Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Nah ugh

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
Why should we remove chat filter from the IGNs?
- For example, my IGN: Spuuuuni. I would like to recieve that notification, but I don't recieve it. Why? Because chat filter does that my IGN looks like Spuuuni, with 3
Screenshot_3.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Okay, I don't have proofs right now but I will do that later.

Why should we remove chat filter from the IGNs?
- For example, my IGN: Spuuuuni. I would like to recieve that notification, but I don't recieve it. Why? Because chat filter does that my IGN looks like Spuuuni, with 3 'u', and I don't recieve the notification. Okay this is not a very good reason, I know.
- When I want to say something to a player with a name like jpoepe. Example: this video with teamers.
-Then there is another small reason. There is a player called RGB_XLARA (or something like this). When I type his name It looks like rgb_xlara.
Okay. I know it isn't a very big problem, but it would be better if we remove this.
I do agree that it should be highly altered or removed because I dont enjoy trying to say a player’s name and the chat not allowing it. I do use the chat filter to my advantage and find if a username is bad but I dont use it all the time.
+1

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
I agree. English letters, numbers, and the underscore should have their "spam limit" set to 16.

In other words, you can type those characters up to 16 times in a row before it gets cut off, unlike other characters which get cut of at 3.

At least it's not like those times when people who have "creeper" in their name will have their names blocked by the filter.

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
I'm kind of 50/50 on this one.

It'd be great to actually be able to type someone's name like it's supposed to, but how would you be able to actually determine whether said person is just yelling "WoWoWoWoWoWoW", or mentioning a player in the chat. Same goes with for example "YouAreEz" or those kind of toxicity encouraging names (Which I absolutely despise by the way). It might confuse people in to thinking you're actually saying this to the public, or that you're trying to offend them.

D

Deleted member 352903

I'm kind of 50/50 on this one.

It'd be great to actually be able to type someone's name like it's supposed to, but how would you be able to actually determine whether said person is just yelling "WoWoWoWoWoWoW", or mentioning a player in the chat. Same goes with for example "YouAreEz" or those kind of toxicity encouraging names (Which I absolutely despise by the way). It might confuse people in to thinking you're actually saying this to the public, or that you're trying to offend them.
I also don’t like names like YouAreEz but I believe that we should be able to call this people with his name. Because if I want to call YouAreEz I have to say things like YouAreEhz or YouAreIzhi.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, means a lot! :D
LoveAndMafia wrote on Begijntje's profile.
happy birthday to the best wave buddy i could ever have, love u bro, ur incredible
Eli wrote on Begijntje's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Eli wrote on Critly's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Reesle wrote on tertato245's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom