Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
I will not agree or disagree, but however, I'll have to tell this post a little bit like just informational. If you read the comments on the actual announcement then you'll notice people saying somewhat the same things you are.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Don't buy it if you don't want it.
The point of the thread wasn't to complain about why I wasn't buying it, it was to inform players why this rank's perks are next to worthless, so that they don't see the long list of nothingness and impulse purchase something that they'll later regret. Also, it's important to bring to light the devious nature of perks such as double jumping or cages, to pressure the management into giving us perks that are actually worth something. What good is being able to jump an extra block in lobbies, or getting a cage after three months? No good, at least not compared to the dozens of other perks they could've given us.

Reactions: Gatsbe

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Only good idea here: custom games
MUST be added, would be very fun for streamers to buy the rank and then get to play private games with people watching the stream (+also without stream sniping targetters)

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
Great post, Sophie!

First of all, the double vote function is terrible. Like a capitalist “rich elite” function, that states that everyone’s voice isn’t worth the same. That sends a terrible message! It’s an insult to those who have already payed MUCH money to get a high voting rank but won’t join plus.

The announcement function is as well seriously bad. It’s so desperately tryhard “see me, I am important” that it’s repulsing. I sure don’t want everyone to see me log on and off, and I don’t want my screen to be cluttered with stuff like that. So really, everyone gets spammed because of the Plus-people? I guess the plus-people won’t get that popular...

And then we have the cost. 13 GBP/month is a lot of money to pay each year. It’s basically paying for obsidian rank EVERY year. So in three years one should pay 468 GBP?!! Subscriptions are rarely good for the consumer. Imagine the costs for the families with several kids playing... UPDATE: just read that the cost is cut in half to 7 GBP. That’s better but it’s still a lot of money each year.

And the exclusive forum stuff and stream stuff is just as elite and creates divisions in Cubecraft’s own community. I generally feel that it’s unwise to piss off those who are most loyal and passionate about the server, - which often is the rank people. Leave people feeling overlooked, second class, non-VIP and they might very well feel betrayed and leave altogether. I believe the plus update is a slap in the face to those people.

I could go on.

This update is really worrisome and it makes me question this whole server and it’s future. To this point I have loved Cubecraft, but this places a big question mark around my relation to it, and that makes me sad.

And...it gets really confusing when you mix the rank system with the plus system. Many users will get confused, because...it is confusing. It’s quite hard to determine what to buy in order to get the value you want. Seems like Cubecraft want us to buy an expensive onetime rank, and then ALSO pay monthly.

My suggestions:
- seriously lower the price (cut it in half?)
- remove the double vote
- remove the announcements
- remove the forum exclusives or include most ranks as well.
- consider improving the rank system instead

One final thought. A problem with the subscription format is that it still ticks money even if you feel like taking a break from playing Minecraft or CC for 6 months. Feels burdensome to cancel and re-sub like that. But I guess that’s the point behind this move from CC: they know quite a few people will forget the subscription and continue to pay...

Kind regards,
Skyfire_swe

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Tfw a critical/hate thread about the new update gets 2,26x as many likes than the official announcement post... but the management still doesn't care at all.

gotta love it.
Relevant:
whyarewelosingplayers.png

ijustdontgetit.png

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
It would be interesting to know what group of people buy PLUS. Here on the forums it seems to be 90 % obsidian people that already are heavily invested in CC. In my opinion plus has most value for Stone-people, but I guess they are less represented here on the forums.

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
In my opinion plus has most value for Stone-people
Okay, but do remember that one of the (if not, most) valued perks is almost completely useless to stone ranks. They can double vote on some map votes in arcade, but they can't vote for anything else really.
I can totally see the party slots and friend slots being useful to them though.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Rip those who bought it already lol
Maybe a free month?
Still a scam tho ..
Players have been refunded with Cubelets as a result of the price reduction. :)

Personally, I believe that Plus has a lot of potential - subscription-based ranks have been suggested a lot during the time of the forums, and I believe that adding Plus could have more upsides instead of introducing a subscription-based rank that can be bought permanently such as Gold or Diamond. Plus adds an edge to the rank you already have, which is pretty cool and has multiple avenues which could be taken.

It will be hopefully be updated as much as possible to make the rank as worthwhile as it can be. The Plus Lounge is a place where you can communicate with staff and management alike to suggest avenues which you can take with Plus. Not saying that this thread will not be seen though (which it has been seen by management, by the way!), but you do have more direct contacts with them and fellow Plus members.

Although the perks at the moment may seem lacklustre, there will be more perks available later on in the time.

(I’ll properly dissect what you have suggested tomorrow morning once I am home, but thank you for the suggestion, Sophie! You have gone into a lot of detail which is appreciated massively. You are all heard! <3)

6qm_

Novice Member
May 7, 2017
New Jersey, USA
It’s 7 GBP which is $9.29 American dollars which I round up to $10. Some companies charge tax which I don’t know if CC does or not.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on Kloska's profile.
TimBDay.jpeg

Happy Bday Tim :)
Closing in on 30!
RobinDn wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Desiderata wrote on Hoshi's profile.
20240503_083859.jpg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Kloska's profile.
Grattis på födelsedagen!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Gefeliciteerd maatje! <3
Top Bottom