• Yes, a separate FFA currency should be implemented

• No, /shop should stay as it currently is

• No, the suggested new currency should not be added

Results are only viewable after voting.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I was in FFA with a friend and we were just fighting some players that were camping with bows. These players started hunting us down through the entire map while also using the shop all the time.

As soon as we got them down to 15 HP, they did /shop and bought some god apples and seven extra sets (not even exaggerating). We are still fighting them as we speak and this has been going on for over two hours.

Because of this, I was alerted to suggest two rather vital changes to this system

1. /shop is off-limits when in combat!

This is to prevent situations like above from happening. It's more than infuriating and I'm sure every FFA player will agree. Literally being mid-fight and just seeing your opponent casually buying a few notch apples and extra armour sets.

2. Currency

It makes absolutely no sense for this system to require regular points. I could just tryhard some EggWars with the typical parties and I'm all good to go. This has been made even worse since the multiplier overhaul. (this literally is P2W)

==> Have a separate currency exclusive to FFA. This way only players who actually play FFA will be rewarded with the benefits of the shop.

FFA points can be obtained in three ways

- FFA points are rewarded upon killing a player
- FFA points are rewarded every x minutes
- FFA points are part of the rewards of FFA achievements

So the person I was with taught me how to use LabyMod voice chat and we were just dealing with the (so-called) shoppers and suddenly he just enabled his voice chat and shouted at everyone who also has LabyMod voice chat enabled: "Hey y'all, come help us out: ___ and ___ keep shopping and have bought seven fresh sets so far"
Literally everyone: "How lovely. On it."

Thanks for reading and please vote :)
- Riley

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
I was in FFA with a friend and we were just fighting some players that were camping with bows. These players started hunting us down through the entire map while also using the shop all the time.

As soon as we got them down to 15 HP, they did /shop and bought some god apples and seven extra sets (not even exaggerating). We are still fighting them as we speak and this has been going on for over two hours.

Because of this, I was alerted to suggest two rather vital changes to this system

This is to prevent situations like above from happening. It's more than infuriating and I'm sure every FFA player will agree. Literally being mid-fight and just seeing your opponent casually buying a few notch apples and extra armour sets.

2. Currency

It makes absolutely no sense for this system to require regular points. I could just tryhard some EggWars with the typical parties and I'm all good to go. This has been made even worse since the multiplier overhaul. (this literally is P2W)

==> Have a separate currency exclusive to FFA. This way only players who actually play FFA will be rewarded with the benefits of the shop.

So the person I was with taught me how to use LabyMod voice chat and we were just dealing with the (so-called) shoppers and suddenly he just enabled his voice chat and shouted at everyone who also has LabyMod voice chat enabled: "Hey y'all, come help us out: ___ and ___ keep shopping and have bought seven fresh sets so far"

- Riley
Completely agree, I don’t really play that much FFA myself but it’s been enough for me to be aware of this issue. Hopefully that’ll bring an end to this shopping vicious cycle because I don’t think many people find it fun to be stuck PvPing the same player for minutes long.

About the currency, I’m all for it. I had suggested it before here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/ffa-currency.215842/
But it didn’t really get much attention, still I really do hope FFA gets its own currency.

Reactions: Priley

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA

2. Currency

- Riley

I agree with all of things that you have said. In addition to the changes that you have suggested, how about custom enchants and quests get added to FFA. At this point, I think FFA needs a bit of an overhaul update.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Not even debatable for me.NO
What you’re gonna do if you don’t want to lose your kill streak when 5 people jump on you?!?
What you are gonna do if some crazy cheater appears?And what if you wanna be alive and record them?!?(god apple)
Prices can be a little bit higher, but removing that is complete dumbness

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019

Overall pretty good suggestion, but I don't really agree with disabling shop when in combat. If this got implemented, instead of buying things mid-fight, shoppers would just buy a lot of things before getting into a fight, so makes this a little irrelevant.
But lets imagine you manage to break the 6 sets the shopper bought. Great the shopper is now dead. But the shopper would like to be alive and had points to spend on more armor. He would probably be upset that he spent all those points only to die because he was not allowed to buy more because he kept getting focused. The possibility of this happening will probably make some people who were going to shop less likely to do so, as they risk dying way sooner. Even though shopping is a bit annoying, less shopping makes the game more boring, as shoppers give a bit of a challenge and some variety to the game, and 3v1ing shoppers is always fun.
2. Currency

Aside from that i agree with the alternate currency, as it prevents some random sky/eggwars player that never played FFA just shopping 10 gapples and going arround killing people, but i don't think giving points just for being online is good, it would probably lead to AFK farming, you can easily bypass the AFK kicker by putting a weight on the mouse or something like that.

