Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

epicforce07

Feb 23, 2021
I feel like emerald upgrades are a good idea but they need more of a structure. Firstly I feel that the enchants should be in the shop at your base to limit people building around these tables and blocking them. Secondly I feel that emerald generators should be back at middle but only used for discounts and upgrades. Thirdly enchants brought from the shop should count to your whole team.

human being

Jan 23, 2022
i agree with the first and third ideas but i disagree with the second one because that would defeat the purpose of emeralds since they're supposed to be incentives for you to break other teams' eggs

epicforce07

Feb 23, 2021
i agree with the first and third ideas but i disagree with the second one because that would defeat the purpose of emeralds since they're supposed to be incentives for you to break other teams' eggs
But middle literally has no players, plus it will stop campers. I agree that giving the incentive to break eggs is important so that’s why if this was to work prices for enchants would be inflated and so would the emeralds earned upon breaking the egg or getting final kills

O1t24277

Feb 3, 2022
India
Pronouns
He/Him
I feel like emerald upgrades are a good idea but they need more of a structure. Firstly I feel that the enchants should be in the shop at your base to limit people building around these tables and blocking them. Secondly I feel that emerald generators should be back at middle but only used for discounts and upgrades. Thirdly enchants brought from the shop should count to your whole team.
I disagree because if the upgrades are for the whole team then it gives a feel like bedwars + emeralds will lose its value.
Eg- if one person get prot 2 with 5 ems and whole team get it then only 5 ems are used whereas if it's only for individual player then it's emeralds required will be 5+5+5+5(squads)
Through I agree that there should be protection around enchantment table just like gens, shop, and spawn area.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Not sure if the enchants should count for the whole team.

That's how mineplex did it for cakewars back in the day, but there upgrades also tended to have multiple levels, and were more expensive while the game also offered a renewable source of nether stars (equivalent to cubecrafts emeralds) and had random treasure islands spawn with chests that could contain literally anything. Not to mention some upgrades weren't technically upgrades, but effects (for example: boosted regeneration for the teams base or haste effects)

That's the thing: mineplex had a system specifically adjusted for that, and a renewable source of resources that allow you to buy upgrades.

Making enchantments renewable would require the whole system to be reworked again, specifically to function in an environment where enchantments count for the whole team. That's a lot of work:

You'd need to make enchantments in general more expensive for the individual player.

You'd need to adjust the enchantments and their strength in a way that makes the team getting them not have too much of an advantage OR if you do allow a really big advantage, then only as a result of putting a lot of resources together as a team to get those strong upgrades. And you'd need some of the now expensive enchantments still worth getting, for example: I doubt anyone would bother buying efficiency if it was more expensive.

You'd need to adjust the ways emeralds are earned in a way that allows you to get enough of them to get those more expensive upgrades, and probably add a more reliable and consistent source of renewable emeralds due to the higher prices.

You'd also need to make sure the game still gives you an incentive to attack players instead of farming upgrades all game. With more expensive enchants, more time will need to be spent getting the resources needed for them.

That's a lot of work, and I don't think we need such big changes after a big update like this just yet.

epicforce07

Feb 23, 2021
I disagree because if the upgrades are for the whole team then it gives a feel like bedwars + emeralds will lose its value.
Eg- if one person get prot 2 with 5 ems and whole team get it then only 5 ems are used whereas if it's only for individual player then it's emeralds required will be 5+5+5+5(squads)
Through I agree that there should be protection around enchantment table just like gens, shop, and spawn area.
I stated that if this was to happen prices would obviously inflate. I find emeralds nearly useless I only use them for discounts anyway.

epicforce07

Feb 23, 2021
Not sure if the enchants should count for the whole team.

That's how mineplex did it for cakewars back in the day, but there upgrades also tended to have multiple levels, and were more expensive while the game also offered a renewable source of nether stars (equivalent to cubecrafts emeralds) and had random treasure islands spawn with chests that could contain literally anything. Not to mention some upgrades weren't technically upgrades, but effects (for example: boosted regeneration for the teams base or haste effects)

That's the thing: mineplex had a system specifically adjusted for that, and a renewable source of resources that allow you to buy upgrades.

Making enchantments renewable would require the whole system to be reworked again, specifically to function in an environment where enchantments count for the whole team. That's a lot of work:

You'd need to make enchantments in general more expensive for the individual player.

You'd need to adjust the enchantments and their strength in a way that makes the team getting them not have too much of an advantage OR if you do allow a really big advantage, then only as a result of putting a lot of resources together as a team to get those strong upgrades. And you'd need some of the now expensive enchantments still worth getting, for example: I doubt anyone would bother buying efficiency if it was more expensive.

You'd need to adjust the ways emeralds are earned in a way that allows you to get enough of them to get those more expensive upgrades, and probably add a more reliable and consistent source of renewable emeralds due to the higher prices.

You'd also need to make sure the game still gives you an incentive to attack players instead of farming upgrades all game. With more expensive enchants, more time will need to be spent getting the resources needed for them.

That's a lot of work, and I don't think we need such big changes after a big update like this just yet.
The new enchant and emerald system I find boring as it shortens games in the long run and gives no structure to the game what so ever, especially with the random drops of emeralds around middle, the game feels more about breaking eggs and running off rather than general PvP. Like this update has ruined eggwars regardless what you think because it’s split whatever community we already have in half between people who dislike the update and people who tolerate it. If they did bring back old eggwars (which devs say is off the table) it would sort these issues.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
Top Bottom