Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
There are usually other reasons why we don't want to implement them immediately.
i know than the games dont was maded at the moment, i know than actualy the devs are working in something, but the May 18, 2018 at 10:59 AM was the last good update for me.
7 months is a lot of time
and the last java update except seasonal was the big change the Oct 2, 2018 at 1:00 PM
where is the rotation system? 1 month is a lot of time

this month you made 3 bedrock updates and one seasonal update :/

Reactions: God.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Bad treatment of suggestions, I've explained this many times before I would much rather see a discussion evolve around a suggestion organically without being influenced by a Management post.
Look at those polls, The decision of the playerbase themselves is more than obvious. Not wanting to intervene is therefore a completely baseless argument.

These arguments make me think you're not actually commenting to address the points raised here and trying to come up with solutions but more so to just come up with something to have an excuse to not do anything, whether that actually was your intention or not. Your history with other suggestion threads doesn't particularly help either.
Lack of Java updates, this I don't see as being a major issue. The main reason for this was that we have very clearly scaled back the very aggressive update schedule we had in 2017 because that update schedule has done more harm than good
This is not because you changed too much and went "too aggressive" on it, but because you did whatever you felt like without even listening to the playerbase or just outright ignoring them when they are against the changes made or proposed.
Lack of non-PvP games is a concern that has been raised in the office numerous times (I'm not a huge PvPer myself). Having a variety of games that can appeal to PvPers and non-PvPers alike is important and is something I'm very conscious of
Well then do something about it, it's not like there aren't any good ideas out there and it's not like you haven't had the time for it either.
Like /report pointing players to the reports site, this is only really useful if we have the tools available to deal with all those reports in a timely manner, I'd much rather get that tooling fixed before we increase the number of reports going through that system, it is no secret that appeals/reports aren't being handled as promptly as we'd like, let's fix that first.
So because staff is too slow with handling reports its better to limit the amount of reports coming in? Sorry but that's a really bad argument and I shouldn't have to explain why.

Anyway I doubt this comment will change your mind but nonetheless I shall post it, be it for the sake of maybe convincing someone else.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
A few dozen people voting on a forum poll really doesn't come close to being representative of what the entire community wants. I get that players might feel that our last update was a little heavy, I get that, but it doesn't change the fact that we had to make a drastic change even if that change would not be welcomed (we knew it wouldn't be welcomed but we still had to do it). It's very easy to assume that we have all the time in the world to just make things happen, this is often not the case and we are no longer in a position where our only concern is our Java network. My comment about reports not being handled promptly enough was more hinting at the tooling we use for this rather than the hard working moderators not doing enough (they are doing the best they can). Sometimes work needs to be put into systems that players don't see just to make the experience better for players in the long term and this kind of effort is often not very visible.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Not sure whether I missed this part or you added it later, I will reply to it anyway.
I know people claim suggestions to be 'easy', but let's get honest here. A small quality of life suggestions compared to a new game or new gamemode. That small quality of life suggestion takes lots less time.

Okay, maybe the small suggestions do take a lot of time. That would be even worse. As forementioned, lots of quality of life suggestions I see are already featured on Hy*****. Examples: Remember gadget, show recent loot, stay in the same lobby as you logged out, /rejoin (not a small suggestion), the ability to set your own inventory in duels. So it definitely is possible. If Cubecraft really doesn't have the developer time to implement these kind of suggestions, and other servers do have that time, then I won't complain a single second anymore. But I find that really hard to believe.

There definitely are suggestions that take a lot more time than expected. But not all. It's quite easy to blame all the ignored suggestion on the habit of people claiming stuff. Then this part:

There sometimes are other reasons. Can management PLEASE name these reasons (if possible of course). Your /report example:
I think your reasoning is fair and understandable. This explains why /report isn't gonna be implemented soon. But I looked through the suggestions and no staff even mentioned that! So we make a suggestions, get ignored, complain about it and then get the reason why. It's a good reason, why wasn't that said in the first place?

So some might take more time, some have hidden reasons, but not all. There definitely are small, supported, ignored, quality of life suggestions out there which don't take much time, nor have hidden reasons not to implemented.

I'd highly appreciate if you could do that to me as well. :)

@Quetzi do you mind replying to this comment? You might clear up some things I didn't know about.

D

Deleted member 352903

Lack of non-PvP games is a concern that has been raised in the office numerous times (I'm not a huge PvPer myself). Having a variety of games that can appeal to PvPers and non-PvPers alike is important and is something I'm very conscious of, however Arcade was pretty much empty for huge parts of the day despite how fun those games can be (I quite liked QuakeCraft) so which games we support is not a straightforward choice.
I suggested how to add nonPvP games and how to keep them alive (actually, @Elivat suggested it first). 0 staff members replied \o/
"Maybe we already discussed it". Well, can u then at least tell us u discussed it so we wont have to keep bumping threads unnecessarily? Thx

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
A few dozen people voting on a forum poll really doesn't come close to being representative of what the entire community wants.
If you want to know what want the comunity, ask them.
If we are not all the comunity, why you dont ask to all the comunity?
Use the updates book in the lobby and implement a vote option. :)
Lets see if a few dozen people voting in a forum is all the comunity :)

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
@Quetzi do you mind replying to this comment? You might clear up some things I didn't know about.

A lot of things go into the decision of how developers are assigned to their projects. A few QoL changes may seem like a simple thing to do, but if each one takes half a day to do it becomes hard to justify pulling a dev off of their project to get it implemented. Not least because, as easy as it sounds, even a small change requires that dev to make sure they understand all the code that could be impacted by their change before they make it. It is far more likely that the small things get rolled into a larger update where that part of the code is already being changed. If it is genuinely a small change then it might be that I look at it, however, I'm no developer and it would have to be an easy change for me to take it on (realistically this is usually spelling corrections etc :p)

Reactions: Shallidor

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
A lot of things go into the decision of how developers are assigned to their projects. A few QoL changes may seem like a simple thing to do, but if each one takes half a day to do it becomes hard to justify pulling a dev off of their project to get it implemented. Not least because, as easy as it sounds, even a small change requires that dev to make sure they understand all the code that could be impacted by their change before they make it. It is far more likely that the small things get rolled into a larger update where that part of the code is already being changed. If it is genuinely a small change then it might be that I look at it, however, I'm no developer and it would have to be an easy change for me to take it on (realistically this is usually spelling corrections etc :p)
Is posible get more developers? 1 or 2
Are you searching more developers or the server dont need more?

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
Bumping threads generally doesn't really serve much purpose. Adding new discussion points to an existing thread does though, it might prompt another user to respond with something new (and useful). While telling you that we've already discussed ideas may sound useful, it may mean that the really great idea you were going to write doesn't end up getting written because you think we've already written it off. This isn't what we want to happen at all, we want the input and the discussion so that we have as many tools at our disposal as possible to fix whichever problem it is that is being discussed.

D

Deleted member 352903

Bumping threads generally doesn't really serve much purpose. Adding new discussion points to an existing thread does though, it might prompt another user to respond with something new (and useful). While telling you that we've already discussed ideas may sound useful, it may mean that the really great idea you were going to write doesn't end up getting written because you think we've already written it off. This isn't what we want to happen at all, we want the input and the discussion so that we have as many tools at our disposal as possible to fix whichever problem it is that is being discussed.
... i'm not talking about how useful is bumping a thread...
I suggested how to add nonPvP games and how to keep them alive (actually, @Elivat suggested it first). 0 staff members replied \o/
can the staff team stop ignoring threads like this one? thx

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Basketman's profile.
happy birthday basketballman :333
BurgerCat13 wrote on Basketman's profile.
Happy cake day basketboy
Lyriie wrote on Basketman's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Basketman's profile.
Happy birthday my friend! cool age :P
UncleSpect wrote on Zathelas's profile.
Happy birthday yoshi!
Top Bottom