Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should there be a category for XL or Large?

• Add XL/Large maps

• keep it as it

Results are only viewable after voting.
A

A pigeon

Uhh well you can't just join and say "oh I know everything, here we go, lets piss someone off"
Not my fault some people dont have conprehension skills and get upset easily :) /summon smileyface emoji Toxicity

Last edited by a moderator:
A

A pigeon

Lets think:
Teaparty
Aztec
Mushrooms

All considered XL.
Ok im out of this thread.
Teaparty is XL not because of size , because of the duration of game . Considering game duration , we dont really have too many long maps . Wr have teaparty , area - nvm . Then we have um , uhhh - Teaparty!

Reactions: Blue_Destroyer01

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Another example a few maps that are out now that could be considered XL or large is Teaparty.
The thread creator said it himself :P

Also, it is not based on time.
Ive won a game on teaparty in about 15 minutes, with everyone basically rushing.

The map itself is larger then most maps, making XL imo.

Blue_Destroyer01

May 8, 2016
To clear up any misunderstandings, I meant maps that are around the size of rome, teaparty, etc. And I wouldn't really consider it a mode it'd be a category that would be included before the name of the map on the sign, for example L mine. Honestly, Purple Asterisk understands exactly what I'm saying. I'm considering factors of team size, map size, game duration, and the density of generators. For game duration, I'm considering the average game duration, which is definatly not 15 minutes.

Pillow

Sep 25, 2016
My computer
I think that it should just be kept as is. If there are bigger maps, it will be harder for some players to find other players. This can make players angry.

Blue_Destroyer01

May 8, 2016
I think that it should just be kept as is. If there are bigger maps, it will be harder for some players to find other players. This can make players angry.
Some maps don't have to be played, hence why you can choose. Its simple, play the map if you like the map.

A

A pigeon

Ye , i wish we had more maps like teaparty . Huge maps that can fit more than two teams in which games usually last more than 1 hour . Teapparty is the only map that falls under this condition. Maybe aztec , but its not all that large.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Bigger maps,
Benefits, longer games, fit more people in one game.
Cons, campers are farther away, more people = more diamonds = iron people too fast, mid camping is too op.
I won't play this thing, nor will a lot of people, also, you can't just world edit bigger maps, look at forest and speed forest, same name, same theme, completely different map. This will take the boulders a lot of time just to recreate maps.

Blue_Destroyer01

May 8, 2016
Bigger maps,
Benefits, longer games, fit more people in one game.
Cons, campers are farther away, more people = more diamonds = iron people too fast, mid camping is too op.
I won't play this thing, nor will a lot of people, also, you can't just world edit bigger maps, look at forest and speed forest, same name, same theme, completely different map. This will take the boulders a lot of time just to recreate maps.
1) There are ender-pearls in normal mode for a reason
2) I never said anything about world edit, in fact; world edit can't even do what you are saying (They can use it to make it, but they can't just simply do a command to enlarge it)
3) I never said it had to be immediate

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
1) There are ender-pearls in normal mode for a reason
2) I never said anything about world edit, in fact; world edit can't even do what you are saying (They can use it to make it, but they can't just simply do a command to enlarge it)
3) I never said it had to be immediate
So what you are saying is that bigger maps will take a lot of time to make, but they won't add too much to the game. Longer games, because either more teams or more players per team meaning you have to rush more islands or have to kill more people, more diamonds have to be added at mid to balance it out, imagine if tea party only had one level 2, going mid would be next to useless, this will make more people get diamonds WAY too fast, if the islands are farther away, then more campers, while there are enderpearls, there are no items that make you win 10v1s, unless if you want to promote bowspamming.

About world edit, yes I know they can't simply enlarge it that is what I am telling you they actually would have to enlarge the map manually, maybe using world edit, and if it is so easy to do this, how come there are only like 2 maps a month for each game mode? They have an entire build team too. Maps take time and effort.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you so much for the follow!!
Xi1m wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on SpringWarz's profile.
Cool senior moderator!
who here got mice with holes on them

how do you even clean those things

i plan to buy the hyperx pulsefire haste but i have zero idea on how to clean it

give advice please 🙏🙏🙏
Top Bottom