Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Discord rule 2.10 which bans answering to other player's questions in the #staff-help channel simply doesn't make sense. So I suggest to change it for the following reasons:

• Staff members have to be constantly taking a look at that channel, most times to solve questions and doubts which any other member of the community can help with.
  • Sometimes it takes too long to get an answer, if the community could answer and participate, the process would be much quicker.
To sum up, the staff would have less job to do on discord and players would get an answer quicker. Because while a bedrock report takes around 3 hours or more to be reviewed, staff answers to this kind of SUPER important questions.
Captura de pantalla 2022-06-08 213930.png

I'm not suggesting to remove this rule, but to change it so any user can answer to other player's questions as long as their answer content is appropriate and they don't give fake information just to troll. In case any user broke this rule, they would be punished accordingly.
And to all those forumers who deny all suggestions because yes, think on all those unfair times you have been warned just for helping with a doubt by mistake.

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Discord rule 2.10 which bans answering to other player's questions in the #staff-help channel simply doesn't make sense. So I suggest to change it for the following reasons:

• Staff members have to be constantly taking a look at that channel, most times to solve questions and doubts which any other member of the community can help with.
  • Sometimes it takes too long to get an answer, if the community could answer and participate, the process would be much quicker.
To sum up, the staff would have less job to do on discord and players would get an answer quicker. Because while a bedrock report takes around 3 hours or more to be reviewed, staff answers to this kind of SUPER important questions.View attachment 211597

I'm not suggesting to remove this rule, but to change it so any user can answer to other player's questions as long as their answer content is appropriate and they don't give fake information just to troll. In case any user broke this rule, they would be punished accordingly.
And to all those forumers who deny all suggestions because yes, think on all those unfair times you have been warned just for helping with a doubt by mistake.
People use English general to Help people in staff help
And Moderators are Volunteers remember, they're not required to check reports every minute of the day :) they get checked when someone is available to check them

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
I disagree. It's called "staff-help" for a reason. Yes, sometimes it takes a long time but that ensures you get the correct answer. And sure, you could make it so that users who spread false information are punished, but that wouldn't prevent the consequences one wrong reply could have (for example, one user asks if hacking is allowed and another user replies "yes", of course the second user would be punished but what about the first user who could hack before a staff member is able to tell them it's actually not allowed?). Also, if anyone wishes to help, they can always do so via pinging the user and answering the question in english-general.

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
I know, what's the point of banning answering in staff help if people actually do it in the general channel?
The point is that if you ask a question in staff-help, you're supposed to get a 100% correct answer, which a staff member is far more likely to provide you with, compared to a community member. Though, if a community member feels like they can answer the question, they do so in english-general.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I disagree. It's called "staff-help" for a reason. Yes, sometimes it takes a long time but that ensures you get the correct answer. And sure, you could make it so that users who spread false information are punished, but that wouldn't prevent the consequences one wrong reply could have (for example, one user asks if hacking is allowed and another user replies "yes", of course the second user would be punished but what about the first user who could hack before a staff member is able to tell them it's actually not allowed?). Also, if anyone wishes to help, they can always do so via pinging the user and answering the question in english-general.
As you said people answer in the general channel pinging the user, so the consequences of spreading fake information would be the same than now, because it's allowed to answer to questions but in other channels, which makes it an useless rule.

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
As you said people answer in the general channel pinging the user, so the consequences of spreading fake information would be the same than now, because it's allowed to answer to questions but in other channels, which makes it an useless rule.
While that is true, the current rule still helps prevent this action to some extent, as at least some players who ask a question in staff-help expect a reply in the same channel / could figure out the reply in english-general wasn't sent by a staff member, and therefore not trust the answer. So I think removing it would only worsen the situation.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
While that is true, the current rule still helps prevent this action to some extent, as at least some players who ask a question in staff-help expect a reply in the same channel / could figure out the reply in english-general wasn't sent by a staff member, and therefore not trust the answer. So I think removing it would only worsen the situation.
Well that's true and I hadn't thought that would happen, but staff should do something to avoid this madness when reporting someone on bedrock.
My report took 2 days to be accepted lol.

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Well that's true and I hadn't thought that would happen, but staff should do something to avoid this madness when reporting someone on bedrock.

My report took 2 days to be accepted lol.
As i stated in an above message, Moderators are Volunteers they aren't required to Check reports 24/7, which does mean Reports can take a few days to be looked at.

D

Deleted member 347571

#community-help

A channel right under staff-help where dedicated members can answer easy questions as well.

- Your questions would be answerred way quicker.

- People will not answer any questions in english-general or staff-help.no more. People find it really annoying as well so thats win win!

You might not always get the correct answer but people will surely correct it.

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
the staff would have less job to do on discord
as long as their answer content is appropriate and they don't give fake information just to troll. In case any user broke this rule, they would be punished accordingly.
This would only give staff more work in general. Not only do they answer questions community members cannot answer, they then would also have to look for these unanswered question (currently finding unanswered questions is easy: just look for the last reply of a staff member and continue with the first message sent after) AND they would have to 'fact-check' each answer, while punishing players who gave wrong information etc.

This means that not only the channel would be chaotic and unclear for people as well as staff, it also gives staff more work to do.

while a bedrock report takes around 3 hours or more to be reviewed, staff answers to this kind of SUPER important questions.
A staff member will apply for either of the Java or Bedrock platforms. Personally I can say that I know barely anything of how Bedrock works with in-game mechanics, as well as with (cheating) clients or store purchases. I wouldn't try to answer Bedrock questions or accept Bedrock reports. Since there are way less Bedrock staff members, it is only expectable for Bedrock reports to take long(er). I don't say that's a great thing, but I wouldn't blame staff members for answering general questions rather than looking into a report. They are, as Salty already said, volunteers who try and make CubeCraft a better place.

If you want to help that desperately, feel free to answer questions in #english. That way, #staff-help stays an organised place everyone can find their ways in, and even though it might take longer than you sometimes wish, it is most likely the most efficient way. Hope you understand

Reactions: Salty_Shadows

Stijnnn_

Jan 4, 2021
Bamboo forest

To sum up, the staff would have less job to do on discord and players would get an answer quicker. Because while a bedrock report takes around 3 hours or more to be reviewed, staff answers to this kind of SUPER important questions.View attachment 211597

Its called staffhelp, because players go there with questions to staff. And thats also the reason why replying to people there isnt allowed.

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
#community-help

A channel right under staff-help where dedicated members can answer easy questions as well.

- Your questions would be answerred way quicker.

- People will not answer any questions in english-general or staff-help.no more. People find it really annoying as well so thats win win!

You might not always get the correct answer but people will surely correct it.
Yes, but than again. which questions should you post there and which in the staff help discord channel? It would still be very tempting to ask everything in community-help, as you get a faster response. That would be bad, for the reasons @iTBD mentioned

D

Deleted member 347571

Yes, but than again. which questions should you post there and which in the staff help discord channel? It would still be very tempting to ask everything in community-help, as you get a faster response. That would be bad, for the reasons @iTBD mentioned
Just any questions people want to ask.. if normal players see questions that are not answerred yet by staff-members after an hour they can simply post the answer in #community-help. Why would it be bad to get a quicker response? Staff-members get so many questions that normal players can answer as well.

• Disagree
Reactions: Amazinq
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

caraMel wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🐻‍❄️✨
BicolourSine41 wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Happy birthday!!
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Happy birthday!!
JustNathie wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Happy birthday! 💜🎉
Oof I gotta find another way of getting rid of my boredom. I literally have a week's holiday and I don't know what to do. Definitely not artwork-
Top Bottom