This completely resumes FFA in a sentence.

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
What you’re gonna do if you don’t want to lose your kill streak when 5 people jump on you?!?
What you are gonna do if some crazy cheater appears?And what if you wanna be alive and record them?!?(god apple)
You can still buy stuff when you're out of combat or in the start. It will just get disabled in mid-fight.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
Overall pretty good suggestion, but I don't really agree with disabling shop when in combat. If this got implemented, instead of buying things mid-fight, shoppers would just buy a lot of things before getting into a fight, so makes this a little irrelevant.
But lets imagine you manage to break the 6 sets the shopper bought. Great the shopper is now dead. But the shopper would like to be alive and had points to spend on more armor. He would probably be upset that he spent all those points only to die because he was not allowed to buy more because he kept getting focused. The possibility of this happening will probably make some people who were going to shop less likely to do so, as they risk dying way sooner. Even though shopping is a bit annoying, less shopping makes the game more boring, as shoppers give a bit of a challenge and some variety to the game, and 3v1ing shoppers is always fun.

Aside from that i agree with the alternate currency, as it prevents some random sky/eggwars player that never played FFA just shopping 10 gapples and going arround killing people, but i don't think giving points just for being online is good, it would probably lead to AFK farming, you can easily bypass the AFK kicker by putting a weight on the mouse or something like that.

This completely resumes FFA in a sentence.
I do believe that being able to buy golden apples when you’re about to die makes a big difference though.

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
Honestly, FFA shouldn’t be P2W in my opinion. I agree with everything you said. It does get annoying if someone suddenly buys a gapple when you are about to kill them.

Aosm

Apr 16, 2019
I didn’t know about /shop hahaha i always buy before join pvp. ):

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
You can still buy stuff when you're out of combat or in the start. It will just get disabled in mid-fight.
Yeah but what exactly are you gonna do if a cheater appears? Lose your streak? Because there's no way he'll let you just casually buy gapples / armor..

Reactions: remio

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
Yeah but what exactly are you gonna do if a cheater appears? Lose your streak? Because there's no way he'll let you just casually buy gapples / armor..
Almost every suggestion has pros and cons, but in this case I think it’s still worth to implement. Answer on your question: probably record the cheater and then die if I can’t get any help for others. Even with /shop available I would probably just waste my points and then die if it’s a crazy cheater.

Reactions: Priley

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
I do believe that being able to buy golden apples when you’re about to die makes a big difference though.
You can buy 1 stack before getting into a fight, if shopping mid combat got removed people would just buy a ton of surplus before fighting.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Almost every suggestion has pros and cons, but in this case I think it’s still worth to implement. Answer on your question: probably record the cheater and then die if I can’t get any help for others. Even with /shop available I would probably just waste my points and then die if it’s a crazy cheater.
You're basically saying ''Oh hey, you got a 128 winstreak? Well I don't care! Let's change the entire shop system so that people can't try and hunt down other people around the entire map. I mean, you can leave, but what's the fun in that. Ruin people's winstreaks!''

No.. Just.. no.. People get targetted because they used the shop, and then people complain those same people use the shop mid fight. They don't want to lose their stuff. If they didn't use /shop they'd die extremely quick.
If someone has a high kill streak, they want to obviously use gapples to surive and to not lose their killstreak. Even more obvious, they want to survive from hackers.
Yes, every suggestion has pros and cons. But what are the pros for this suggestion? People won't hunt someone down throughout the entire map? Guess what, they can still do that with dying. The people who get targetted can leave. They can ask other people to help hunt the hunters down. But no, the solution is to remove /shop for in combat people, which would cause people to lose their killstreak or their newly bought stuff..

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
[Didn't see this message so sorry for double posting]

You can buy 1 stack before getting into a fight, if shopping mid combat got removed people would just buy a ton of surplus before fighting.

1 golden apple costs 250 points...
250 x 64 = 16.000 points...
Not everyone can just throw away 16k points for gapples..

Even if they did could, and they would buy 64 gapples. What about armor? If you survive for a long amount of time, your armor can easily break. Yes you can buy extra sets and fill your entire inventory (which would lead to another 18k points) but you'll probably run out of armor faster then gapples.. There will still be a moment where you need to shop mid fight.. You'd lose your entire killstreak and your 34k points inventory..

