Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Feb 9, 2018
In EggWars, you can normally buy obsidian for 10 gold. This means that in order to encase your egg in obsidian, you have to get 50 gold (which can take a long time). This is okay, because obsidian takes way too long to break without a diamond pickaxe. The problem is that in order to get a diamond pickaxe to break through this stuff, you only need 10 gold (though you can also get a slightly better diamond pickaxe for 10 diamonds). This is a problem, because it makes obsidian pretty much useless.

My suggestion is to make obsidian and all of the types of diamond pickaxes cost diamonds instead of gold. Maybe obsidian would cost 2 diamonds each and the weakest diamond pickaxe would cost 15 to 25 diamonds. This would make defending your egg much more worth it.

This suggestion is mainly oriented towards Solo Mode, and there might be a different situation in Team Mode (I don't play teams as often).

Reactions: Facelurite

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
In my opinion is it good how it is now.
Also you can get 5 obsidian for 15 gold in overpowerd items.
The prices are good enough. Getting diamonds also takes time.
Also the prices for the diamond pickaxe are good enough.
I disagree sorry.

Reactions: _Oplex_

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Honestly, I have no problems with it.
Obsidian shouldn't be a foolproof way to protect your egg, and if someone has a diamond pickaxe, they'll be able to break it. If you choose to invest in upgrading your egg's defence, you do you. If someone attacks with a diamond pickaxe, you'll have to defend the egg. Besides, it's not like it'll take them a second or two to break through it, and you can hit them while they're trying to break it to reset the breaking time.
Obsidian shouldn't be as cheap as the pickaxe, as that means that as soon as you have the pick, anyone could technically have that powerful defence.
I'd rather have the game favor offence a bit more than it does defence in the interest of keeping the current pacing.

Reactions: TheBrownster

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
The lowest diamond pickaxe for 5 Gold is still quite slow at mining through the obsidian. This still gives a decent amount of time for a team to stop a player from getting to their Egg. Also, lowering the cost of obsidian would shorten the gap between the price in normal and the price in overpowered.

BadGuy

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
California
In EggWars, you can normally buy obsidian for 10 gold. This means that in order to encase your egg in obsidian, you have to get 50 gold (which can take a long time). This is okay, because obsidian takes way too long to break without a diamond pickaxe. The problem is that in order to get a diamond pickaxe to break through this stuff, you only need 10 gold (though you can also get a slightly better diamond pickaxe for 10 diamonds). This is a problem, because it makes obsidian pretty much useless.

My suggestion is to make obsidian and all of the types of diamond pickaxes cost diamonds instead of gold. Maybe obsidian would cost 2 diamonds each and the weakest diamond pickaxe would cost 15 to 25 diamonds. This would make defending your egg much more worth it.

This suggestion is mainly oriented towards Solo Mode, and there might be a different situation in Team Mode (I don't play teams as often).
obsidian is a late game thing and as many tryhards have figured out you dont need any protection for your egg you just need to be so devastatingly good at pvp that you kill everything that moves before they can think about touching your lil eggie.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
obsidian is a late game thing and as many tryhards have figured out you dont need any protection for your egg you just need to be so devastatingly good at pvp that you kill everything that moves before they can think about touching your lil eggie.
Obsidian isn't a late game thing. It`s more of a mid-game thing (Unless you are playing Speed eggwars, where it is 3 gold per 1 obsidian.)

Reactions: ItsDavey_

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I see obsidian more as a sort of defense against rushers, people can't rush your egg when you have obsidian. If you die (mainly in solo mode) your egg is most likely gone, obsidian defense or not.

Also making all diamond pickaxes cost diamonds would mean that if I kill someone on their island and they have obsidian, I would have to leave the island to get diamonds, so they can restack on gear and meaning I would have to kill them again.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom