Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Zethox

Dec 3, 2016
The Netherlands
First of all, don’t tell me; “the devs do not have enough time for this”, I know they don’t, it’s just a suggestion and it would be nice if it got added.

Create a special Cubecraft mod that you can add with for example forge, this mod checks what mods you are using while playing on Cube and it can prove that you don’t hack.

If this will get added, when using the mod, the players will receive a special icon in front of their name/rank, this icon shows that they are legit.

Why?
-To prevent Sentinel from false banning.
-When being hackusated you have the prove (the icon in front of your name) that you’re not hacking.

If you have any questions/additions please let me know.

-Zethox

BuriitoS

Novice Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
Majority of people are banned "falsely" because of lag and poor internet connection
You can view the mods you are using by pressing ESC and going to "mods".
Showing people proof that you are not hacking because they are hackusating you is not needed. infact, you can just ignore them.
I'am not sure if I support this or not. CrazymanJr knows if you are using illegal modifications or not, so I'd say it is not needed

Reactions: Luzario

Zethox

Dec 3, 2016
The Netherlands
Majority of people are banned "falsely" because of lag and poor internet connection
You can view the mods you are using by pressing ESC and going to "mods".
Showing people proof that you are not hacking because they are hackusating you is not needed. infact, you can just ignore them.
I'am not sure if I support this or not. CrazymanJr knows if you are using illegal modifications or not, so I'd say it is not needed
If they would use the mod they wouldn’t be banned.
I know you can “view” the mods you are using, but that isn’t what I’m trying to explain here.
I do ignore hackusaters, but if they would see the ‘legit icon’, the toxicity in chat would be less.
Saying “Crazy knows if you’re hacking or not” is absolutely not true in my opinion.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I'm not in the mod / Forge community, nor do I know much about it, but I believe that if you have a mod that checks something clientside and displays something, it will only be viewed by someone who has the same mod. Similar to Optifine capes; you can only see it if you have Optifine.

However, I do not think that this is a good idea. Forcing someone to download something upon entry of the server is quite intruding and will definitely cut the playerbase as we do have a younger audience who will not download files when asked.
Furthermore, if it's not for the whole playerbase + if it's optional, what's the point? If you are using a client, simply don't install it and you'll be fine. There's no legitimate use / reasoning for it.
Ontop of that, there will definitely be bypasses for it, and as a result, deem the mod useless unless updated, where that time updating the modification could be used in making Sentinel a lot better.

Overall, I disagree with the idea. -1

Zethox

Dec 3, 2016
The Netherlands
I'm not in the mod / Forge community, nor do I know much about it, but I believe that if you have a mod that checks something clientside and displays something, it will only be viewed by someone who has the same mod. Similar to Optifine capes; you can only see it if you have Optifine.

However, I do not think that this is a good idea. Forcing someone to download something upon entry of the server is quite intruding and will definitely cut the playerbase as we do have a younger audience who will not download files when asked.
Furthermore, if it's not for the whole playerbase + if it's optional, what's the point? If you are using a client, simply don't install it and you'll be fine. There's no legitimate use / reasoning for it.
Ontop of that, there will definitely be bypasses for it, and as a result, deem the mod useless unless updated, where that time updating the modification could be used in making Sentinel a lot better.

Overall, I disagree with the idea. -1
They are not being forced to download it.
And the mod would be in connection with the server, it’s not necessary to download the mod.
For the rest; you’re right.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Simply said: Not everyone knows how to install mods, so this mod might give those, who were banned without using this mod, a bias view when appealing for a Sentinel ban. The current system is fine as it is, and this would overcomplicate what's in place & possibly even mess things up.
If this mod were proof of you not hacking, how would those that aren't using this mod be treated?
What if this mod's feature was taken & imported to clients & used as "proof" that someone wasn't hacking?
It's a very "finicky" project to attempt, and is better left undone simply because the majority of the players wouldn't be able to use it in the first place.

