Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be added?

• Total voters

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Can you add a ‘competitive’ mode for skywars and Eggwars. This mode will require the player to be above around level 10-25 ish in order to play. The auto mod has been barely working to catch hackers and when they are banned, they come back under an alt account. If this system is implemented, hackers could only interfere with non competitive players while competitive players remain untouched.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
Definitely not. If you are under level 10 you will face more hackers and most people with level 10 or less do not have a rank so it’s harder to report those hackers. I think it’s good the way it is. If you see a hacker just report him.

Reactions: Rawrbin

SANTIEL_3

Apr 4, 2020
Hello:)!

mmm i don't know does not attract me, sorry i don't like the idea, is my opinion

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Definitely not. If you are under level 10 you will face more hackers and most people with level 10 or less do not have a rank so it’s harder to report those hackers. I think it’s good the way it is. If you see a hacker just report him.
He’s talking about a ranked game mode. The level req is to prevent cheaters from playing in the ranked playlist. I know the guy worded it poorly but I cleared it up for you. And do you realize how little the amount of hackers actually is? I usually see one every 10 games I play. Also, like you said, if you see a hacker, just report them. It takes maybe 5 minutes.

Reactions: ItzEnd3r

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
He’s talking about a ranked game mode. The level req is to prevent cheaters from playing in the ranked playlist. I know the guy worded it poorly but I cleared it up for you. And do you realize how little the amount of hackers actually is? I usually see one every 10 games I play. Also, like you said, if you see a hacker, just report them. It takes maybe 5 minutes.
I believe the point of this Ranked Mode is to reduce the amount of hackers in games from people who play a lot, and not about just another leaderboard that would go for a "new" game, Ranked Skywars/EggWars.

Now my opinion: it's basically the same as EasyGoofy. Yes this would reduce the hackers in games of people who play a lot, but it would increase the amount of hackers in games of new people.
New people who face a lot of hackers might never join the server again because of all the hackers, and most people who're under level 15 are stone rankers. They do not have acces to /report, and probably don't even know how to report on the forums, and the amount of hackers will always be the same if the anticheat or the mods don't ban.
It's a no from me.

If I got your suggestion wrong and it is about another gamemode, then can you explain more about it?
Edit: I forgot to mention that if this is only to match people with a certain level, ans nothing else that this has been suggested before, and just reposting without adding something new to it is not allowed.
I'll paste in the other thread and the rule later.
One of the threads about the same topic.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/skywars-ranked.232314/#post-1119541

• 3.11 - Please don't repeat previously mentioned and discussed topics, unless you have something significant to add to the conversation and the previous topic is locked.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 469419

[
hackers could only interfere with non competitive players while competitive players remain untouched.

Then you'll turning your back to these players, that's a ugly detail... Perhaps cubecraft could add this for other reasons, but not for this besides it's an ugly detail, a lot of players would left the server.

We need to fight together reporting all hackers, not giving the back to "noob" players.

Going to the idea itself, I have said multiple times no for this idea, I personally like the players diversity in a game tho cubecraft haven't the enough players to play in two different places.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Skywars and eggwars are, in my opinion, not competitive enough. But an entire seperate gamemode is too much. Also, as others have mentioned, hackers, cheaters, and teamers are still a problem, especially in 1.8.

Sure, you could say "just report them" but that's not accessible enough yet. Only players with a certain rank can /report, and reporting via the site takes way too long.

Sentinel could solve this issue, but it's way too unstable. In my opinion, ranked and more serious gamemodes shouldn't be released until CC gets a new anti-cheat developer, and until Sentinel is reliable enough.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I believe the point of this Ranked Mode is to reduce the amount of hackers in games from people who play a lot
Ummm.... no. Ranked playlists are meant to be a challenge, and the higher you rank the better rewards you get. It’s a way to test your skill against other players that are your caliber. You are just blowing the hacker thing out of proportion. This isn’t about hackers. The level requirement is meant so cheaters can’t immediately get into a ranked game. It will have no direct correlation to how many hackers are present in casual skywars. You know why? Because most hackers dont get past level 2, if even. They get banned after a few games, so their impact will be little to none. Only thing is that less people will be playing casual playlists, so the odds of filling with a hacker are raised ever so slightly. But if you are really concerned about running into a hacker, just report them as everyone says.
Yes this would reduce the hackers in games of people who play a lot, but it would increase the amount of hackers in games of new people.
Just report them. We’ve been doing it for years now. The same amount if hackers will be playing casual as before. Plus, what would you rather have? A hacker ruining a casual game that you play for fun and can re-queue in maybe 10 seconds, or a hacker ruining a ranked game, causing your rating and placement to go down. I get that this logic can be swayed by your play style, casual or competitive, but you have to consider the other side if the argument.

New people who face a lot of hackers might never join the server again because of all the hackers,
You’re making it sound like there will be 5 hackers a game, and that’s simply not the case. I just played 10 games of solo skywars as a test and I did not find one cheater. You’re blowing it out of proportion.
and the amount of hackers will always be the same if the anticheat or the mods don't ban
You’re assuming the mods and the anticheat won’t do their jobs. Also, what is with your notion that these games will be full of nons? Plenty if players with ranks can still and will play in the casual playlists, and they have access to /report. Stop making these assumptions.

3.11 - Please don't repeat previously mentioned and discussed topics, unless you have something significant to add to the conversation and the previous topic is locked.
Also, imagine quoting rules while we are having a unique discussion, adding something significant to the conversation.

AlperenKuru

Feb 18, 2017
My house
You're going about it wrong. Competitive mode should be a thing for players who want a greater challenge, not for people who don't want to deal with hackers. If you said it in that manner, I would agree.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I understand why you would want it. But it’s not fair, new players shouldn’t be stuck with all the hackers. And lvl 20, is really not that high, it wouldn’t be only competitive players. So... it’s a no from me, for every kind of ranked gamemode
Sorry
~Fesa

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I don't like that idea because it can create problems between them and harm the community.;)
Between who? Be more specific.
But it’s not fair, new players shouldn’t be stuck with all the hackers.
Let’s go over this again: You’re not forced to play ranked. You can be level 1200 and still play casual games. It’s not just new players in casual games. Quit trying to bring light to this false assumption. And “all the hackers”? Poor excuse. I played 10 games as a test and did not find a single hacker.

And lvl 20, is really not that high, it wouldn’t be only competitive players.
You don’t understand. The level req is meant to stop hackers from ruining ranked games. It’s not a threshold of a certain skill level. Once you hit the required level to play ranked, you can play all you want. Ranked won’t even be full of sweats until you get more points and higher up, because casual players who play a lot will try ranked also and not be able to keep up with the good players who are ranking up.

Anyone else want me to debunk their points?

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
You firstly say It’s not a threshold of a certain skill level. And after that you say Ranked won’t even be full of sweats until you get more points and higher up. This implies you do want a threshold depending on a certain skill level. Maybe not in the entrance ‘fee’ but in the system.

Furthermore, false assumption. I’m sorry, 10 games? Really, I study mathematics, ten games is a third of the bare minimum to even begin say a thing about a statistical problem. You would be taking probabilities of a probability if you want to say something about hackers in games with 10 games as data.
I can say this, I played 4 games this morning, and the hacker rate was 100%. Which could be bad luck, but that statement is useless with the amount of games played.

You’re right, you’re not forced to play ranked. But by some assumptions you could then say that you’re system intentions would be pointing towards play ranked or play with hackers as the concentration (which is debatable) will be in non-ranked games.

I’d also like to add that ranked game will bring toxicity with them, I even dare to say that this is undebatable, and this is something we don’t want on the server!

Thank you for reading this, hopefully you can understand my point somewhat better. Sorry for the past confusing...

~Fesa

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
You firstly say It’s not a threshold of a certain skill level.
I’m talking about the level required to play. Based off of what you said:
. And lvl 20, is really not that high, it wouldn’t be only competitive players
You were saying that ranked is only meant for the best players, and thought that having a low level req meant that it would be filled with garbage players also. I said that ranked can be played by anybody once they reach that level. So, it’s not meant to be a threshold of a certain skill level. Its just to stop hackers from ruining a competitive playlist.
This implies you do want a threshold depending on a certain skill level.
Yup... that’s what ranked is. The more games you win, the tougher the opponents get.

I’m sorry, 10 games?
Yeah 10 games because I dont have the patience to play any more. I main Hypixel and just played 10 games to get a small sample size of some data.

I can say this, I played 4 games this morning, and the hacker rate was 100%.
But you didn’t. This point is completely useless because you didn't actually play the games, unlike myself.
Which could be bad luck,
Wait, now it’s luck that you run into a hacker? I guess I didn’t get that lucky then. And since you study mathematics, is luck part of data now?

but that statement is useless with the amount of games played.
Not really. If you actually played four games and every one had a hacker, you would be flipping out with statistics. But you didn’t. So that whole section was utterly pointless.

you could then say that you’re system intentions would be pointing towards play ranked or play with hackers as the concentration (which is debatable) will be in non-ranked games.
Explain this more I do not understand what you’re saying. At all.

I’d also like to add that ranked game will bring toxicity with them
Chat would be muted in ranked gamemodes. Hypixel does it and it works. Prevents toxicity and overall badmouthing.

MoMercy

Novice Member
Nov 11, 2017
I dont dont this idea
If u saw a hacker just report him on /report or the report website

ImOmega

Jun 30, 2016
I like this idea, I think the main part of players go to play CubeCraft relax and not competitive. The players of CubeCraft play some matches for fun and that's all, atleast is that I think.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom