Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
-Examples: KingMC, AndrewRG10, and HackersDontWin
Want a surprise? I'll PM you the details.
-You're right about that. Here's the catch when it comes to hackers though: No reports or observers watching them = no ban. For that reason, they're free to hack as much as they want until they're caught.
-Already answered as you said.
-True; I can't, but before reports became private, anyone could see that the reports were flooded with hacker reports. Per day, pages of new reports stacked on top of older ones.
-Banned, yes, but they come back and hack more.
-Point was that ban times are too short. Heck, look up a few hackers in game on appeals and some of them are either new or returning ones.
-I've read badlion appeals. Majority of them are long "apologies" and then they hack again.
- Idek the first two. They sound like generic duds. People change; that's the whole reason behind the 1 week ban thing.
- Yep.
- Yep.
- And again, half of them were either just screenshots or just usernames with a badly garbled description underneath. Staff have to sort through that crap too.
- How do you hack more? It's just... hacking. There's no superlative.
- And once they get perma-d, OOPS. Sorry.
- It's not like CC mods are the same. They trash them and MOVE ON.
I can't say I agree with the entire new system, but OMG stop bitching at the mods. They just follow directions.
uGh. w0w.

Reactions: Ping Ether

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
- Idek the first two. They sound like generic duds. People change; that's the whole reason behind the 1 week ban thing.
- Yep.
- Yep.
- And again, half of them were either just screenshots or just usernames with a badly garbled description underneath. Staff have to sort through that crap too.
- How do you hack more? It's just... hacking. There's no superlative.
- And once they get perma-d, OOPS. Sorry.
- It's not like CC mods are the same. They trash them and MOVE ON.
I can't say I agree with the entire new system, but OMG stop bitching at the mods. They just follow directions.
uGh. w0w.
-First two are former Mineplex staff on another server. While those examples don't apply to Cube, it's still an example of staff cheating on other/their servers.
-Explained
-Explained
-True.
-Basically, toggle more hacks or get more people to hack with you.
-Nope. Alts. Even though it'll earn the hacker another ban for ban evasion, alts will work temporarily.
-I'm not trying to discredit staff. They're great guys and they do their job, but things seem too lenient at the moment.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
-First two are former Mineplex staff on another server. While those examples don't apply to Cube, it's still an example of staff cheating on other/their servers.
-Explained
-Explained
-True.
-Basically, toggle more hacks or get more people to hack with you.
-Nope. Alts. Even though it'll earn the hacker another ban for ban evasion, alts will work temporarily.
-I'm not trying to discredit staff. They're great guys and they do their job, but things seem too lenient at the moment.
- Don't apply to Cube. Exactly like how the people over @ Badlion are just dumb accepting those appeals (I read a few too, they aren't even worth talking about).
- Yep
- Yep
- Yep
- Then just ban em' again. They'll run out of money eventually.
- Temporarily. Maybe (in a few decades, they'll get every hacker out of CC. That's sarcastic, but again, there's no way ANY server is going to be hacker free).
- ATM. They said themselves they're tweaking the ban times, they just have a lot of stuff to deal with.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
- Don't apply to Cube. Exactly like how the people over @ Badlion are just dumb accepting those appeals (I read a few too, they aren't even worth talking about).
- Then just ban em' again. They'll run out of money eventually.
- Temporarily. Maybe (in a few decades, they'll get every hacker out of CC. That's sarcastic, but again, there's no way ANY server is going to be hacker free).
- ATM. They said themselves they're tweaking the ban times, they just have a lot of stuff to deal with.
-Even if it doesn't, would anyone want to find a new staff member hack prior to his acceptance on other servers? Helper apps explicitly ask if the applicant has been punished on cube and implicitly ask if he/she was banned elsewhere. Same goes for other staff applications on other servers.
-xTurtle is an example of that. His income is more than enough for him to buy as many alts as he wants from the MC website.
-No way to be hacker free, correct.
-Let's see. I'll wait a few more months (should be enough for minor changes).

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
-Even if it doesn't, would anyone want to find a new staff member hack prior to his acceptance on other servers? Helper apps explicitly ask if the applicant has been punished on cube and implicitly ask if he/she was banned elsewhere. Same goes for other staff applications on other servers.
-xTurtle is an example of that. His income is more than enough for him to buy as many alts as he wants from the MC website.
-No way to be hacker free, correct.
-Let's see. I'll wait a few more months (should be enough for minor changes).
- The app guidelines also say that if they have previously been punished on another server, they still have a chance, if their application is mature and thorough. He's not a hacker anymore, so honestly, he's changed.
- 1 person. 1.
- Yep.
- Yep.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
- The app guidelines also say that if they have previously been punished on another server, they still have a chance, if their application is mature and thorough. He's not a hacker anymore, so honestly, he's changed.
- 1 person. 1.
-True, but HackersDontWin was staff before he got banned on Badlion.
-Many more do it. I'll PM you again more details.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
I'm just going to cut it here.
Bottom line is, I'm not super thrilled either. Do you think the staff purposely want to make us suffer?
If I was the owner, there wouldn't even be an appeals section. SO LONG HACKERS.
Bless their hearts, that they actually, well, have a heart.
They'll get it done. They wouldn't be investing time into this server if they were just going to let it die.

Reactions: betty's oldies

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I'm just going to cut it here.
Bottom line is, I'm not super thrilled either. Do you think the staff purposely want to make us suffer?
If I was the owner, there wouldn't even be an appeals section. SO LONG HACKERS.
Bless their hearts, that they actually, well, have a heart.
They'll get it done. They wouldn't be investing time into this server if they were just going to let it die.
I'd still keep the appeals section, but make it harder to get unbanned or unmuted. Make it this: if and only if the punishment is false, then it can be lifted. Correct punishments stay, no matter how strong the appeal is unless the player has hard, legitimate counter-evidence proving he's innocent.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
There is an anti-cheat being worked on and its going to be applied to the server soon. And the amount of time they have been working on it you are all going to be real happy when that day comes.

The new punishment system does sound weird when you only take in the first details about it like "the one week ban" that everyone went crazy over. Even though the everyone completely overlooked the fact that they now 100% know if you have hacked before and how many times you have hacked. This does make it harder for hackers to get unbanned because if they see someone who is repeatedly getting banned for hacking they know they cant be trusted and they ban them permanently.

Its the same for mutes, if they see you have repeat offences they know not to trust you and the punishments will become harsh.

It was always going to be a tough time no matter what punishments or anti-cheat system they had. With new rules you cant keep people banned because you haven't been banned by the new rules and you haven't had the now "correct" punishment. This means we were always going to be hit with a wave of hackers because of the unban. We are in the time that is kind of dedicated to rounding up all of the hackers again and making sure they don't come back. Its a temporary stage and it will eventually come to an end. We just need to be patient thats all, the best you can do is to help the staff out with this.

I hope i've cleared some things up and helped you see a better view of the situation :P <3

And if this is completely irrelevant to this thread then ignore this because i kinda just went off :3

Tetnauc

Sep 4, 2016
In my house
These threads are needed because lets face it, the report system is a mess. Nothing is happening to the hackers. I guess they have 100's of reports a day but if that were true why are so many ignored and hackers still out and about like wasps. The server has a nest on it with no repellent. Something needs to happen and these threads may be poorly stated but OP did a good job suggesting a solution while pointing out the huge problem. There is a hacker epidemic and reports don't do anything apparently.

Reactions: Wouze

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
It's not uncommon to have every game with 1 hacker at least. Out of 10 games, about 80% of those will have 1, if not 2 or more, hackers.

How about this: Mojang states that the hacked clients we're used to are modded clients. Why don't we allow mods on the server such as MMORPG autoattacking, fly, FTB, and more?

Tetnauc

Sep 4, 2016
In my house
It's not uncommon to have every game with 1 hacker at least. Out of 10 games, about 80% of those will have 1, if not 2 or more, hackers.

How about this: Mojang states that the hacked clients we're used to are modded clients. Why don't we allow mods on the server such as MMORPG autoattacking, fly, FTB, and more?

Why would they add that it would just ruin the game modes that are designed to be played the way they are played

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net

Some computers need mods like optifine to run mc at a playable fps. Also there's no way mojang could or would tell what mods a player is using.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Why would they add that it would just ruin the game modes that are designed to be played the way they are played
Mods are supposed to make vanilla more lively. FTB for example adds more items, movement options (jetpack, hang glider), more blocks, more crafting, etc.

Fly is also in vanilla MC...creative mode that is.

The rest above was sarcasm. Really, yes it does ruin it. Point is, the last thing that the server can do is allow hacks if this keeps up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom