Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this change be made to Cubecraft's website?

• Yes! There is no reason not to add it, it will be so much better :)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • No, sorry but I am going to have to disagree

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I think long-time members or members who make good threads should be able to do this, thus the reason why I said it will only be unlocked for members with 113 trophy points.
Why..? This feels like such an unnecessary restriction. Plus, it's not a very good "reward" for dedication on the website, either. I'd much prefer to see my spam cool-down timer reduced/lifted than being trusted enough to post three extra links beneath every post that I make.

If they do decide to update the forums in any way, I do not want said update to be wasted on allowing people to put more links to already obvious locations in their signatures in hopes that staff see how "helpful" they are. I'd rather something more impactful, such as bug fixes, new locations, website leaderboards, etc.

ThePlanetBart

Jul 6, 2016
Why exactly 113, cause you are only 20 away then? why not just 100 so its closer to you? Cause you dont want it to look obvious

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Why..? This feels like such an unnecessary restriction. Plus, it's not a very good "reward" for dedication on the website, either. I'd much prefer to see my spam cool-down timer reduced/lifted than being trusted enough to post three extra links beneath every post that I make.

If they do decide to update the forums in any way, I do not want said update to be wasted on allowing people to put more links to already obvious locations in their signatures in hopes that staff see how "helpful" they are. I'd rather something more impactful, such as bug fixes, new locations, website leaderboards, etc.

Keep in mind, they do not have to restrict an update to only 1 change. A lot of people are reading the intentions of this thread incorrectly. I know of friends who wanted to put their twitter, youtube twitch there and other friends wanted to place their own set of links there. I am not saying that it should be made JUST so that people can post links to obvious locations but to other locations as well. Also if there is the problem of Wannabe's then why are there links in the first place? In my opinion, there is always 1 problem with everything and I think a wannabe is not a problem as he/she is not causing any problems for the community.

Why exactly 113, cause you are only 20 away then? why not just 100 so its closer to you? Cause you dont want it to look obvious

I chose 113 because the max amount of trophy points you can get is 113. You are unable to get just 100 trophy points. And no, I am doing the 113 trophy point restriction so that it will stop new members from spamming links in their signature and long time members who have 500+ likes and 1000+ messages. :)

We already know most of the members will use this to increase their chances being accepted as Helper.
#fever

I mean, we know what kind of people agree with that.

One thing wannabes forget: Being sociable and not only appearing when someone needs help.
That could be the reason why they got denied ;)

Funnily enough, this will not increase their chances of becoming a helper though. I see no problem in letting wannabes do their thing. If they wanna post helpful stuff. As far as I can see this thread is getting negative feedback because of something that is not even a problem. Wannabe's do not cause a problem for cubecraft. This thread is also not for other people that would like to post their own links there, Everybody is only limiting it to posting links about cubecraft.

They are staff members. They are supposed to help. They're not staff wannabes because they are already staff members...

With that logic then why are the staff members posting links in their signature to the appeal/reports website etc, Everybody is saying it is useless to do so for a normal member because it is on top. Does that mean it is useless for a staff member as well because they are doing it too? It is not useless because it has the chance to help someone hence why some people wanna place it there. Your reasons for not agreeing to this thread are because of wannabe's even though they do not cause any problems to the community. I do not think that having links to cubecraft threads or important places like the reports site in the signature is going to destroy the forums.

I highly suggest everybody rethink their decision, in my opinion, if a wannabe is to have links to "Obvious places" it would not be the end of the forums or would not destroy it, it might even help someone. Please also think of where this can be useful, for example having links to multiple places other than cubecraft, If you are a youtuber you can have links to youtube or twitter. The same goes for a twitch streamer, he can have links to his twitch. youtube and twitter. These are all just examples.

