Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you want to see from emerald generators?

• Team upgrades (Permanent potion effects like strength and haste)

Votes: 71 65.1%
  • Temporary effects (Potions like speed for a limited amount of time, like 5 mins)

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • Random powerful items

Votes: 36 33.0%
  • They are fine as they currently are

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Other (Please explain by replying to this thread)

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters
N

Nikboo

Hey fellow CubeCrafters!

Emerald Generators!

We believe that Emerald generators could be greatly improved from what they currently are to be much more beneficial to players who put the time into gather the Emeralds from the middle. We've had some ideas, however we don't know what YOU want, so we'd like you to share your to ideas help us improve them!

As a staff team, we have discussed the following:

- Team upgrades (Permanent potion effects like strength and haste)
- Temporary effects (Potions like speed for a limited amount of time, like 5 mins)
- Random powerful items (Such as feather falling diamond boots)

Also, from current suggestions we’ve got the idea to make emeralds spawn faster and make the range you have to be in much larger at the middle.

The thing we'd like to achieve with Emerald generators is rewarding teams for holding the middle of the map. The longer that you hold the middle for the greater the rewards. This should hopefully stop those annoying campers from chilling on their islands for the whole game.

However, we need YOUR feedback on what we could add to make them even more desirable and eggciting!
Please post below what YOU would like to see from emerald generators and perhaps your suggestion may be added to a future EggWars update! :D

Have an egg-cracking day!
- Cubecraft staff team

NOTE: This thread is meant to gather feedback from the community regarding emerald generators. Please do not comment with off-topic posts. Off-topic post on this thread WILL be deleted and you may be reply banned from the thread. If you have any other suggestions/discussion regarding Eggwars, then feel free to create a thread in the eggwars section of the forums.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Although permenet effects is already an idea on some pickle land
I still support it here
Except all the maps with emerald items now I would like to keep the same.
Randome items with KB II or Sharpness X would be fun and unike and something I would really like to see

Temporary is not fun
And also its going to be more fun when I start "Re-Construction" a Certin map >:)

Reactions: Nikboo

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Maybe gear upgrades?
Like protection one on your current gear for a certain amount of emeralds?
For the permanent upgrades, I don't know how expensive it'll be but speed 2 might be a little but too OP if it's easy to get, I still like the ideas tho!

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
What about purchasing a random item?

When you purchase it, with emeralds, you will get a totally random item. It can be from a carrot, it can be an iron axe or even it can be a diamond chestplate (A random item picked from all items avalaible in the match)

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
It would be Nice that you can make team upgrades, like for 10 emerald for whole the game and whole your team sharpness I, protection, efficiency, ...
This idea isnt so orginal, because mc-central ( server that steals Some stuff from others, like the map Paris of cubecraft) has this idea also.

I also like that there come an elytra for emeralds.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I do think that Team Upgrades should give you not only effects but also enchantments on Normal and possibly Hardcore.
Maybe those enchantments and effects can be bought with Emeralds instead of just standing there.

Emerald gens should have an Control Point feature. The ground will turn into the teams wool as long it's under that Teams' possession. The team will then acquire temporary effects whenever they're around the Emerald gen's Radius. Leaving it will result into a instant loss of the Effect. If no player of that team is around the gen then they will loose possession of it.
Possible effects:
  • Speed .
  • Strength.
  • Resistance.
  • Haste.
  • Jump Boost.
And some custom ones:
  • Toxic Touch: Touching a player gives them Poison I
  • Corrupted Eye: Opponents will get a spectral effect so you'll be able to see them.
  • Overheat: Touching a player will put them on fire.
I also think Emerald Generators could have a low chance of giving the players negative effects such as Poison, Blindness, Slowness. So there will be always a risk when camping around Emerald gens.
Again those effects will only be available if you're inside the Emerald Gen's radius. Team members outside of it won't receive the effect. And leaving will result into you loosing it instantly till you enter the radius again.
There can only be one effect available at a time so Emerald Gen campers don't get too Overpowered.

lars.l

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
I would like to get a random potion if you trade with the vilger for example the one time you get strengt and the others time you get speedI would also like it if the times are disappointing his example you are likely to get 2 minutes speed and the others turn 5 minutes
een nieuwe soort items bv pixes mat haste of een zwaard met scherpte with normol

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
It would be Nice that you can make team upgrades, like for 10 emerald for whole the game and whole your team sharpness I, protection, efficiency, ...
This idea isnt so orginal, because mc-central ( server that steals Some stuff from others, like the map Paris of cubecraft) has this idea also.

I also like that there come an elytra for emeralds.
I really wish people would stop it with the original stuff already. If the server needs it, add it. Who cares if another server has the same thing. It's like parties. Pretty much all servers have a party system (or similar). Cubecraft was hurting by being 'original' and not having one. (Now we have one and it's great.) So if the community wants team upgrades, add them.
Hey fellow CubeCrafters!

Emerald Generators!

We believe that Emerald generators could be greatly improved from what they currently are to be much more beneficial to players who put the time into gather the Emeralds from the middle. We've had some ideas, however we don't know what YOU want, so we'd like you to share your to ideas help us improve them!

As a staff team, we have discussed the following:

- Team upgrades (Permanent potion effects like strength and haste)
- Temporary effects (Potions like speed for a limited amount of time, like 5 mins)
- Random powerful items (Such as feather falling diamond boots)

Also, from current suggestions we’ve got the idea to make emeralds spawn faster and make the range you have to be in much larger at the middle.

The thing we'd like to achieve with Emerald generators is rewarding teams for holding the middle of the map. The longer that you hold the middle for the greater the rewards. This should hopefully stop those annoying campers from chilling on their islands for the whole game.

However, we need YOUR feedback on what we could add to make them even more desirable and eggciting!
Please post below what YOU would like to see from emerald generators and perhaps your suggestion may be added to a future EggWars update! :D

Have an egg-cracking day!
- Cubecraft staff team

NOTE: This thread is meant to gather feedback from the community regarding emerald generators. Please do not comment with off-topic posts. Off-topic post on this thread WILL be deleted and you may be reply banned from the thread. If you have any other suggestions/discussion regarding Eggwars, then feel free to create a thread in the eggwars section of the forums.
I think the permanent potion effects is a cool idea. I'm just curious how you are going to balance it. For example, if someone gets haste and strength, along with full iron and a diamond sword/axe. They would be a killing machine. So I think it should cap at 1 (speed 1, haste 1, etc..)
I also think the random items would be cool. Especially if random like @HangarGeek suggested.

Just one last thing, please do not add emeralds to every map. Keep it map specific, it's better that way.

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
I personally think a few things, Emeralds should generate a bit faster and stay at one level. There really is no point upgrading the Emerald generator when others can benefit or you already have enough to get your desired items.
Set the generator on one level and maybe produce one every 3ish seconds.

I love the idea of map themed items that can be bought by emeralds, but some aren't worth it. I remember one game on the solo map Tropical, it was overpowered and the pickaxe was the same as one I could buy with 5 gold. It wasn't worth it. I think it'll be worthwhile to change the items that can be bought with Emeralds depending on the mode.

I like the idea of being in a range to generate the Emerald, I really do. To me it doesn't seem to fit in with other generators, you just run in and pick up 5-10 of the token every few seconds. Not sure what could be done about that.

I hate the idea of temporary potion effects. You never know what might happen, whether it being shot off, the enemy not being there, or finding that the enemy is way stronger and wasting your buff. I like permanent potion effects. You could go into a battle and tell your team, "Blue team has strength buffs, watch out." It's would all in all bring a lot more awareness into the game.

I really like how the staff are trying to improve our gameplay and raise satisfaction in Eggwars.

Reactions: diogo and Nikboo

Clacks

Nov 30, 2016
Qatar
Maybe gear upgrades?
Like protection one on your current gear for a certain amount of emeralds?
For the permanent upgrades, I don't know how expensive it'll be but speed 2 might be a little but too OP if it's easy to get, I still like the ideas tho!
Emerald Generators only exist on Overpowered Mode. Which means that Gears are already Enchanted. :p

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Emerald Generators only exist on Overpowered Mode. Which means that Gears are already Enchanted. :p
Emerald Generators only exist on Overpowered Mode.
Overpowered Mode.
giphy.gif

> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-eggwars-update.177475/
Please get your facts right. Thanks.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thunder wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday!
Thunder wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
happy birthday!
Top Bottom