Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree?

• Total voters

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
At the moment, if you post a suggestion here, it kind of depends on if you’re lucky or not if a staff member sees it. Like this, quite a few good suggestions get lost in the mist of time which is, obviously, not something good.

Now you might wonder why am I writing this? It’s not to say that staff is bad or lazy, I want to make that clear. Still, if some people can read almost every suggestion made in one day on their own, the whole staff team together should be able to keep up with that as well right? If they actually can’t and I’m wrong, then of course something else needs to be found.

What do you think of this? I don’t know if this is possible with XenForo or idk where the caps are, but if it is, it’d certainly be something good. You could give a feedback/suggestion thread an extra description that’s only visible to staff. This will say something like ‘Not Seen By Staff’. Once a staff member has read the thread, they can click on something like ‘Seen By Staff’ so other staff members know that it’s not necessary anymore to look at it. The description will then change to ‘Seen By Staff’. This description would only be visible by staff and staff could also filter for threads with a ‘Not Seen By Staff’ description. Like this the team should certainly be able to keep up with all of the suggestions coming in. I think that the ‘Seen By Staff’ perm should only be given to the staff members that have the perms to escalate a thread.

Thanks for reading! Don’t forget to vote on the poll, and if you don’t agree please let me know why in the comments.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I don't really agree with you. For as far as I know most threads will be looked at by a moderator but it depends on how good the thread is. Most of the time the mods don't comment on it, but it doesn't mean they don't read it. If a thread is good it will get many reaction from other members which means it will keep getting bumped to the top of the list. The good threads will therefore always be seen by a staff member. If a thread doesn't get a lot of reactions while the idea is good, you could still get your thread on top of the list by bumping it for instance. If the community simply doesn't like the suggestion then it shouldn't get implemented anyway.

I also don't agree with the solution you came up with. Every staff member has another opinion and can have a different look at something. If one moderator marked a thread as 'read' it could make other staff members think the thread is not worth it so they won't even bother checking it, while their opinion on the subject could be very different. I think this idea would backfire.

Nov 17, 2020
Colombia
I agree, most of my suggestions are rarely commented on by the staff team, so your proposal is very, very good, not bad at all

By the way, what does this have to do with Christmas and how much I love you?

• Love
Reactions: xHappyMood

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
For as far as I know most threads will be looked at by a moderator but it depends on how good the thread is. Most of the time the mods don't comment on it, but it doesn't mean they don't read it. If a thread is good it will get many reaction from other members which means it will keep getting bumped to the top of the list. The good threads will therefore always be seen by a staff member. If a thread doesn't get a lot of reactions while the idea is good, you could still get your thread on top of the list by bumping it for instance. If the community simply doesn't like the suggestion then it shouldn't get implemented anyway.
That's not true though. I've heard staff members say that the staff team can't check every suggestion and that therefore some get forgotten. Some good, small suggestions just get overlooked. Even though it's obvious it should be implemented (this for example). I've already bumped that thread twice but nothing happened while it obviously should be implemented.
I also don't agree with the solution you came up with. Every staff member has another opinion and can have a different look at something. If one moderator marked a thread as 'read' it could make other staff members think the thread is not worth it so they won't even bother checking it, while their opinion on the subject could be very different. I think this idea would backfire.
Of course, the description wouldn't tell staff members NOT to look at it. It would just tell them that it has already been looked at, so they can check that every suggestion actually gets looked at. But of course, staff members can also look at threads that have already been marked as 'Seen By Staff'.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Hey!

That's not true though. I've heard staff members say that the staff team can't check every suggestion and that therefore some get forgotten.
I try to read every suggestion I see (I've turned notifications on for new suggestion threads). If a thread doesn't get escalated it doesn't mean that a staff member did not take a look at it.

We also don't post on every suggestion we see as it's not necessary to comment on when someone else explained it very well why it would a bad idea.

I think Marijn explained the rest very well :)

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
I try to read every suggestion I see (I've turned notifications on for new suggestion threads). If a thread doesn't get escalated it doesn't mean that a staff member did not take a look at it.
Of course it doesn't, but sometimes really good suggestions which people agree with seem to get ignored.
We also don't post on every suggestion we see as it's not necessary to comment on when someone else explained it very well why it would a bad idea.
Very true, yet why do staff members sometimes say that it is 'obviously' impossible for the team to look at every suggestion?

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Of course it doesn't, but sometimes really good suggestions which people agree with seem to get ignored
That's true, but even though a lot of members agree with the suggestion we still might not agree with it and don't escalate it.
why do staff members sometimes say that it is 'obviously' impossible for the team to look at every suggestion?
It's very hard to check every suggestion that gets posted, I agree with that. There are a lot of suggestions and sometimes you miss one of them. I try to read every suggestion and I give my feedback if needed.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
It's very hard to check every suggestion that gets posted, I agree with that. There are a lot of suggestions and sometimes you miss one of them. I try to read every suggestion and I give my feedback if needed.
It is, and my suggestion would be a good solution for that, so what's wrong then?

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
It is, and my suggestion would be a good solution for that, so what's wrong then?
How would your suggestion make it easier for us to read all the suggestions that get posted?

What you are suggesting is a feature to see if we have read a thread or not, I'm just telling you that I try to read every suggestion I see and other mods probably do that as well so if it doesn't get escalated for example then we didn't like your suggestion and if there's a poll you can see if we agree with your suggestion or not.

Summarised :
I just don't agree with adding a feature to see if a staff member has read your thread since we check almost every thread already and if we don't do anything with it then we don't agree with it.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Summarised :
I just don't agree with adding a feature to see if a staff member has read your thread since we check almost every thread already and if we don't do anything with it then we don't agree with it.
It would only be visible to staff, so that the staff team can ensure that they have seen everything. Players would not notice anything about it, it'd just give more like a feeling of trust in that everything is read I guess.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Top Bottom