Here is another example of this being useful
Capture.JPG

Reactions: TheWeddingBell
Sep 17, 2017
Keep in mind, they do not have to restrict an update to only 1 change. A lot of people are reading the intentions of this thread incorrectly. I know of friends who wanted to put their twitter, youtube twitch there and other friends wanted to place their own set of links there. I am not saying that it should be made JUST so that people can post links to obvious locations but to other locations as well. Also if there is the problem of Wannabe's then why are there links in the first place? In my opinion, there is always 1 problem with everything and I think a wannabe is not a problem as he/she is not causing any problems for the community.

I chose 113 because the max amount of trophy points you can get is 113. You are unable to get just 100 trophy points. And no, I am doing the 113 trophy point restriction so that it will stop new members from spamming links in their signature and long time members who have 500+ likes and 1000+ messages. :)

Funnily enough, this will not increase their chances of becoming a helper though. I see no problem in letting wannabes do their thing. If they wanna post helpful stuff. As far as I can see this thread is getting negative feedback because of something that is not even a problem. Wannabe's do not cause a problem for cubecraft. This thread is also not for other people that would like to post their own links there, Everybody is only limiting it to posting links about cubecraft.

With that logic then why are the staff members posting links in their signature to the appeal/reports website etc, Everybody is saying it is useless to do so for a normal member because it is on top. Does that mean it is useless for a staff member as well because they are doing it too? It is not useless because it has the chance to help someone hence why some people wanna place it there. Your reasons for not agreeing to this thread are because of wannabe's even though they do not cause any problems to the community. I do not think that having links to cubecraft threads or important places like the reports site in the signature is going to destroy the forums.

I highly suggest everybody rethink their decision, in my opinion, if a wannabe is to have links to "Obvious places" it would not be the end of the forums or would not destroy it, it might even help someone. Please also think of where this can be useful, for example having links to multiple places other than cubecraft, If you are a youtuber you can have links to youtube or twitter. The same goes for a twitch streamer, he can have links to his twitch. youtube and twitter. These are all just examples.

Here is another example of this being useful
View attachment 138238

Stand up for yourself. You deserve Helper and you are not a wannabe at all! Good luck with your Helper application and I look forward to seeing you take down your haters.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Stand up for yourself. You deserve Helper and you are not a wannabe at all! Good luck with your Helper application and I look forward to seeing you take down your haters.
I do not have haters, It is just people with their own opinions that I respect :). Also, I do not care if I am called a wannabe by anyone, I know that doing things that seem like wannabe is not going to increase my chances, For some reason people think if someone tries to help in any way or form they are a wannabe which is just weird for me. Anyways, thankyou and have a good day :)

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Keep in mind, they do not have to restrict an update to only 1 change
I know, but forums updates come around very rarely, and usually aren't big. For example, we've had two new emojis in one update, new sections in another update, the removal of images in signatures, 2FA, name changing, etc. I'd rather see something that's beneficial to everybody and actually adds to the website itself, such as the aforementioned changes, rather than adding something that only 1% of the active player-base are going to use.

Reactions: Despacito 2

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I know, but forums updates come around very rarely, and usually aren't big. For example, we've had two new emojis in one update, new sections in another update, the removal of images in signatures, 2FA, name changing, etc. I'd rather see something that's beneficial to everybody and actually adds to the website itself, such as the aforementioned changes, rather than adding something that only 1% of the active player-base are going to use.
Keep in mind that updates are not sent out to the website on how big or small it is. It is sent out whether they are ready for it or not and are sure it works. In my opinion, a lot of players asked for the integration of stats on the website and that will be near the top of their list for website updates. Voting yes on this won't change that update for coming later. When it is ready and set up on the Minecraft side and the website side, They will add it. :)

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
this will not increase their chances of becoming a helper though.
It will, you know how and why (so do we).
I'm not against you but...
I'll give you an example: you.
You're suggesting this idea to be added because it will help you to get Helper as you've made some docs in which you "wrote helpful things" for -new- members.
What I mean is you're suggesting this just for your own benefit (my quote ^) and then you're disguising it as a good thing for everyone on the forum (it's a good thing, I have to accept it).
Now, I'm not saying wannabeing or helping people is bad if that's what people understand by my message.

As far as I can see this thread is getting negative feedback because of something that is not even a problem.
Many threads got negative feedback for something which was not a problem.

Wannabe's do not cause a problem for cubecraft.
Some of them do, or did at least. Not for CubeCraft itself, but for the community on the forums.

This thread is also not for other people that would like to post their own links there, Everybody is only limiting it to posting links about cubecraft.
Alright
this will increase their chances of becoming a helper
^
They will exploit it

My last opinion: People who want to be Helper shouldn't be only interested for the rank or fame/popularity (99% of them), but for keeping the community as it should be, as an example for other servers, that's how Drama will be prevented in the Staff team and wannabes forget that.
If something is done/posted, it should be with a good purpose.

Okay, I went out of context.

I am doing the 113 trophy point restriction so that it will stop new members from spamming links in their signature and long time members who have 500+ likes and 1000+ messages. :)
So this will encourage people to farm messages and beg for likes :)

I see no problem in letting wannabes do their thing. If they wanna post helpful stuff.
I don't either.

Reactions: Cyqni

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
the removal of images in signatures,
I would like to see this feature make a return in the future. One big update with Linking Accounts and possibly other cool foruns features would definitely be cool.

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
It will, you know how and why (so do we).
I'm not against you but...
I'll give you an example: you.
You're suggesting this idea to be added because it will help you to get Helper as you've made some docs in which you "wrote helpful things" for -new- members.
What I mean is you're suggesting this just for your own benefit (my quote ^) and then you're disguising it as a good thing for everyone on the forum (it's a good thing, I have to accept it).
Now, I'm not saying wannabeing or helping people is bad if that's what people understand by my message.

Many threads got negative feedback for something which was not a problem.

Some of them do, or did at least. Not for CubeCraft itself, but for the community on the forums.

Alright

^
They will exploit it

My last opinion: People who want to be Helper shouldn't be only interested for the rank or fame/popularity (99% of them), but for keeping the community as it should be, as an example for other servers, that's how Drama will be prevented in the Staff team and wannabes forget that.
If something is done/posted, it should be with a good purpose.

Okay, I went out of context.

So this will encourage people to farm messages and beg for likes :)

I don't either.
Is it rude to clap at this post?
Thanks for explaining what everybody thinks in a calm and not offensive way. Thanks a lot.

Reactions: Jeff_Bllkth

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I would like to see this feature make a return in the future. One big update with Linking Accounts and possibly other cool foruns features would definitely be cool.
Same!! I can see why they did it, since people like myself had massive pictures in the signatures, but they could limit the size of them :3

Reactions: Despacito 2

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
For some reason people think if someone tries to help in any way or form they are a wannabe which is just weird for me.
No, we don't. Heck, even I help sometimes. What makes somebody be a wannabe is "helping" in situations where no help is needed. Example: This funny threads on the YouTube section, where somebody wants to show an epic fight with a hacker. The first comment you see is: "Report hackers here"...
Like, did OP say he wanted to report the thacker? Did OP ask for help? Nope, but wannabes want to be wannabes, and reply "just in case".
Another example:
A well known member posts that he's been banned by the anticheat on his profile. The first comment will be a wannabe saying that he should appeal and contact crazyman. They somehow don't think that this person that has been here for 1,5 year longer than the wannabe already knows what to do...

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Because it's 100% unnecessary:
View attachment 138200 View attachment 138202

And to apply for helper, your account must be 3 months old. I hope after 3 months of nolifing you know where to find the apply thread...
Putting links in a signature only shows you are desperate to help because you want to get helper rank.
Guy... @Jackxist doesn't say he is a helper wannabe....
Why do you say that!?
Only because his example is made on a staff members profile!?
I don't get your point!

Reactions: Jackxist
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Top Bottom