Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see a sort of event like this?(please read post first!)

• Yes, I like the suggestion.

• No, I don't like the suggestion

Results are only viewable after voting.

ItzNoLIama

Jan 25, 2020
Belgium
Here once again with another FFA suggestion :D

I like to play Free For All a lot, it is my favorite gamemode, to be honest. But I would like something new... Something that would make FFA a bit the same, but also having a little event here and there.

I am thinking of a sort of bounty event that would take place every 15 minutes(example) in a FFA game. There would be a random chosen person as a target to everyone and people should try to claim the bounty. You're probably thinking like "But the chosen player will not be able to get a chance of claiming the bounty"... Well, I have thought about it and had an idea of making a sort of chain... What I mean by that is if the target got killed by a player, the player(killer) becomes the new target. After a small amount of time, the current target will get the event's price. To make it easier for people to find the target, the target will be shown with a glow around(Like the spectral arrow effect). I personally think that the price should be points, maybe by every target that has been killed(in general over the FFA server) equals 1 more point.

Please share your opinion about this suggestion :D

Greets
Noliam

Reactions: ImJunior

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I have mixed feelings about this idea, on one side it’s a great new addition which will mix up the boring, ordinary ffa game but on the other side, it could ruin some players’ goals. Imagine that you’re trying to get a 100 kill streak and you’re at 75 kills which already is quite a lot of progress. And suddenly you become the bounty and a lot of people will try to kill you at once. This can totally ruin your streak.

I’m still going for a “yes” on this idea but I do understand that people think it won’t be a good idea because of what I mentioned above.

ItzNoLIama

Jan 25, 2020
Belgium
I have mixed feelings about this idea, on one side it’s a great new addition which will mix up the boring, ordinary ffa game but on the other side, it could ruin some players’ goals. Imagine that you’re trying to get a 100 kill streak and you’re at 75 kills which already is quite a lot of progress. And suddenly you become the bounty and a lot of people will try to kill you at once. This can totally ruin your streak.

I’m still going for a “yes” on this idea but I do understand that people think it won’t be a good idea because of what I mentioned above.
I didn't think about that, and I understand that situation. I will brainstorm for a solution because I like to do that when I'm bored. For now, my solution is to give a choice to the randomly chosen target. Something like "You have been chosen as the bounty target! Click [Here] to ACCEPT within the 10 seconds". It could have an [Deny] option to make it faster. And probably start the winning price with 10 points so people that aren't going for a killstreak will accept it instead of giving it to someone else to kill them later. But as I said, I will think for other solutions, this is just the easy way out :D

Edit: And to avoid to accidentally killing the target and becoming the target yourself when on a killstreak(above 3kills) you'll get an item in your inventory(so you aren't standing still while in chat) to deny joining the event.

I would like to know what you like about this easy "solution", and thank you for sharing your opinion!

Greets
Noliam

Last edited:
Reactions: SanCookie

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I didn't think about that, and I understand that situation. I will brainstorm for a solution because I like to do that when I'm bored. For now, my solution is to give a choice to the randomly chosen target. Something like "You have been chosen as the bounty target! Click [Here] to ACCEPT within the 10 seconds". It could have an [Deny] option to make it faster. And probably start the winning price with 10 points so people that aren't going for a killstreak will accept it instead of giving it to someone else to kill them later. But as I said, I will think for other solutions, this is just the easy way out :D

Edit: And to avoid to accidentally killing the target and becoming the target yourself when on a killstreak(above 3kills) you'll get an item in your inventory(so you aren't standing still while in chat) to deny joining the event.

I would like to know what you like about this easy "solution", and thank you for sharing your opinion!

Greets
Noliam
I like the solution but there also has to be a reward for being the bounty target, otherwise players will just deny it. I was thinking something like this:
If you're the bounty target, you'll get twice as many points per kill.

Reactions: ItzNoLIama

Marionex

Mar 17, 2020
Poland
Great suggestion, but I've got my own solution.
There could be a command which can set you on bounty for (example) 30 minutes. During this time you will earn (another example) +4 points for each kill. When the time runs out and you didn't die, you will get bonus points, but if someone manages to get you, you will lose (yet another example) 50% of points earned (and the person who killed you will claim all your earned points). Since people would just spam this command all the time, I also suggest give this command a (the last example) 1 hour cooldown.
I skipped the thing about the "Bounty" tag and a message because this is obvious.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Yesterday, I was targeted by I kid you not, 6 people teaming together, they would follow me from game to game, and try and kill me, it got so bad I just left and got off my computer and do something else, if you implement a system to specifically target someone, it could make what happened to me worse, FFA is already kind of a mess and can be really frustrating so this wouldn't be fun. Not to mention this is a thing on Hypixels equivalent called Pit and I can't begin to tell you how annoying it is to deal with when I used to play on it.

This could also be problematic for people who like to chill and have casual fun which is also part of it, not to mention it wouldn't be fair in the sense if you buy armor and golden apples, depending on the situation, unfair to those targeting you, or for you getting targeted when you just spent all those points. Also how it works on a chain would be annoying for its own reasons. And finally, this would change how FFA is played, in short, this would make it what it's all about, removing all that it used to be, instead of hanging out, fighting some people here and there, it would turn into an endless game of hot potato, always unfair for someone.

To conclude I strongly disagree with this suggestion and if it were implemented, I just wouldn't play FFA ever. The only way I would accept it if it were to be a subsection mode for FFA. -1

Edit: There is a feature kind of like this in Assasins which currently is very broken and unbalanced, I fear the same exact issues could rise up like there with a system like this, especially when it's casual players vs pvp gods.

Reactions: ItzNoLIama
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
Top Bottom