many strategies can come out of the Fishing Rod if it was implemented. Thanks for your opinion though! :)

Reactions: Ping Ether

TomZye

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
The Netherlands
No one (or nearly no one) has experience on the Fishing Rod in 1.9 PvP I believe since it hasn't been used a lot because it doesn't work as of now, but if let's say you're on your island on SkyWars and someone is shooting at you and you're forced to go behind a block to protect and heal yourself. If you have a fishing rod you could try to tag the person shooting at you, and when they're tagged, you retrieve the rod and poof, they get pulled into the void :p Many strategies can come out of the Fishing Rod if it was implemented. Thanks for your opinion though! :)
Well I think that's kinda smart. I gotta re think this one. :P

Reactions: HackersDontWin

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
I think it is a smart idea to make it very rare (in skywars) and expensive (in skywars), if added. Although I think it will be too op...
I know it's very OP which is why I chose it to be expensive in EggWars and in Skywars to have it so it's only in OP items. :)
Could you give more pros and cons about the fishing rod?
I've only explained how the fishing rod works. The only pros and cons there would be is what strategy you use it with. For example like mentioned earlier, if you spam the Fishing Rod, you're basically pulling yourself to death since you're pulling your opponent towards you without thinking, but if you use it well like I stated in my previous post, you can get some good funny/epic kills with it :p Really depends how you use it :)

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
I agree with everything EXCEPT normal eggwars. I feel like it'd be far too annoying, and due to its price it would be very underused, IMO.
There's a reason that they have a high price :p But tbh, there's a reason of why it is 30 diamonds in normal. If you pull someone up (like I did with the zombie on the video), it would be very easy to kill people :)

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
Do you also have a video of how it works in PvP? Because if it would pull players back quite a bit it would be really easy to kill them when they're walking on bridges?
That's probably an exact reason why it's been suggested to be added.

To be completely and utterly honest, I've always hated when rods were used in pvp (I would go into why... but it would be a rant with questionable language. So I won't). It's just another thing for players to get salty over. Yes, I understand that it brings more strategies. I'm just not fond of a player punting/pulling me off a bridge while I try to cross. It's bad enough already with the projectiles that already exist in the games.

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Do you also have a video of how it works in PvP? Because if it would pull players back quite a bit it would be really easy to kill them when they're walking on bridges?
Couldn't find a better video than this one example. (You can see it at the start, at 14:56 or at 15:46)
(Video taken from Huahwi, pls no hate<3)
That's probably an exact reason why it's been suggested to be added.

To be completely and utterly honest, I've always hated when rods were used in pvp (I would go into why... but it would be a rant with questionable language. So I won't). It's just another thing for players to get salty over. Yes, I understand that it brings more strategies. I'm just not fond of a player punting/pulling me off a bridge while I try to cross. It's bad enough already with the projectiles that already exist in the games.
It would be really hard to get someone when walking off a bridge because first, you're moving so they have to guess where their rod is going to land, second, they most likely have a long distance from themselves and the bridge, and third, if they caught you and you keep running before they retrieve the rod, the line would break cause of the distance.

Just to add to this post that has nothing to do with was I just said^... Another strategy of using it would be for example when you're on a bridge trying to go on someone's island but you don't jump or go there because you fear to get hit off, if you use the Fishing Rod and pull that person, you could get the kill, and even if you don't pull them off their island, then your opponent would most likely go to a safer spot than being on the front line to death :p

Reactions: iLoveYouu
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

i had airpods on and the song was too good i didnt hear the employee yelling at me
Thank you all for these amazing birthday wishes!

They mean a lot to me! ❤️

I wish you all, already a great weekend!
Felt silly so I made a chibi character

1715280054424.png
Thjis wrote on Basketman's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONAS

what would a matriox message be without some chat gpt??

1715267947575.png
Top Bottom