Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
K7cjKZ5.png

By Axyy.

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a wonderful day. Today I am posting a suggestion about the current state of Duels, things that can be improved, new features and more.

Currently, Duels can be improved a lot, it’s fun to play but with new additions it can even be more fun. Also, there are a few problems which I had while playing Duels.

GENERATING TERRAIN
When joining a Duel, a lot of the times it takes forever to load in a map. You can literally see the blocks spawning in layer before layer.

I suggest to completely revamp the current way of loading in maps, it just takes too long, even if takes around 10 seconds to load in a map, it’s still too long.

HIT DETECTION
A lot of the times the hit detection is just not good, sometimes I can’t even hit my opponent.

I really don’t know how to fix this, but I’m sure CubeCraft could find a way to improve the hit detection!

SERVER LAG
I’ve experienced server lag a lot during duels, sometimes the server even crashes. This could be the cause of the hit detection as well.

Anyways, I would love to play on duels servers with no lag at all, maybe a solution is the give more RAM to these servers?

RANKED
I’m a big fan of ranked games, like I really love the competitive side of it. Most practice/duels servers support a ranked system, it would definitely attract more players to the PVP section.

How would ranked work?
Basically everyone starts with 1000 ELO, when you win a match you gain ELO and when you lose a match you drop ELO.

Before you can play ranked, you will have to win at least 25 normal duel matches.

ELO will reset every 1 or 2 months!
Players in the top 3 will receive multipliers, a rank upgrade, cubelets or any other in-game cosmetic.

NEW DUELS MODES
Currently, duels is PVP based only, but why not add more modes, such as 1v1 SkyWars, or a little 1v1 of MinerWare with 5 minigames and 1 bossgame maybe.

If this gets implemented, I will be on Duels everyday.

QUEUE
Currently you can’t see how many players are queued up for a certain kit.

I suggest to add the possibility to see how many players are in-game and queued up for all kits!

1.8 PVP
A lot of big practice/duel server support 1.8 clients! While FFA, SkyWars, EggWars and Lucky Islands already support this, why not Duels?

I believe adding this would bring a lot more players to Duels, including myself since I really prefer 1,8 pvp above 1.9+.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, I really hope you like all of the suggestions! ;)

NOTE: I am not adding a poll this time, this thread includes multiple suggestions so I think it's better to just post a comment with your opinion about this.

Axyy.

Nqouir

Apr 10, 2019
Morocco
I Agree with everything you said, Thanks for taking your time making this thread, I like it! +1

Reactions: Axyy

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Nice idea axyy, I completely agree about the ranked thing but overall it's a good thread. I don't really agree about the 1v1 skywars part, this will be a private match when you play with friends and from other threads I've seen they don't want any private matches.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Another nice suggestion! And as last time I'll be going over every single thing, if you don't mind (If you're reading this I've already done it so you don't really have a say in it :p).
GENERATING TERRAIN
When joining a Duel, a lot of the times it takes forever to load in a map. You can literally see the blocks spawning in layer before layer.
I suggest to completely revamp the current way of loading in maps, it just takes too long, even if takes around 10 seconds to load in a map, it’s still too long.
Not much to say about this, is there. Yes! I have never seen an Eggwars map load so duel shouldn't either.

HIT DETECTION
A lot of the times the hit detection is just not good, sometimes I can’t even hit my opponent.
I really don’t know how to fix this, but I’m sure CubeCraft could find a way to improve the hit detection!
I don't know exactly why it happens but I do know how to fix it in an instant, just switch hotbar slot for a moment and it should be fixed! This happens in all gamesmodes (I have had it in Eggwars, Skywars, duel, Skyblock). I'm not even sure if this is CubeCraft's fault, but if it is. I'd like to see it resolved. But for the moment switching your hotbar slot a seconds isn't too bad.

SERVER LAG
I’ve experienced server lag a lot during duels, sometimes the server even crashes. This could be the cause of the hit detection as well.
Any ways

, I would love to play on duels servers with no lag at all, maybe a solution is the give more RAM to these servers?
To be fair, lately there has been a lot of lag, everywhere. So I'm not sure if it's a solution to just give them more RAM. On top of that, in a news post they said that they'd bought everything from their server provider so...

RANKED
I’m a big fan of ranked games, like I really love the competitive side of it. Most practice/duels servers support a ranked system, it would definitely attract more players to the PVP section.
I'm not a fan of ranked but since it is called duels and always a 1v1. I'm willing to give it another though. If normal duel stay!

Basically everyone starts with 1000 ELO, when you win a match you gain ELO and when you lose a match you drop ELO.
Before you can play ranked, you will have to win at least 25 normal duel matches.
This seems all really fine to me, very straight forward! I'm probably missing out on something but where does the name "ELO" come from?

Players in the top 3 will receive multipliers, a rank upgrade, Cubelets or any other in-game cosmetic.
No! Multipliers and rank upgrades are a big no from me! Multipliers would essentially be giving them free experience which I don't think should be a thing. And rank upgrades, no! I don't think you should be able to win any form of paid something from a game. Cubelets is different since you can get them by playing but you never get the message, Congratulation your rank has just been upgraded! Cosmetics for in the lobby, point and Cubelets seem a way better reward for me!

Overall I think I might like ranked duels!

NEW DUELS MODES
Currently, duels is PVP based only, but why not add more modes, such as 1v1 SkyWars, or a little 1v1 of MinerWare with 5 minigames and 1 bossgame maybe.