Now, the reason I mention the points, is because not everyone needs a full inventory of extra sets of armor. Not everyone needs 64 gapples.. Some people are just really good at PvP and don't get hit very often. Then they just wasted 34k points..

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
You're basically saying ''Oh hey, you got a 128 winstreak? Well I don't care! Let's change the entire shop system so that people can't try and hunt down other people around the entire map. I mean, you can leave, but what's the fun in that. Ruin people's winstreaks!''

No.. Just.. no.. People get targetted because they used the shop, and then people complain those same people use the shop mid fight. They don't want to lose their stuff. If they didn't use /shop they'd die extremely quick.
If someone has a high kill streak, they want to obviously use gapples to surive and to not lose their killstreak. Even more obvious, they want to survive from hackers.
Yes, every suggestion has pros and cons. But what are the pros for this suggestion? People won't hunt someone down throughout the entire map? Guess what, they can still do that with dying. The people who get targetted can leave. They can ask other people to help hunt the hunters down. But no, the solution is to remove /shop for in combat people, which would cause people to lose their killstreak or their newly bought stuff..
Tbh I rather lose my streak than being in the same fight for over two hours. This is just my opinion and I don’t play FFA very often, so that can be a reason why, idk. You may think something else, but this is why I agree with the thread.

Reactions: Eli

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Tbh I rather lose my streak than being in the same fight for over two hours. This is just my opinion and I don’t play FFA very often, so that can be a reason why, idk. You may think something else, but this is why I agree with the thread.
Depends on your streak. If it's a streak of 4, sure. If it's one of 100+, nty

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
What about armor? If you survive for a long amount of time, your armor can easily break. Yes you can buy extra sets and fill your entire inventory (which would lead to another 18k points) but you'll probably run out of armor faster then gapples.. There will still be a moment where you need to shop mid fight.. You'd lose your entire killstreak and your 34k points inventory..
Yeah that was part of my point. If you manage to break all their sets and they die, but they wanted to keep going and had points to buy more armor. The possibility of that happening would probably make some people not shop, and I think the purpose of this suggestion is just make shop more fair and not less used.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I agree with all of things that you have said. In addition to the changes that you have suggested, how about custom enchants and quests get added to FFA. At this point, I think FFA needs a bit of an overhaul update.
That's not what this suggestion is about. I deliberately only suggested the shopping changes to make sure all the attention would go to them and they wouldn't be buried under all the other suggestions for FFA. Thanks for the support though.

I definitely think the pros outweigh the cons. You can always prepare for these situations beforehand - you would just have to consider how many god apples and extra sets you'd need and this way, even if you have an inventory full, you shouldn't be able to casually buy another full inventory when players have been fighting you for two hours

If a hacker comes at you then there's not much you'd be able to do anyway. I'm fairly sure the shop wouldn't make a difference either because in most cases you can't even hit them anyway

But what are the pros for this suggestion? People won't hunt someone down throughout the entire map? Guess what, they can still do that with dying. The people who get targetted can leave. They can ask other people to help hunt the hunters down. But no, the solution is to remove /shop for in combat people, which would cause people to lose their killstreak or their newly bought stuff..
The pros are that fighting the same player without them dying for hours on end would not happen anymore. This literally is P2W as you can just buy a god apple mid-fight as soon as you need it. This is really frustrating for anyone but especially for players who don't have this option

[Didn't see this message so sorry for double posting]

1 golden apple costs 250 points...
250 x 64 = 16.000 points...
Not everyone can just throw away 16k points for gapples..

Even if they did could, and they would buy 64 gapples. What about armor? If you survive for a long amount of time, your armor can easily break. Yes you can buy extra sets and fill your entire inventory (which would lead to another 18k points) but you'll probably run out of armor faster then gapples.. There will still be a moment where you need to shop mid fight.. You'd lose your entire killstreak and your 34k points inventory..

Now, the reason I mention the points, is because not everyone needs a full inventory of extra sets of armor. Not everyone needs 64 gapples.. Some people are just really good at PvP and don't get hit very often. Then they just wasted 34k points..
If they don't want to waste points because they can die eventually then they shouldn't spend them to begin with. Eventually, they'll die, even if they keep using the shop. Yamin shared a story with me about how he and seventeen other players were fighting two shoppers for half a day - they kept using the shop and never seemed to run out of points - but eventually, they made a mistake which caused both of them to get trapped and die

Reactions: Smoothlyy and Eli
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday have a good day/night today!:D
Frontlane wrote on xEefster's profile.
Gefeliciteerd 🥳
Frontlane wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉
Kazwa wrote on xEefster's profile.
happy birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom