Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Eggs break automatically after a given time?

• Yes, in all games

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Add it as a vote option

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters

Dreym

Oct 9, 2016
United Kingdom
Suggestion for Egg Wars.
Listed for Java as I don't have much experience in the way games go on Bedrock.

Egg Timer suggestion (excuse the pun)

As anyone who has ever played Tea Party, Aztec, Space or most notoriously, Under Da Sea. You will know camping is a massive problem to Egg Wars.
Put aside the comments about toxic players, bow spammers, OP games with 5+ layers of obsidian. There have been many good suggestions to reduce camping in Egg Wars. (Getting rid of bows, not a good idea. Making the gold gen on your island broken to begin with, is a good idea however, but this is a whole different discussion).

Eggs should break automatically after a given time, I would suggest 30 - 45 minutes. However, there is an achievement for keeping your egg alive for 45 minutes, so I presume the latter would be prefered.

Not only will this reduce camping beyond 45 minutes as you will no longer require an enderpearl to get to the island, 8 blocks of obsidian to cage yourself in and a 40 diamond pickaxe to even stand a chance (say 104 diamonds a go), but it will also provide an inventive for people to break eggs earlier in the game.

I feel like this will be a well received suggestion which would really encourage more positive approaches to the game and make some players reconsider the way they play.

Egg Wars matches should not consist of 1+ hours of camping, sitting on diamond generators and Punch bowing enemies off bridges.

Please provide any feedback in the comments, I would love to see what other players think about this.

[Edit 1] As suggested by @Passer , players should have plenty of warning of when eggs will break.

Last edited:

RobinDn

Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2017
Suggestion for Egg Wars.
Listed for Java as I don't have much experience in the way games go on Bedrock.

Egg Timer suggestion (excuse the pun)

As anyone who has ever played Tea Party, Aztec, Space or most notoriously, Under Da Sea. You will know camping is a massive problem for Egg Wars.
Put aside the comments about toxic players, bow spammers, OP games with 5+ layers of obsidian. There have been many good suggestions to reduce camping in Egg Wars. (Getting rid of bows, not a good idea. Making the gold gen on your island broken, to begin with, is a good idea, however, but this is a whole different discussion).

Eggs should break automatically after a given time, I would suggest 30 - 45 minutes. However, there is an achievement for keeping your egg alive for 45 minutes, so I presume the latter would be preferred.

Not only will this reduce camping beyond 45 minutes as you will no longer require an enderpearl to get to the island, 8 blocks of obsidian to cage yourself in and a 40 diamond pickaxe to even stand a chance (say 104 diamonds ago), but it will also provide an incentive for people to break eggs earlier in the game.

I feel like this will be a well-received suggestion that would really encourage more positive approaches to the game and make some players reconsider the way they play.

Egg Wars matches should not consist of 1+ hours of camping, sitting on diamond generators and Punch bowing enemies off bridges.

Please provide any feedback in the comments, I would love to see what other players think about this.

I like the idea of the 30 - 45 min timer on the eggs, it is like a sudden death round then what you are playing.
Not a bad idea at all, and I have seen some of the threads about egg wars but I like this more.

Like camping in the games is not fun, and like most of the rankers vote Overpowered in the games.
Sometimes playing normal is fun too!

Hope your idea gets edit into the server!

Reactions: Dreym

Passer

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
California
www.cubecraft.net
I do agree with you camping in egg wars in a big problem and it needs to be fixed but sometimes those games that last 2 hours with a 10 layers of protection on your egg are the games you will remember the most. Also what if your mid fight and all of a sudden your egg just breaks and you die, that’s no fun. So I say if this were to be added it would have to be a option you can vote for.

Dreym

Oct 9, 2016
United Kingdom
I do agree with you camping in egg wars in a big problem and it needs to be fixed but sometimes those games that last 2 hours with a 10 layers of protection on your egg are the games you will remember the most. Also what if your mid fight and all of a sudden your egg just breaks and you die, that’s no fun. So I say if this were to be added it would have to be a option you can vote for.
Plenty of ways to mitigate that.
Messages in chat or over your screen (like the Egg has been Destroyed message, such as "Eggs will break in 10/5/3/2/1 minute(s)"

This would give players plenty of time to plan their actions accordingly.

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I wanted to suggest something like this, but i learned that all games are infite.

That means if you don't have diamonds and are stuck on a island with a broken generator. Then the last players can just bow camp you from mid. Untill they get superstrong and 1v3 a person who has nothing.Even if you killed them you still need to gear up yourself, break their egg and kill them again.

Adding a sudden death after 45 minutes and posseble even a game end after 1 hour would help alot. I don't think it should be a option you can vote for but it should be implemented in all games. Great idea

D

Deleted member 373055

Camping is a very big problem, but if you decide to go to mid and kill almost the hole game out, you take a risk by leaving your egg open. If your egg is killed by someone else who plays more defendly, you will have to blame yourself for it. I played a few matches together with you, and I saw you rushing and leaving your egg open completely, often, forgetting your own egg. I know your play style, Dreym.

However, I do agree that some Egg Wars matches last way too long. It is also based on the map you choose, so I would rather see it as a vote option, so I voted for that! Egg Wars is a camping, farming game, so I think we should not remove that iconic ambiance.

Very nice suggestion after all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JDgamers

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
Should defenitly exist as a vote option. It’d be great in games where people have multiple obsidian layers and just camps the egg. Timer at perhaps 20-30 minutes?

Lukejvc

Sep 9, 2017
Sweden
That's actually a good idea. Sometimes when I'm playing Eggwars. I often meet many campers. So yeah, a egg break timer would be Great! But it should be a vote option.
:):cube_light:

Reactions: RemiFan

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
This a very nice suggestion but it has some flaw as already mention. What if you have an egg and just before you die it breaks... Well yes it says so on your screen
Eggs will break in 5 minute(s)!
But some fights take several minutes and running away is not always an option. I suppose this would be nice as a voting option. It would be very nice in maps Under Da Sea and Aztech, but it will not take the problem away completely, you still have to build the bridge to their island and kill them, just their egg won't be a problem any more.
What I'm also scared for is that it will have the opposite effect… Think about it, Your team without egg and the enemy with. 30 minutes in the game... What do you do? Well you decide to wait another 15 minutes for egg break and gear up even more. As for now, you will say, fast fast fast, before they have full dia and a bazillion notches.
I am very sceptic but might like to see it implemented!

~Fesa

Reactions: N00bYeeter
D

Deleted member 421664

I wouldn't like that, by the way, it's a nice idea for some people!

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
Sometimes I like to have long, almost never-ending games, on a long summer night.. This would really just stop me from enjoying this.
However, I think I'd want this when not playing with real life friends, just parties and random people, games that don't last too long..
That's why I think adding this as a vote option is a good thing. But then again, 40 minutes is still really long, and most games can end after 25 minutes.. Reducing the time to less than 40 minutes for example 20 or 25, would make it like games don't last too long and make it look like skywars.. So I'm not really sure..
If this gets added, I'd like it as a vote option, not a basic setting ;)

Reactions: RemiFan

N00bYeeter

Novice Member
Feb 1, 2019
US
I do like this idea but Fesa brings up a good point about people just waiting for eggs to despawn. I mostly have fast games but every once in a while I do like long games. 45 minutes seems like a long enough game. 10 layers of obsidian doesn't bother me when you get that OP pick though.

HiggDawg

Jun 1, 2016
I seem to like the Idea for some games and that is why I voted "Add it as a vote option" because maybe a game I'm feeling to camp and talk to the people and I love rushing people with an egg and barely anything on, I like the feeling of killing a full diamond in my leather because they got knocked off, ah that's the best and without an egg, I don't get this. I would like to say this should be asked either on a thirty minutes basis, so every thirty minutes you'll be asked "will you like to break the eggs?" and if it comes to a vote of yes the team has 10-15 minutes to prepare.

Reactions: N00bYeeter
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
GiGaGekkies wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday
vanilla extract is the definition of clickbait ONG
Top Bottom