Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see this armour enchantment?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

xKouhai

Dec 25, 2016
I was playing on this map earlier with friends and had this idea. Since, every time you play on a map with an emerald generator there is a set of diamond armour available (I am not sure about hardcore as I haven't played a map with an emerald generator on hardcore.) If on op, they seem to have the same enchantments no matter what map you are playing on- the only difference being the name of the armour itself. So, I thought that if a set of diamond armour (or any other type of armour) could be named something like "The Stingray's Armour" (I am not very creative- I am sure Cube or someone would think of a better name if this is to be added) which had a Thorns enchantment on it. This would be somewhat effective because Under Da Sea is a map where you can camp quite easily and when in such a situation you would be trying to build a safe bridge but would keep getting shot by the opposition right? But, if you had the thorns armour the enemy would also get hurt from shooting you allowing just that enough time gap for you to build you bridge a bit more (and maybe kill the player themselves if they were not paying attention). Say your opinion below?

EDIT: You could add unbreaking to counter the armour durability decrease (suggested below).

Last edited:
Reactions: Power Ranger
Dec 23, 2016
Australia
www.youtube.com
Ok Gainfullterror that's a good point and xKouhai GREAT idea. How about in order to counteract the extra durability loss due to the thorns have an unbreaking 1-3 enchantment on the pieces of gear. I also read up on wikipedia and it says 'that the extra Thorns durability penalty will be applied to one of those armor pieces chosen randomly.' So...maybe have unbreaking on all pieces of armour with thorns or just have one piece of armour with thorns (called 'Stingray boots/chestplate/helmet/leggings *I LIKE THE NAME lol) and then just unbreaking (1-3) on everything else plus that piece of armour.

All in all FANTASTIC IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!

KiaTheKitten

Feb 19, 2016
This would be super cool. I feel like your right about having a set of armour you can buy with emeralds, that would make getting emeralds a lot more valuable. Keep up the great ideas.

CARDAN18

Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2015
Cakeland
www.twitch.tv
I have not played op Eggwars in a while, but if you are saying that the diamond armour from the emerald gems is weak then maybe there should be a buff. I'm not sure that it should be thorns, but I think it should be buffed.

TheVenom27

May 27, 2016
rip choco lol +1 but only if there is no thorns, only buff like prop 3 or prop 4

xKouhai

Dec 25, 2016
By the time you got over, your armor would pretty much be gone, as thorns drains durability for dealing damage.

Fair point, didn't think of that xD But to counter that you could add unbreaking enchantments to the armour ;P (Like GamingAssassin said).

xKouhai

Dec 25, 2016
This would be super cool. I feel like your right about having a set of armour you can buy with emeralds, that would make getting emeralds a lot more valuable. Keep up the great ideas.

Thank you ;P

rip choco lol +1 but only if there is no thorns, only buff like prop 3 or prop 4
I think it already has prot 5 (if that's what you mean not sure if prot is what u meant instead of prop lol)

Rip where does it say prop o.o I'm blind I swear T_T. And the armour already has prot- you play this Venom you should know this xDD. Well in OP it does ;-; in normal its a regular set of diamond.

xKouhai

Dec 25, 2016
I have not played op Eggwars in a while, but if you are saying that the diamond armour from the emerald gems is weak then maybe there should be a buff. I'm not sure that it should be thorns, but I think it should be buffed.

Sorry, I'm figuring it didn't make sense because I was literally typing that at like 4am xD I meant that another set of armour with the thorns enchantment should be added (to underdasea only ;P cause the stingray thingy goes with it and yeah) Or the thorns enchantment should be added to the set available itself (With perhaps unbreaking because of its durability).

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I ♡ this idea! Thorns would an interesting enchantment to use and people seem to underestimate how op diamond armor is with its toughness value. As far as I know the only enchantment that drains durability is protection @Gainfullterror
Anyway I think it would be cool to use ♡♡♡♡

Reactions: Komodо

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I ♡ this idea! Thorns would an interesting enchantment to use and people seem to underestimate how op diamond armor is with its toughness value. As far as I know the only enchantment that drains durability is protection @Gainfullterror
Anyway I think it would be cool to use ♡♡♡♡
Nope, thorns feasts on your durability if it does its effect.
It's a terrible enchant in an all-out fight.

Dec 23, 2016
Australia
www.youtube.com
oh and Gainfullterror did you read this?? it's a way to counteract the problem you keep bringing up.
Ok Gainfullterror that's a good point and xKouhai GREAT idea. How about in order to counteract the extra durability loss due to the thorns have an unbreaking 1-3 enchantment on the pieces of gear. I also read up on wikipedia and it says 'that the extra Thorns durability penalty will be applied to one of those armor pieces chosen randomly.' So...maybe have unbreaking on all pieces of armour with thorns or just have one piece of armour with thorns (called 'Stingray boots/chestplate/helmet/leggings *I LIKE THE NAME lol) and then just unbreaking (1-3) on everything else plus that piece of armour.

All in all FANTASTIC IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on xEefster's profile.
Gefeliciteerd 🥳
Frontlane wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉
Kazwa wrote on xEefster's profile.
happy birthday! 🎉
Kazwa wrote on Eli's profile.
happy birthday! ^^