I believe that if you have a mod that checks something clientside and displays something, it will only be viewed by someone who has the same mod. Similar to Optifine capes; you can only see it if you have Optifine.
For the most part you're right, but recently there has been a few times where modificatiosn (for example) have gotten players banned from servers due to a blank line being given in chat (basically giving the server some data as it did that). I remember seeing a video on this not too long ago, and it seems pretty doable. I bet that it's possible, but still not very viable.
(coming from someone who's very into modding)

And the mod would be in connection with the server, it’s not necessary to download the mod.
What would be the purpose then? There's no way for a client to send information about the installed mods to the server without any specially made modifications. Else every anti-cheat would easily be able to ban every hacker upon login.

Reactions: Zethox

Kaden_d_bomb

Oct 22, 2017
i'm sorry i don't really like this idea. 1st of all it's the same as sentinel it may detect something false and then ban the person if they are lagy. 2nd they would have to code it there self that may take a few months even more. 3rd it would lag out the server adding the thing to ever players username. 4th people would have huge long names if you had a diamond rank and a long user name in tab it would be huge, and if you saw a person and they had maximum amount of characters for a name and then plus that thing it would be huge. overall its a no for me.

Sophiefan001

Oct 23, 2017
I don't think the suggestion is really needed because the devs can better spend their time making games.
Why?
If you are falsely banned by Sentinel just appeal with https://appeals.cubecraft.net/
Explain the what happened before you were banned in as much detail as possible.
If the appeal is denied you can contact still try to contact CrazymanJR on discord his username is CrazymanJr#4742
but please be patient he is a very busy man.

Zethox

Dec 3, 2016
The Netherlands
I don't think the suggestion is really needed because the devs can better spend their time making games.

If you are falsely banned by Sentinel just appeal with https://appeals.cubecraft.net/
Explain the what happened before you were banned in as much detail as possible.
If the appeal is denied you can contact still try to contact CrazymanJR on discord his username is CrazymanJr#4742
but please be patient he is a very busy man.
Why are you telling me this here I am not stupid

Reactions: OnePointEight.exe
D

Deleted member 156608

First of all, don’t tell me; “the devs do not have enough time for this”, I know they don’t, it’s just a suggestion and it would be nice if it got added.

Create a special Cubecraft mod that you can add with for example forge, this mod checks what mods you are using while playing on Cube and it can prove that you don’t hack.

If this will get added, when using the mod, the players will receive a special icon in front of their name/rank, this icon shows that they are legit.

Why?
-When being hackusated you have the prove (the icon in front of your name) that you’re not hacking.

-Zethox
Good ide

Buju

Feb 21, 2014

Why?

-Zethox
Although this would be a good idea, I reckon it would be very difficult to create. Part of the reason why that is is due to the fact that a lot of mod systems cannot be detected unless they spend months, perhaps even years developing it. Great idea though!

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

Why?

-Zethox
I like this idea, but if you’re hackusated players say “oh I have seen that client before, its a ghost client”. Players make ba excuses.

D

Deleted member 156608

If they would use the mod they wouldn’t be banned.
I know you can “view” the mods you are using, but that isn’t what I’m trying to explain here.
I do ignore hackusaters, but if they would see the ‘legit icon’, the toxicity in chat would be less.
Saying “Crazy knows if you’re hacking or not” is absolutely not true in my opinion.
* mod! I want to use my 1.8.9 pvp mods! Or no GO

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016

Why?

-Zethox
This will basically have to read your PC to see if you have illegal clients which I'm pretty sure is illegal so -1

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Badlion did something like this, they have their own version of 1.7.10 you can download and it puts a symbol next to your name whenever you chat. It a). Does not influence how you are banned b). Does not look into your mods/version folders. c). Is not mandatory. I wouldn't mind cube having a 1.10 variant of this as long as what I said above was true in this version too, since illegal modifications can implement this feature as well.
Really, you misspelled a word in a phrase with only 2... Half if your words are grammatically incorrect.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
This will basically have to read your PC to see if you have illegal clients which I'm pretty sure is illegal so -1
Nope. The mod, if installed, will send information to the server regarding your minecraft version. It's not the server going through your pc; it's the mod sending information about your version to the server.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
Top Bottom