Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Sep 29, 2017
English:
Hey everyone,

Recently cubecraft brought out a new skywars update. In my opinion it's maybe a little bit early to say, but I actually prefer to old one. So my idea was, to have them both :D
Since cube removed the 'no kits' option, they can have instead the classic skywars!

I actually made a strawpoll to see which one who prefers (http://www.strawpoll.me/14035593).
Although it's early to say, this just convinced me to make this suggestion and maybe keep this in mind for later!
Thanks for reading my post.

- Thieme

Nederlands:
Hey allemaal,

Cubecraft heeft zojuist een nieuwe skywars update uitgebracht. Misschien een beetje vroeg om te zeggen, maar ik vind de oude skywars eigenlijk beter. Dus mijn idee was om beide skywars soorten te hebben :D
Aangezien cube de 'no kit' optie heeft weggehaald, kunnen we misschien in plaats van die optie de classic skywars hebben!

Ik had een strawpoll gemaakt om te zien wie welke het beste vond (http://www.strawpoll.me/14035593).
Ook al was het misschien wat te vroeg om hier nu al over te stemmen, dit heeft met wel overgehaald om deze suggestie te maken en misschien in het hoofd te hebben voor later!
Bedankt voor het lezen van mijn post.

- Thieme

T

The Lord Pleb

I like some things about this new update, but few really. An example: Swordman Kit before had the iron sword, is now made of stone...
It would be nice if some things of the past had not changed.

BuriitoS

Novice Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
I like some things about this new update, but few really. An example: Swoordmanm Kit before had the iron sword, is now made of stone...
It would be nice if some things of the past had not changed.
The Swordsman kit was too overpowered before the update, same thing for the Iron Golem kit. They both got nerved in the new update.

Sep 29, 2017
Well, chest refill is in my opinion stolen from hypixel. The less loot option is also something I don't really like (while in team skywars I have my inventory full after 3 chests..)

Reactions: The Lord Pleb
Sep 29, 2017
You aren't 'new' by copying things from other servers...
And you don't have to be new, you just need to update some things to not let people get borred (like just different maps or another vote options)
(I know there is a new vote option btw)

SkyWars is just so different with the new loot...

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
And you don't have to be new, you just need to update some things to not let people get borred (like just different maps or another vote options)

Yes, but if you want to be a good server, things MUST change.

BuriitoS

Novice Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
Well, chest refill is in my opinion stolen from hypixel. The less loot option is also something I don't really like (while in team skywars I have my inventory full after 3 chests..)

So you are saying that Cube copied Hypixel's chest refill? Each and every skywars server has the same refill system, plus Cubecraft made the refill system way cooler and better than Hypixel's. A lot of people were complaining about the chest balancing issues before the update, so Cube made chests more balanced.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
They didn't necessarily steal the idea, they just gave the players what they asked for:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-next-skywars-update.191642/

For the record, let's not pretend that Hypixel randomly came up with the concepts of Skywars and "Bedwars". Yeah, they took the ideas because they were popular at the time, popularised for the most part by CCG. And that's okay. So long as you aren't copying an idea piece-for-piece and actually offer a different experience, it isn't unethical to copy what works from another server.

Sep 29, 2017
Okay, maybe the refill system isn't copied. Altough 1 map is copied from hypixel (Canyon). Further the loot is really the thing that makes skywars, by chaning the loot this much, this doesn't feel like cubecraft skywars anymore to me. And I'm not saying that I want the old skywars back, I said I want them both (and I am far from the only one).

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I like the new skywars update much better in my opinion and looks nicer as well. I am going to have to disagree with having both of them. good luck though and have a wonderful day :)

Reactions: D0RIAN

D0RIAN

Mar 3, 2017
Belgium

The new loot is just balanced --> fair fights.
The games are now shorter, I love it, also op is a nice gamemode now, no boring fights.
There are more blocks --> no need to camp.
So what's the problem?
It's just awesome in my opinion.

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Hey Pika, ik vind de skywars update best vet, het enige wat ik best wel vervelend vind is dat het gear eigenlijk hetzelfde is (Chain pants, iron boots etc.) En dat vind ik ook wel jammer. De maps zijn vet, dus als ze de chest loot terug kunnen brengen hoe het eerst was dan ben ik helemaal tevreden! :D

D0RIAN

Mar 3, 2017
Belgium
Hey Pika, ik vind de skywars update best vet, het enige wat ik best wel vervelend vind is dat het gear eigenlijk hetzelfde is (Chain pants, iron boots etc.) En dat vind ik ook wel jammer. De maps zijn vet, dus als ze de chest loot terug kunnen brengen hoe het eerst was dan ben ik helemaal tevreden! :D
De vorige loot was niet gebalanceerd, nu zijn er veel eerlijkere gevechten.
Zelfs op is nu leuk geworden, er zijn geen saaie gevechten meer de oneindig duurde.
Er zijn meer blocken (minder campers).
Wat is dan het probleem met de nieuwe loot?

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
De vorige loot was niet gebalanceerd, nu zijn er veel eerlijkere gevechten.
Zelfs op is nu leuk geworden, er zijn geen saaie gevechten meer de oneindig duurde.
Er zijn meer blocken (minder campers).
Wat is dan het probleem met de nieuwe loot?
Het is te standaard je krijgt steeds hetzelfde, en op een gegeven moment is dat best saai. En bij de vorige skywars had je gewoon de cube loot en dat is al jaren zo, waarom zou je de loot ineens gaan veranderen, de loot is trash vind ik.

D0RIAN

Mar 3, 2017
Belgium
Het is te standaard je krijgt steeds hetzelfde, en op een gegeven moment is dat best saai. En bij de vorige skywars had je gewoon de cube loot en dat is al jaren zo, waarom zou je de loot ineens gaan veranderen, de loot is trash vind ik.
Een beetje meer variatie zou leuk zijn, maar zoals vorige loot, iemand heeft chain legs, de ander full dia, dat was oneerlijk, ik hou er van, dat er minder gapples zijn, zeker in op, je kan geen dezelfde armor stukken uit je begin kisten krijgen, ik vind het allesinds veel beter.
Maar ik snap dat er wat meer variatie mag zijn.
Het is ook logisch dat niet alles perfect is in het begin.

Reactions: CommunistCactus
D

Deleted member 309509

I get your point, yes cube should have both bcs there are some players that like the new and other that love the classic , +1

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
GiGaGekkies wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday
vanilla extract is the definition of clickbait ONG
Top Bottom