I don't think this would fir in duels and is more something from your other suggestion (i.e. private games)

QUEUE
I suggest to add the possibility to see how many players are in-game and queued up for all kits!
Yes!

1.8 PVP
A lot of big practice/duel server support 1.8 clients! While FFA, SkyWars, EggWars and Lucky Islands already support this, why not Duels?
I believe adding this would bring a lot more players to Duels, including myself since I really prefer 1,8 pvp above 1.9+.
I don't play 1.8 PVP very often but sure, seems only obvious.

My critic/opinion here is more positive than last time! And I really like most of it. And again thank you for making the suggestion so clear sighted!

~Fesa

Reactions: Axyy and ShinyArrow

Diav

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2020
Venice
I play duels a lot and everyday, I rarely have lag there, but when it happens most of the time it’s just the whole server lagging and it happens in every gamemode. About the hit detection thing I don’t know what you mean, every hit I do feels right to me.

I don’t know how I feel about the ranked thing, I probably wouldn’t mind if it gets added or not.

The thing I agree with is that they need a better maps loader even though I have no idea how it works.

Georgesatchy

Apr 3, 2020
United Kingdom
I'm not sure about the 1.8 PvP idea, as CubeCraft is the one good server left out there that is focused on 1.9 PvP which I really enjoy. I am worried that this may get quite toxic, and CubeCraft is designed to be a quite layed-back server. But other than those two criticisms I really like all your ideas :)

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
I'm not sure about the 1.8 PvP idea, as CubeCraft is the one good server left out there that is focused on 1.9 PvP which I really enjoy. I am worried that this may get quite toxic, and CubeCraft is designed to be a quite layed-back server. But other than those two criticisms I really like all your ideas :)
FFA is already on both 1.9 and 1.8, and yes the community there is pretty toxic however if we already have FFA 1.8 PVP why no duels? :)

Reactions: juqn and Alexp192

bodhi_rg

May 25, 2020
The Netherlands
I would also love to see this in cubecraft though I fear having a ranked game would increase more hackers.. ranked skywars has the most hackers on hypixel (because it's ranked and rewards) so its a yes for me but also a no because of the increase of hackers (maybe)

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
I would also love to see this in cubecraft though I fear having a ranked game would increase more hackers.. ranked skywars has the most hackers on hypixel (because it's ranked and rewards) so its a yes for me but also a no because of the increase of hackers (maybe)

I get your hacker concern, but hackers mostly get banned by reports so they got nothing to win. If they will play ranked they will do it to troll people and not to actually win. Maybe cube can add a future that only people from a specific level are allowed to take part of ranked duels so the amount of hackers on alts will decrease?

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net

This would probably scare a lot of hackers away

Reactions: Lozora

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
K7cjKZ5.png

By Axyy.

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a wonderful day. Today I am posting a suggestion about the current state of Duels, things that can be improved, new features and more.

Currently, Duels can be improved a lot, it’s fun to play but with new additions it can even be more fun. Also, there are a few problems which I had while playing Duels.

GENERATING TERRAIN

HIT DETECTION

SERVER LAG

Anyways, I would love to play on duels servers with no lag at all, maybe a solution is the give more RAM to these servers?

RANKED

How would ranked work?

Players in the top 3 will receive multipliers, a rank upgrade, cubelets or any other in-game cosmetic.

NEW DUELS MODES

If this gets implemented, I will be on Duels everyday.

QUEUE

1.8 PVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, I really hope you like all of the suggestions! ;)

NOTE: I am not adding a poll this time, this thread includes multiple suggestions so I think it's better to just post a comment with your opinion about this.

Axyy.
1,000,000% agree with everything here. I have one thing to add. There needs to an OP Eggwars Kit. Right now, there is a normal items eggwars kit. But lets be honest. It doesnt help, because normal items is never selected.
Heres what the kit should include -
Full iron, Prot 4
Diamond Sword, Sharp 2
24 Steak
6 Gaps
3 Stacks of blocks

I also think the timer should be raised to 10-15 min

Also, there should be new maps, which could be an eggwars island, or a portion of eggwars mid. I play duels to get better at pvp, to get better at eggwars. Having kits and maps that made it feel like eggwars would be really nice.

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
1,000,000% agree with everything here. I have one thing to add. There needs to an OP Eggwars Kit. Right now, there is a normal items eggwars kit. But lets be honest. It doesnt help, because normal items is never selected.
Heres what the kit should include -
Full iron, Prot 4
Diamond Sword, Sharp 2
24 Steak
6 Gaps
3 Stacks of blocks

I also think the timer should be raised to 10-15 min

Also, there should be new maps, which could be an eggwars island, or a portion of eggwars mid. I play duels to get better at pvp, to get better at eggwars. Having kits and maps that made it feel like eggwars would be really nice.
Yes, certain game modes in duels would be cool!

Reactions: Lozora

Aspect_Unity

Feb 9, 2020
i love the suggestions especially the Ranked and new gamemodes but i would add a 1v1 Eggwars too that a +1 from me

JvwerMcGames

Jan 12, 2016
The Netherlands
I really like the ranked suggestion! The rewards however should only be points, cubelets or maybe a special lobby item only for the top 3.
Also I would love to see duel mode for other games!

This is a really good thread with great ideas to make duels more fun! Awesome work Axyy! :)

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
I really like the ranked suggestion! The rewards however should only be points, cubelets or maybe a special lobby item only for the top 3.
Also I would love to see duel mode for other games!

This is a really good thread with great ideas to make duels more fun! Awesome work Axyy! :)
Thank you! c:

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom