Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think?

• Yes it is a brilliant idea, Now i can get rid of those pesky campers. :)

• No this is horrible, I like campers. :(

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Before we start I know there are some of you out there ready to type "This will be a way to OP kid, learn to play, -9000 from me" But please just read the thread.

The Problem

So I have made a thread titled how to take care of safety bridgers and obviously, that thread is pointed at campers now to give a fair advantage I will be pointing this thread at the people who have to deal with campers. So you are stuck at mid, you and your teammate try to build to a camper but it takes so long you just can not get to them, so you split up, 1 of you goes to another island and secretly builds but they somehow found out you were building (They are using a minimap) So both of the campers are concentrated at the both of you and you get very close to their island when you hear an explosion, You look to your friends bridge and realize he has been killed and his bridge was destroyed by a TNT cannon, you turn and look at them but instead you are greeted with a TNT to the face and you die with your bridge destroyed because you were distracted by your friends bridge getting exploded. You have to rebuild but by the time you get there they have 2 stacks of TNT read to destroy your bridge again, you decide to use obsidian and the match ends up taking 2 hours because of the amount of obsidian you got, and finally you got their egg but 1 of them snuck back and got your egg at the same time, 1 gets eliminated, your friend dies from being stupid, you try to jump over to your bridge and fall because you jumped incorrectly and they win. Don't be like these guys, watch where you jump :)

The Solution
Allow players to be able to buy ender pearls for 2 stacks of Diamond. This is very hard to get and most of the time the people who deal with campers are at mid getting diamonds with better and more diamond generators so they can take care of the campers. If you think this suggestion is too op let me know and we can work something out but personally, I think that Ender Pearls should be available for non-OP eggwars. Tell me what you guys think in the comments.

Notes:
1 - Please read through the whole thread and all its replies to avoid confusion and double posting
2 - Keep in mind, do not bash on other comments. Everyone's opinion matters.
3 - If you do not think it should be added then please let me know why.
4 - If you think this should be added then please vote yes on the poll.

*Update*
Rubik_Cube_Man said that there is a chance of this being implemented for a price of 64 diamonds in normal mode.

1. Enders pearls for diamonds - Oh wow, have I seen a lot of requests for Ender pearls in normal mode. After discussing this with other staff, we’ve decided that a good starting price for Ender pearls in normal mode is 64 diamonds. You may be thinking that “But you can get diamonds on your own island” but we believe you should be able to get Ender pearls on your own island. Ender pearls should help players who have been cornered onto their own island to attack adjacent islands/middle, and further progress the game.

Last edited:

Clacks

Nov 30, 2016
Qatar
Well, at Normal mode, campers amount usually decreases, due to the price of the items comparing to op mode. But, yeah, there is that one player which usually likes to play a game of 9-24 hours. Where he doesn't go to mid and starts first, upgrading all generators, placing around 10k obsidian around the egg, gets 15 bows and 4 full sets of iron armor and store them in a chest. Also, build a castle. Then starts bowing and considering other players to come to him, Epearls should be useful here.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Well, at Normal mode, campers amount usually decreases, due to the price of the items comparing to op mode. But, yeah, there is that one player which usually likes to play a game of 9-24 hours. Where he doesn't go to mid and starts first, upgrading all generators, placing around 10k obsidian around the egg, gets 15 bows and 4 full sets of iron armor and store them in a chest. Also, build a castle. Then starts bowing and considering other players to come to him, Epearls should be useful here.
I agree it is more decreased in normal but you do get them, thank you for the feedback I appreciate it

LuisZapataR

Oct 16, 2016
Peru - Lima
The campers are part of minecraft, even if it annoys us all, it is not necessary to use the ender perl, when we can report them by notifying them.
But it was a good suggestion.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
The campers are part of minecraft, even if it annoys us all, it is not necessary to use the ender perl, when we can report them by notifying them.
But it was a good suggestion.
Campers that camp at their base and blow up bridges with TNT is not a bannable offense. Only if you sky base and do something extreme like sky basing.

♡McKingOp♡

Nov 27, 2015
Lobby 1 of everywhere
This is true. Thanks for the not, i will be changing it to suit 2 stacks. thankyou for the correction
The thing is diamonds at a certin point become quite common when your using spawn and two bases to get them you get a large amount of diamonds and e-pearls are just really op when it comes to eggwars thus the reason there only avaliable in OP eggwars.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
The thing is diamonds at a certin point become quite common when your using spawn and two bases to get them you get a large amount of diamonds and e-pearls are just really op when it comes to eggwars thus the reason there only avaliable in OP eggwars.
That is true, they become quite alot of diamonds, But the problem is campers can make games last for hours and if there is a camper and there is an e pearl, the rushers would more easily take out the camper as rushers tend to have more gens as they are at mid. I believe that this will affect the gameplay in a good way

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
@LuisZapataR its allowed as long as youre not skybasing or going below the base. Techinacally going below is also allowed since they havent said anything about it
This is correct, The reason why they do not allow sky basing is that someone can build a big flat obsidian or sandstone platform and everytime someone tries to build they can just snipe them off. Where as if this was at the bottom of the base you can easily blow it up or jump on it and block yourself in and break in and kill them.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Don't e-pearls also make it one-sided once a team completely captures mid?
I mean, if there's a team dominating mid and the other teams don't even have a working diamond gen, it's pretty much game over.
From what I see, e-pearls cause camping as well as stops (sorta) camping.
Plus, what will you do if you e-pearl to a guy, only for him to e-pearl away?
It's a double-edged sword for me. I have no hate or advocacy towards it.
+0

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
I mean, if there's a team dominating mid and the other teams don't even have a working diamond gen, it's pretty much game over.
+0
Thats the point of the game and capturing mid is a strategy .

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Thats the point of the game and capturing mid is a strategy .
So the point of the game is to control mid and camp?
You're telling me you're gonna be happy watching another team dominating mid without you having a single chance at mid?
If you think capturing mid is a strat, you are correct. However, it's one of the most inefficient ways of playing a game.
If you really don't want to face campers, rush each goddarn team.
All the top people in egg wars play the rush game, not the control mid game.
If you go for mid, chances are, a really good team would've killed your egg, eliminated your team, and simply taking over mid without having to do work.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
+0
The point is that there are campers and the campers do not go to mid rushers do, it does take 128 diamonds for e pearls but it is only there to get rid of campers. If you decide to e pearl to their base you can destroy their egg and easily get to mid, but it is hard getting to their island from mid for the simple fact that there is no villager at mid so they can not infinitely camp Most of the time they will not expect you to e pearl onto them and kill them. Also it is a efficient strategy to rush mid and it does require skill as you have to keep players off of mid coming from many directions

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
The point is that there are campers and the campers do not go to mid rushers do, it does take 128 diamonds for e pearls but it is only there to get rid of campers. If you decide to e pearl to their base you can destroy their egg and easily get to mid, but it is hard getting to their island from mid for the simple fact that there is no villager at mid so they can not infinitely camp Most of the time they will not expect you to e pearl onto them and kill them. Also it is a efficient strategy to rush mid and it does require skill as you have to keep players off of mid coming from many directions
If you claim that campers do not go to mid, there's no need to even get e-pearls.
You can bridge to them ez as pie.
You will never be shot down or anything, they can't have a bow!
Therefore, you won't need e-pearls at all.
2nd, most campers do go to mid.
They simply go to mid, get 5 diamonds, then run back to their base and start a diamond generator up.
Once they get BOWS, it becomes a camping game. In that case, it's really your fault for attempting to stay at center rather than rushing.
You claim that you cannot infinitely camp at mid.
Can you tell me why teammates exist?
Even for solo, it's hard to counter mid campers as the distance to center is a long way, and usually, the person will be stacked enough to stay there for a while.
Even if you do manage to sneak in, that person that was there before you will simply come back and murder you.
In, camping is annoying to counter and I do wish there were ways to defeat it.
However, e-pearls are just not the way to go, but it's a good idea for a start.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

caraMel wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats... finally!!! Welcome to the team 🩷
caraMel wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats!!! Welcome back to the team 🩷
caraMel wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats!!! Welcome to the team 🩷
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations on helper W:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations on helper!:D
Top Bottom