Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Yes or no?

• Yes, re-add (some) of the maps.

• Yes, re-add (some) of the maps BUT change them a bit.

• No, don't re-add maps.

• Yes, re-add (some of) the kits.

• No, don't re-add the kits.

• Yes, re-add (some) of the abilities.

• No, don't re-add the abilities.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I was looking through some old recordings looking for a specific one when I stumbled across a few Speed Eggwars recordings. Which lead me to this suggestion thread. I personally perfer Speed Eggwars above Normal Eggwars simply because I perfer faster games. You can perhaps guess what this suggestion is going to, and if you do know and dislike fast games / rushing: don't vote no just yet: let me explain. If you don't know yet: let me explain as well.

It's quite a simple suggestion: re-add (some) of the Speed Eggwars maps, kits and abilities.

Every single time I'd play Speed Eggwars I knew exactly what kit I'd choose: Egg Legs / Speed Potions. Whenever I'd play Normal Eggwars I had no idea which kit to use. I've recently only been using the Money Bags kit but I would personally still perfer the speed potions.
''Oh well, you see, people can so easily rush each other with speed potions!'' Well to that I say: that's the exact same with money bags! Except with the speed potions you need to get iron first and with money bags it takes longer to build over to an island: unless you can bridge quickly.
Speed Eggwars kits are:
Egg Legs
- 2 Speed 2 Potions
Mastermine - Permanently Haste 1
Steak & Eggs - 3s resistance 1 after eating steak
Golden Shell - Golden chestplate and boots (which is, imo, not needed because there is already an armor kit.)
Eggsplosives - 3 TNT and a chainmail chestplate with blast protection 2
Mixing Spoon - Wooden shovel with knockback 1 (might be too overpowered)

Next up is maps. Now, I feel like this is something most people would disagree with because the islands are really close to each other, making it very easy to rush. But if the maps were to be re-added the builders could perhaps change the islands to be less close to each other. (If the majority doesn't like rush maps)
I mainly want these maps back because of the quick rushing, since most daily Eggwars challenges ''kill people'' and ''break an egg'' and that's the only reason I play Eggwars. But the maps look so incredibly good that it'd be a waste to not use them.
Speed Eggwars Maps
(These are only the team maps, but solo can be added as well ig)
Speed Eggwars - Boldore.jpg
Speed Eggwars - Troy.jpg

Get'cha head in the game

Speed Eggwars - Lake.jpg

Speed Eggwars - Library.png
Speed Eggwars - Bones.png
Speed Eggwars - Archaic.png
Speed Eggwars - Candy.png
Speed Eggwars - Civilization.png

Main reason for this thread is because of the maps Civilization and Bones.. they are amazing. Please.. they look so good they deserve to be re-added (._.)

Speed Eggwars Abilities
Born To Crack
- Get a chance of haste after breaking a block of obsidian
Golden Bounty - Get a chance of getting 10-20 golden ingots after breaking an egg (This could be changed to 1-5 gold or 10-20 iron since 10-20 gold might be too op)
Upgrader - A chance of getting a Speed Effect after upgrading an generator

NOTE: As you can probably see in the poll I don't necessarily need every single map, kit and ability to be re-added. Some are fine.

Credit to @SnowyWarz for letting me use the screenshots of the maps that were in his Team Speed Eggwars Guide
and credit to @Elenahh for the thread ''Beyond The Basics'' thread with information about the kits and abilities .

@Marieke2001 @CatsLoveRainbows - said they wanted credit as well but hahaha no you just get a tag

Last edited:

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Just another quick note, Lucky Islands as well as Skywars have speed potion kits. Eggwars doesn't. Yet those three games are the only three games with kits. It would make sense for them to add a speed potion kit to EW? Imo at least.

Baba Yaga

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2019
The Mandalorian's ship
Very simple my answer will be. better the old CubeCraft maps were. Not because of the benefits this was, but because the style better was. More basic, yet so unique and recognizable the old style was. Trying way too hard to make maps too fancy they now are. Looking bad, they do not, but preferring the old maps, I do.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
@Marieke2001 @CatsLoveRainbows - said they wanted credit as well but hahaha no you just get a tag
You have misled us!!

Egg Legs - 2 Speed 2 Potions
Mastermine - Permanently Haste 1
Steak & Eggs - 3s resistance 1 after eating steak
I really liked these kits. If it’s not too overpowered I would love to see them back.

Boldore and lake definitely were my favorite maps to play on. I really liked one of the classic solo speed eggwars maps, where you had a house and close to the “window” upstairs was your egg. No idea what it was called.

Born To Crack - Get a chance of haste after breaking a block of obsidian
Golden Bounty - Get a chance of getting 10-20 golden ingots after breaking an egg
Upgrader - A chance of getting a Speed Effect after upgrading an generator
Yes.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
About the maps:
Yes. I'm a rusher myself and I'd enjoy these maps a lot. They also bring back a lot of memories haha. Tbh most maps don't need to be changed. I think most of the community will enjoy these maps.

About the kits:
Egg Legs: I personally wouldn't use it, but it's definitely a great kit.
Mastermine: might be a little OP when it comes to mining obsidian. I'd probably select this kit haha. But, because most people build a cage around them when mining obsidian, the kit wouldn't be too OP.
Steak & Eggs: Golden apples are already not really needed. This would make them even more useless. Steaks will regen enough (in 1.9+). So it might be a little OP, but really interesting for sure!
The other kits aren't needed IMO, but will bring some variety, which will change EggWars. And I'm all in for changes!

About the abilities:
Seems pretty cool. It will change EggWars, people will have full obsidian in no-time. Might be too OP for normal EggWars.

Overall: I definitely like this. EggWars has been the same for a long time, and this will make it more interesting/ less boring. Some kits/abilities might be too OP, and should be nerved a little.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Another note, I don't know how much SEW Forest looks like EW Forest but I know Toys is the exact same map. I don't know if SEW had Toys first but both games had the map, except in EW the islands were more spread out. So another reason why there's not really a reason to not add SEW maps to EW.

Reactions: SlinkyGnu05604

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
Another note, I don't know how much SEW Forest looks like EW Forest but I know Toys is the exact same map. I don't know if SEW had Toys first but both games had the map, except in EW the islands were more spread out. So another reason why there's not really a reason to not add SEW maps to EW.
Bedrock has gotten a few SEW maps on EW so why not the same for Java?

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I get why people like Speed Eggwars more than Normal Eggwars, I kinda agree but I'm exactly in the middle.

I like Speed Eggwars because of the fast paced game, but I also like Normal Eggwars because I've played it since it came out and I can't think of a Normal Eggwars mode like we have now.

So in my opinion, yes I'd like to see it back, but as an extra mode because I don't want to lose the Normal Eggwars mode. So, we'd have 2 different Eggwars modes again. I don't know if people didn't like 2 different modes, but personally, I'd like to see it.

ImKehz

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2017
I'd rather they leave eggwars the way it is and take over the skywars maps.

Herrero

Mar 4, 2017
They should re-add everything and they could add a voting for it so people could vote for speed or normal in the pre-lobby.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on itsfadedaway's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Valyo_nepobedim's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Kazwa wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
happy birthday! :)
Kazwa wrote on Baploon's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Loskol's profile.
Pro parrot plays pro program
Top Bottom