Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 169486

Hello! Before Cubecraft dropped teamspeak we had a music channel. I believe that another music channel should be made in discord. Now, I know cubecraft has an online music thing, however I think it will be easier to have it in discord as it's a program lots of people already have and know how to use.

I made another thread on this about users being able to suggest music, however, people thought that spam would be a big issue, so, what about say people suggesting music on the forums/discord, and then staff listening to it and making sure it's alright, then setting it up to one. Another voice channel could be added that the music bot would stay in and people could listen as they wish.

An easy bot to setup is Rythm. It allows you to use music from both youtube and soundcloud. It is possible to repeat the queue, so they can add songs as people suggest them and leave it to run on it's own.

EDIT: To make it very clear, not every player would be able to add music. A submission form or separate text channel would be setup, allowing players to suggest music and a DJ/Trusted member could listen to it and make sure it's appropriate before adding it to the rotation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 1, 2017
Any Place That Has Wifi
Hello! Before Cubecraft dropped teamspeak we had a music channel. I believe that another music channel should be made in discord. Now, I know cubecraft has an online music thing, however I think it will be easier to have it in discord as it's a program lots of people already have and know how to use.

I made another thread on this about users being able to suggest music, however, people thought that spam would be a big issue, so, what about say people suggesting music on the forums/discord, and then staff listening to it and making sure it's alright, then setting it up to one. Another voice channel could be added that the music bot would stay in and people could listen as they wish.

An easy bot to setup is Rythm. It allows you to use music from both youtube and soundcloud. It is possible to repeat the queue, so they can add songs as people suggest them and leave it to run on it's own.
OMG YES I LOVE RYTHM

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
Yes it would be Nice to have some music When you are in a call with someone, but you also can turn music on from YouTube or your playlist (YouTube has advertisements so I don't suggest you to use That)

Anyway I agree with it.

Reactions: Twania
D

Deleted member 169486

Yes it would be Nice to have some music When you are in a call with someone, but you also can turn music on from YouTube or your playlist (YouTube has advertisements so I don't suggest you to use That)

Anyway I agree with it.
Youtube ads are not there when you use this. And with this you and your friend can both be listening to the same song.

Kwismas

Sep 11, 2017
Sweden
I would really like to have this a thing, Sure it might be used in a wrong way but isn't that why we have the staff for? :)

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
I guess this is a good idea. Though, I think this would also promote spam towards the staff with countless amount of people trying to ask for song suggestions. Examples, pointless threads asking for a certain song, or private messages for staff for more song requests. Maybe it would be possible to set up a temporary discord group that only is for song suggestions, before the staff can listen to them and choose. This would also take a lot of time, but I do think it's a good idea. Or, you know, you can just look up songs on YouTube? XD Just saying. Though, +1 from me! :P

D

Deleted member 169486

I guess this is a good idea. Though, I think this would also promote spam towards the staff with countless amount of people trying to ask for song suggestions. Examples, pointless threads asking for a certain song, or private messages for staff for more song requests. Maybe it would be possible to set up a temporary discord group that only is for song suggestions, before the staff can listen to them and choose. This would also take a lot of time, but I do think it's a good idea. Or, you know, you can just look up songs on YouTube? XD Just saying. Though, +1 from me! :p
Another text channel or maybe a submission form would work nicely.

Reactions: CyberAutumn

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
Yes, I totally agree. This would decrease the amount of spam, and it would be organized for the staff to see. I still am a little concerned with the time it might take, though, since the staff are also working on improvements for the server and updates. But otherwise, great idea.

someone1234567890

May 6, 2016

It would be cool!!

Reactions: Kwismas
D

Deleted member 169486

You do realise that you can use bots to automatically pull music from YouTube and play it? For example, you could do !play [song] and it would play.
This is what the bot is, however having everyone be able to play music could create spam of non-music and bad music. What I meant by a submission for was you could submit a song and if it's appropriate and everything then staff can add it to the queue and just leave that on repeat.

Kwismas

Sep 11, 2017
Sweden
This is what the bot is, however having everyone be able to play music could create spam of non-music and bad music. What I meant by a submission for was you could submit a song and if it's appropriate and everything then staff can add it to the queue and just leave that on repeat.
Well everyone has different taste in music. There will always be people that think a song is bad. Nothing is perfect. But yeah I like the idea but the list will be way too big probably.

D

Deleted member 169486

Well everyone has different taste in music. There will always be people that think a song is bad. Nothing is perfect. But yeah I like the idea but the list will be way too big probably.
You mean the suggestions list would be to big? Or the queue?

Jackelele

Apr 14, 2017
United Kingdom
jackelele.co.uk

I don't think that's possible with a bot, but with the one I currently have worked on - a playlist could be created through the (playlist file). Which could be maybe something done by people submitting it. However, if we were to add Rhythm Or Dyno bot, I could think of at least several issues including spam, racist, swearing in songs - never mine the LOUD sounds trolls will play, It would promote trolling. Therefore I highly doubt this being accepted or added.

Also as said above by @TeovoTeovo We have a dubtack, myself and him use it time-to-time with a few other people. That's also easy to use.

Reactions: TeoVolcano
D

Deleted member 169486

I don't think that's possible with a bot, but with the one I currently have worked on - a playlist could be created through the (playlist file). Which could be maybe something done by people submitting it. However, if we were to add Rhythm Or Dyno bot, I could think of at least several issues including spam, racist, swearing in songs - never mine the LOUD sounds trolls will play, It would promote trolling. Therefore I highly doubt this being accepted or added.

Also as said above by @TeovoTeovo We have a dubtack, myself and him use it time-to-time with a few other people. That's also easy to use.
That's what I was talking about in the post. Lots of people already have discord, know how to use it, and it runs faster.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom