Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Eggs break automatically after a given time?

• Yes, in all games

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Add it as a vote option

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I don't support this suggestion. I fully understand the dislike of unnecessarily long games, but we should not force the game to only be played in one way. Not everyone wants to be rushing, and so many of the maps already push this style of playing on everyone. There needs to be some diversity in playstyle. This also removes and removes the reward of keeping your egg alive all game. I could be facing a team of campers who already had their egg destroyed, while I kept my egg alive. Now my egg has a limited life span and I will be effectively punished for the other team camping.

If this were to be implemented, I think it would potentially increase the camping problem. Players will now know that all the eggs will be broken at a certain time, and will choose to prepare for that by camping diamond gens instead of going out and breaking eggs themselves.On a certain other server that has this feature already implemented, I see this playstyle quite often and use that line of thinking myself. "Why would I go out and break the bed when I can just gear up more and attack once it has automatically broken". You also have to consider different maps. Not every map has the same play length. A game of city will not last as long as a game of teaparty on average. You could have custom times for each map, but what are you basing those times off of? The average length of a rusher's game or a game with average players? Again, this will be promoting one playstyle style over others; one that I already feel has been promoted too much.

As for the vote suggestion, I don't like the thought process of just sticking any idea to a voting system. You could add any suggestion to the game and just have it as a vote, but that would only clutter every menu and add more vote spam to the chat. Plus, this increases the chances that people will quit the game if what they wanted is not voted. You see this when people vote hardcore or op triple. Entire teams leave the game (which is really funny, but not something you really want in a game).

I think we can find better solutions to deal with campers rather than placing limits on game time.

Reactions: N00bYeeter

Nqouir

Apr 10, 2019
Morocco
THen they will have to remove the blocks too? WHat's the point, They can just bring obsidian back It will be like block wars. xD

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Suggestion for Egg Wars.
Listed for Java as I don't have much experience in the way games go on Bedrock.

Egg Timer suggestion (excuse the pun)

As anyone who has ever played Tea Party, Aztec, Space or most notoriously, Under Da Sea. You will know camping is a massive problem to Egg Wars.
Put aside the comments about toxic players, bow spammers, OP games with 5+ layers of obsidian. There have been many good suggestions to reduce camping in Egg Wars. (Getting rid of bows, not a good idea. Making the gold gen on your island broken to begin with, is a good idea however, but this is a whole different discussion).

Eggs should break automatically after a given time, I would suggest 30 - 45 minutes. However, there is an achievement for keeping your egg alive for 45 minutes, so I presume the latter would be prefered.

Not only will this reduce camping beyond 45 minutes as you will no longer require an enderpearl to get to the island, 8 blocks of obsidian to cage yourself in and a 40 diamond pickaxe to even stand a chance (say 104 diamonds a go), but it will also provide an inventive for people to break eggs earlier in the game.

I feel like this will be a well received suggestion which would really encourage more positive approaches to the game and make some players reconsider the way they play.

Egg Wars matches should not consist of 1+ hours of camping, sitting on diamond generators and Punch bowing enemies off bridges.

Please provide any feedback in the comments, I would love to see what other players think about this.

[Edit 1] As suggested by @Passer , players should have plenty of warning of when eggs will break.

Sometimes I enjoy those long games because they are keeping the tension in it but I can get into your problem, bowspammers camping on their island with punch bows can be very annoying and will take away the fun. So I agree with this but I don't think the eggbreak timer will push players to stop camping.. When your egg is broken you try to stay alive as long as possible because you want to win the game. It is a yes for me tho.

TerrorNotMe

Apr 19, 2020
I like the idea of the 30 - 45 min timer on the eggs, it is like a sudden death round then what you are playing.
Not a bad idea at all, and I have seen some of the threads about egg wars but I like this more.

Like camping in the games is not fun, and like most of the rankers vote Overpowered in the games.
Sometimes playing normal is fun too!

Hope your idea gets edit into the server!

This could be usefull but also a problem because as we know people do die on accident or due to bugs if the eggs got destroyed lets say after 20 min they could accidentally die when all they did was misplace a block
solution: If this did exist it should be something that you can vote on as a side thing to OP, Normal and HC then this could make it so that people are more prepared for it

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Tommy Boi wrote on Catss's profile.
Thank you for everything!
My branch box died so needed to buy another one haha. Before that, I told my mother that something special would happen but I didn't know what then I walked to my room to work on projects. Then everything connected to it died so I went to the store and bought it xD (also fire alarms and some other things.) (I think rendering videos starting to take a toll on my PC) Have a good rest of your day!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Typicaaal's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
1715706975280.png

Almost 2 years since I stopped uploading and my videos are still bringing in good views, I am actually verry surprised and enraptured by this, so thanks to the people who are still watching my videos.
Reesle wrote on Typicaaal's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Top Bottom