Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like protection against egg destruction to be added to the game in the first few minutes?

• Total voters

Unslowly

Feb 20, 2024
Almost every game in EggWars feels the same: a speedrunner spawns, collects iron, buys blocks and a pickaxe, builds towards the opponent, and breaks the egg. No PvP, no excitement, nothing. And there are more and more of these speedrunners. But most players don't even get a chance to play. Sometimes it's fun to play with a friend and come up with tactics for defending the egg in the first few minutes. But it gets boring quickly and becomes tiresome. I want to fight, gather resources.
And I'm only talking about the Normal mode of the game. In Overpowered mode, if the opponent buys blocks and builds straight over your egg in the first minute of the game, there's simply nothing you can do because pickaxes break blocks too quickly. Even knocking the opponent off is absolutely useless. Destruction happens in less than a second.
It's even worse in 10v10 games. In the first two minutes of the game, five opponents rush to your base, with their only goal being to break the egg at any cost.

So, what do I propose? Simply add protection against egg destruction for the first 5 minutes (the exact time can be determined through testing). This will encourage players to go to the center instead of rushing to neighboring bases without armor. And beginners will only thank you for it. This could be implemented in two different modes: with protection and without.

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
But if the opponent rushes without any armor, wouldn't it be easy to defend against him since your team most likely has some gear at that point?

Reactions: Casualpoalrbear

Unslowly

Feb 20, 2024
But if the opponent rushes without any armor, wouldn't it be easy to defend against him since your team most likely has some gear at that point?
Not always. You can just to go to the shop to buy armor or blocks, and even in these 5 seconds, comebody can break the egg, and it happened many times. So you just haven't even chance to build up the egg. And in Overpowered mode, it doesn't even help. Especially on maps where the opponent is immediately on both sides, and he literally builds just 5 blocks away. He can just build up. And in mid-air, he manages to break blocks and the egg. Even if you knock him back, it won't help. Either the distance between bases needs to be increased or egg protection needs to be implemented. Otherwise, there will be games where most teams disappear from the map after just 3 minutes and don't even get to play. Conditions need to be created where every player has a chance to win. Not just hoping that the egg won't be broken. P.S. Maps where it's enough to build up to 20 blocks to reach the opponent's base are simply pointless. Because with a kit of 10 starting blocks and building speed in the Bedrock version, the egg can be broken within 15 seconds after the start. This is just inadequate gameplay.

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
I think 1 minute would probably work better for this; the 60 seconds would grant your team time to get some beginning gear and blocks while not having to worry about the egg, and a rusher should be able to wait a short 60 seconds. This should ideally satisfy both player groups. This egg grace period could probably vary based on which team mode is being played too

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
The potential issue I see with this approach is that, provided you have no egg protection, it requires nothing for an attacking team to break your egg, but it requires your team to have weapons and be positioned correctly to fight off an attacking team.

All they have to do is punch once and it's broken.
Your team have to hit multiple times to send them back.

An invincibility timer on the egg feels too much of a clumsy approach, no offence. Like using a cannon to kill a sparrow.
You need something which is far more fine tuned.

The problem is, is that any solution to this would be a fundamental modification to how the game works, and a pretty big overhaul. Which (as I know from *experience*) doesn't tend to go down well.

Last edited:

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Almost every game in EggWars feels the same: a speedrunner spawns, collects iron, buys blocks and a pickaxe, builds towards the opponent, and breaks the egg. No PvP, no excitement, nothing. And there are more and more of these speedrunners. But most players don't even get a chance to play. Sometimes it's fun to play with a friend and come up with tactics for defending the egg in the first few minutes. But it gets boring quickly and becomes tiresome. I want to fight, gather resources.
And I'm only talking about the Normal mode of the game. In Overpowered mode, if the opponent buys blocks and builds straight over your egg in the first minute of the game, there's simply nothing you can do because pickaxes break blocks too quickly. Even knocking the opponent off is absolutely useless. Destruction happens in less than a second.
It's even worse in 10v10 games. In the first two minutes of the game, five opponents rush to your base, with their only goal being to break the egg at any cost.

So, what do I propose? Simply add protection against egg destruction for the first 5 minutes (the exact time can be determined through testing). This will encourage players to go to the center instead of rushing to neighboring bases without armor. And beginners will only thank you for it. This could be implemented in two different modes: with protection and without.
No i dont agree bc with this the speed run will be not bee in egg wars anymore and the game will bee so long bc whene you make protection in the first munite in the game the noobs will protect the egg so hard and here you cant finish the game quickly

BicolourSine41

Novice Member
Jan 21, 2024
Tour de France finish place (Paris)
Pronouns
He/Him
Speedrunning is useful, otherwise games take too long, and then you can get ancient debris and the game will take very long, and i like my 3 min games most!! But some 15-30 seconds to get some gear could still be a opinion!!

ElFlxen_

Oct 20, 2020
México
Pronouns
He/Him
I undestand your discontent, but I really like the fast games, they are differents ways to play and all are valid, you should to buy equipment in the first seconds and defend the egg.

Reactions: Loskol

dav7id2003

Mar 3, 2023
While I do prefer longer games adding a long grace period will do more harm then good in my opinion. Like said above it should take a player about 15-30 seconds to get blocks and gear enough to the point of if there egg gets broken they have a chance to fight back. Anything after that is excessive.

Personally I memorize the amount of iron i need for my starting gear and practiced my menu to the point where favorites is slower to me. So I may be on the faster side but I'll usually be ready for a rusher by the time they start bridging to me

Now I may be biased because of this but in my opinion just like most competitive games the only way to get better at them is to go against players that are better then you. Learn through experience and observation and be sure to practice the skills you observe. It is how I got to the skill I'm at (no where near the best but I'd say I'm pretty competent) and how I teach my friends who just started playing

Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #47-
There are approximately 6,500 languages in the world (not counting the ancient languages, only the languages that are used recently)!
Mintypie231 wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!
good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom