Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello,
i think the rules are far to strict and the only reason for that is context while some bans do require context others dont, and in my opinion its those rule in wich people are most upset about getting a punishment for.

this includes the spamming rule i was recently warned on the cubecraft discord for this:
my warn.jpg

this is clearly me giving my reaction to 3 different(different very important) messages, spam is a rule i completely agree with but context is very important, me reacting this emogi 3 times for 3 different messages. Does this mean if i say hi to 3 different people i will get a warning, i mean clearly saying hi only brings positivity to a server and not negativity wich is why rules are in place.

i prupose that all warns and bans under the spamming rule require context such as saying hi 3 times to 3 differenmt people or having the same reaction to 3 different messages

another rule is necro posting: i also say this should require context this rule i completely agree with it but an unanswered thread asking for help thats unanswered clearly someone wanting to help even if it is 3 weeks later should be able to clearly helping people only adds positivity to our server and someone getting a punishment for it is quite sad imo.

so the 2 rules i propose adding a context rule for a punishment to are the necro posting and spam rule

do u disagree?
these are just 2 rules that come to mind

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
Thanks for sharing your opinion in the first place. Yk ily right? About your point, I agree, though context is not always easily understandable but if it were at certain situations then I don't think people should get punished. However, there's just one more difficulty regarding the exception, it's something subjective and because of that it can be hard to implement. Also, it's more work moderation wise. Other than that, I completely agree.

Zillu

Jan 4, 2021
Hey! I don’t think any of these rules has to change. If you had read the rules, it basically says that what you did was defined as spamming.

2.5 - Spamming​

Spamming is defined as posting unwanted or unnecessary messages, often repeatedly in a short amount of time. Spamming includes but is not limited to posting random strings of symbols in 3 or more different messages (or twice in case the message is too long), using the same message or content over and over without reason or asking for free ranks. Spamming is strictly prohibited.

I’ll give you some examples on how to avoid getting warned:
  • Next time react with ‘random’ emoji’s which almost have the same effect imo: o.O - xd - lol - 😂 or 🤣
  • You also could’ve just not replied as o.O is kinda useless.
As for saying hi three times, you can EASILY avoid that with using: hello, hey, hai, hiii, wsp, what’s up, howdy, 👋 or maybe just start a conversation (hello, how are you?).

And in my opinion, the same actually goes for necroposting. If you see an unanswered thread and someone was still asking for help but got left without the issue being fixed/having his question answered, I’d basically just start an conversation with that person and ask them if they still need help, just to verify. If they do, you can always help them further in the conversation, this will also prevent you from getting warned, and the thread getting bumped to the latest posts section as well as go to the top of their sub forum's list because of that.

This is in my opinion the best way to deal with it, hope this also helps you! :)

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey! I don’t think any of these rules has to change. If you had read the rules, it basically says that what you did was defined as spamming.

2.5 - Spamming​

Spamming is defined as posting unwanted or unnecessary messages, often repeatedly in a short amount of time. Spamming includes but is not limited to posting random strings of symbols in 3 or more different messages (or twice in case the message is too long), using the same message or content over and over without reason or asking for free ranks. Spamming is strictly prohibited.

I’ll give you some examples on how to avoid getting warned:
  • Next time react with ‘random’ emoji’s which almost have the same effect imo: o.O - xd - lol - 😂 or 🤣
  • You also could’ve just not replied as o.O is kinda useless.
As for saying hi three times, you can EASILY avoid that with using: hello, hey, hai, hiii, wsp, what’s up, howdy, 👋 or maybe just start a conversation (hello, how are you?).

And in my opinion, the same actually goes for necroposting. If you see an unanswered thread and someone was still asking for help but got left without the issue being fixed/having his question answered, I’d basically just start an conversation with that person and ask them if they still need help, just to verify. If they do, you can always help them further in the conversation, this will also prevent you from getting warned, and the thread getting bumped to the latest posts section as well as go to the top of their sub forum's list because of that.

This is in my opinion the best way to deal with it, hope this also helps you! :)
That's not really the points of the thread. The point is that none of these rules, when broken, annoy or disturb anyone. When ever one of these rules are broken it in a positive way that just bring activity and a sense of communitee to new comers.

We as a communitee shouldn't have to change such a little thing like 'hi' to 'hey' for the fear of being punished in such a severe way
And that is why is simply suggest the requirement of context to be brought into the picture with these rules

Reactions: Shotgun

Vqlah

Oct 13, 2016
The Netherlands
I agree.
I don't think 3 messages like this is really ''spamming''
I think it's better when it's about 5 messages that can get you muted for spamming

Reactions: Matriox

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
*The post around spamming is aimed at discord, there is no muting, so to put it simply you can get banned for saying hi to 3 people

Zillu

Jan 4, 2021
*The post around spamming is aimed at discord, there is no muting, so to put it simply you can get banned for saying hi to 3 people
First, you get a warning, after the warning that you receive in pm, you should know that spamming is not allowed and that it’s smart to read the rules before continuing to send messages in the discord. I’m sorry, but getting banned is really your own fault after being warned.. Imo It's very clear and not strict at all.
I still suggest people to do what I said in the first message.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
The whole point of this thread is to not be so scared about the littlest things and the most severe punishments for them

While I appreciate you trying to teach me how to avoid these rules there needs to be a change full stop

No one saying hi to ppl should get punished in such a severe way

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
About spamming: I would say that saying the same thing 3 times in a row is spamming (dc and ingame), and that should not change. Exceptions: Among Slimes:
''it's red''
''it's red''
''it is red!''
That is not spamming imo... Its part of game. You want people to vote someone out. So ye, that should change.

And, as you can see on the screenshot: Matriox replied to what other users said. That should not count as spamming.

• Love

Taxy

Sep 24, 2020
Austin, Texas
This is aimed at discord, why exactly would you disagree?
No, I mean, don't get me wrong, your punishment was unjust. I really think you shouldn't have been muted. I'm saying that the spamming 3 messages should only be in-game. As for Discord, I believe it should be raised to 4, and you only get punished after a warning.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
No, I mean, don't get me wrong, your punishment was unjust. I really think you shouldn't have been muted. I'm saying that the spamming 3 messages should only be in-game. As for Discord, I believe it should be raised to 4, and you only get punished after a warning.
Sorry I misunderstood, I agree.

Reactions: Taxy
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Evaluatiefout wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Top Bottom