Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is this a good first map

• Total voters

Brewingcreeper

Novice Member
Jul 14, 2018
United States
This is my very first ever build of a mini game if you want to give me any tips for my next build I will be glad to read some in the comments.

Attachments

• Map.png
    Map.png
    353.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Map.png
    Map.png
    353.4 KB · Views: 191
  • 2020-04-07_15.58.59.png
    2020-04-07_15.58.59.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 2020-04-06_14.54.23.png
    2020-04-06_14.54.23.png
    261 KB · Views: 182

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
This is a really nice build for your first time! I voted no unfortunately, and I want to state the reasons why. I'm no expert but hopefully you can use my feedback to improve your work.

The first thing I noticed was the size of the starter islands. They are too small for a SkyWars map, they have little to no space for PvP which isn't great for gameplay. And you could include a lot more detail than what you did with this map, the islands are a bit plain and boring in my opinion. All of your islands are squared, and that doesn't look good especially with the materials you picked. If you're making islands out of grass and stone then they're supposed to look natural right? I'd suggest to try to make them look more round and organic in a way, they need to look more like islands and not like platforms. About floating islands, they usually have rock peaks at the bottom which I see you tried to replicate but yours are a little too thin and small for them to be noticeable and look good. The arrangement of the map is okay, it's a very typical shape a SkyWars map would have, for which I would advise you to find ways to make your maps unique. That's one of the things that is looked for in Map Submissions for popular gamemodes like SW and EW, uniqueness. The spacing in between the sub-mid and mid is way too little, and I can see how people would be able to rush to mid way too quickly. You want to make sure that the islands aren't too far apart, but also not so close together. After all, bridging and getting shot off is a big part of the game. In general it's a really nice build for your first time I'd say, for your next project it'd be great if you could choose a more original/interesting theme for your map. In this case you went for just trees, grass, vegetation, etc. There's so many themes you can choose from to make your map look more visually appealing and original.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
This is my very first ever build of a mini game if you want to give me any tips for my next build I will be glad to read some in the comments.
Sadly, I voted no for this, although it is a very good first map, it is not, in my opinion, up to the same standard as other cubecraft maps. But i know that a major portion of maps is gameplay. 1st, I dont know what minigame this is even for so I cant give very specific feedback but ill try. the starter islands are VERY small, no matter what game this would be played on, there is 0 room for PvP or building. Seeing chests, I'm going to guess that this might have been built for skywars, and for skywars the islands are very thin, there are no opportunities for traps or mining on your island for resources, if I were to play this as skywars i would most likely play it like spleef. Also the center island is VERY big with a lot of open space, i see a lot of long fights with runners on this map. There is also no terrain in the map at all, flat fight dont give much variation and it would be, in my opinion, a very typical and possibly boring map to play on because it has no special features. These are the reasons I voted no.
I really hope i wasn't too harsh, keep building and I know that you will get there eventually =)

Reactions: SweetPotato__

Ediinsonn

Novice Member
Nov 28, 2019
It looks a lot like the map of Paris. You should add more structure to the islands but it's very simple build

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
Hey! Really nice to see you made a map. I build too, but I'm not a master.
Like Eli already listed many things, I agree with all of them. The middle is a square and empty inside the castle, the few 1x1 lava spots don't really fit in there. You could have put more effort on the spawn islands; its' size, the tree. the bottom, the shape. Right now it's a small cylinder with a square-ish bottom, with a very very very little tree, 2 chests on top (maybe one inside it idk). You could have made the spawn islands 5x bigger, added like a tower or something as it fits well with the castle in mid.

But is this a map submission? In the post you don't tell us anything about the map except that it's your first map. The poll should be
"Should this map be added?"
Yes
No

(or something along those lines)

Reactions: ItzEnd3r

Brewingcreeper

Novice Member
Jul 14, 2018
United States
Sadly, I voted no for this, although it is a very good first map, it is not, in my opinion, up to the same standard as other cubecraft maps. But i know that a major portion of maps is gameplay. 1st, I dont know what minigame this is even for so I cant give very specific feedback but ill try. the starter islands are VERY small, no matter what game this would be played on, there is 0 room for PvP or building. Seeing chests, I'm going to guess that this might have been built for skywars, and for skywars the islands are very thin, there are no opportunities for traps or mining on your island for resources, if I were to play this as skywars i would most likely play it like spleef. Also the center island is VERY big with a lot of open space, i see a lot of long fights with runners on this map. There is also no terrain in the map at all, flat fight dont give much variation and it would be, in my opinion, a very typical and possibly boring map to play on because it has no special features. These are the reasons I voted no.
I really hope i wasn't too harsh, keep building and I know that you will get there eventually =)

Thank you for your feed back. Yeah I can agree it needs more detail and more room for PvP.

Reactions: ItzEnd3r
D

Deleted member 469419

Hi,

Not bad for your first build but a lot of stuff can be improved.

Try to view some Youtube tutorials, I bit improved my build skills viewing tutorials, it's 99,9% guaranteed that you'll learn a lot of things.

GL improving build style buddy :)

You can also ask for advices to the amazing ccg build team, they build incredibly good.

Lukejvc

Sep 9, 2017
Sweden
That's a really good map! But, you should add more details and give the map a little more structure. Keep practicing but it can be better! I like the map anyway! :D

TechnoAtomic

Novice Member
Apr 21, 2020
It's great, but I'll have to say no. The starter islands are barely 5x5, and a couple of hits could knock you off. The islands are a bit plain and lack detail (Maybe add some rocks or trees, that would be great!) and the lava holes are really out of place.

summurai

Novice Member
Jun 7, 2017
België
Good looking map, espacially for the first time. But, there are some things to improve on in my opinion; try adding more structures and obstacles like mountains rocks or trees? the islands are also a bit too small, try setting up a house and a tree for the details? that comes to my last point, details. I think the starter islands and the middle islands are not equal to the middle? You could also build a bit 'crazier' by giving the center a different shape than a square.

in general, I would go a bit more unique and add more structure and details.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom