Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

GameSharkN64

Aug 25, 2018
Netherlands
Personally i think soft blocks is too OP, you can easily spleef someone from the map wihout any effort.

Why not make it RNG like abilities?

30% chance for snowballs to have a soft blocks effect

70% chance for eggs to have a soft blocks effect

I know its a vote option but i don't really enjoy soft blocks games.
Please leave feedback on my suggestion.

Thank you.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
RNG is one of the easiest ways to completely ruin a game imo. I'd rather somebody win because they had the right gameplay intentions at the right time, not because they got luckier than their opponent. Imagine not getting the kill because your opponent's blocks refused to break, but then they get a really lucky dice roll and kill you instantly. RNG always disproportionately benefits the less skilled players. Only reason I like abilities is because they are unlocks, something you earn and upgrade over time through gameplay, and are less likely to influence every fight.

GameSharkN64

Aug 25, 2018
Netherlands
RNG is one of the easiest ways to completely ruin a game imo. I'd rather somebody win because they had the right gameplay intentions at the right time, not because they got luckier than their opponent. Imagine not getting the kill because your opponent's blocks refused to break, but then they get a really lucky dice roll and kill you instantly. RNG always disproportionately benefits the less skilled players. Only reason I like abilities is because they are unlocks, something you earn and upgrade over time through gameplay, and are less likely to influence every fight.

You got me xd

I just really dislike softblocks in tron and snowflake since these are 1 layer maps.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
Personally i think soft blocks is too OP, you can easily spleef someone from the map wihout any effort.

Why not make it RNG like abilities?

30% chance for snowballs to have a soft blocks effect

70% chance for eggs to have a soft blocks effect

I know its a vote option but i don't really enjoy soft blocks games.
Please leave feedback on my suggestion.

Thank you.
You got me xd

I just really dislike softblocks in tron and snowflake since these are 1 layer maps.
If you don’t like this certain game modifier don’t choose it in the allocated time to vote. This mode is not likely to change due to a lot of people liking this add on.

GameSharkN64

Aug 25, 2018
Netherlands
If you don’t like this certain game modifier don’t choose it in the allocated time to vote. This mode is not likely to change due to a lot of people liking this add on.

Thats another small problem, when the server is at 2.5k - 3k players there is almost no time to vote projectiles since you can't vote the last 6 seconds of waiting time. Why is that even a thing?

It would understand that they would lock chest item votes the last few seconds so players can choose their kit in time and not get trolled with basic items after selecting an OP profitable kit.

But for the projectiles i don't understand why its locked the last few seconds.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
Thats another small problem, when the server is at 2.5k - 3k players there is almost no time to vote projectiles since you can't vote the last 6 seconds of waiting time. Why is that even a thing?

It would understand that they would lock chest item votes the last few seconds so players can choose their kit in time and not get trolled with basic items after selecting an OP profitable kit.

But for the projectiles i don't understand why its locked the last few seconds.
The reason is so the code has time to take effect over the choice it is a simple concept really.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
But it’s OP for everyone then I guess? I think a stack if golden apples, full enchanted diamond armour and stuff would be way more OP. I don’t ser any issue with this gamemade, especially because this gamemode gets chosen barely.
I have too agree here

Simply

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2017
Beyond the Fourth Wall
No, making it RNG-based would create chaos and spleefing would become useless cause you don't know if the block is going to break or not. Soft blocks is a rather peculiar voting option and it is good as it is now. Don't like the spleefing? Vote for normal projectiles, that simple :D

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
RNG is actually really good... Fortnite and Candy crush both used rng and they were very succesfull games. It gives advantages to lesser skilled people, allowing them to potentially kill more “pro” ppl. This keeps people interested and builds the playerbase faster.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
RNG is actually really good... Fortnite and Candy crush both used rng and they were very succesfull games. It gives advantages to lesser skilled people, allowing them to potentially kill more “pro” ppl. This keeps people interested and builds the playerbase faster.
Fortnite's RNG is quite traditional to PvP games, in that it affects your gear going into the fight but stays on the sidelines during the fight. If every purple gun in Fortnite had a 30% chance to fire a blank and every green gun had a 70% chance, it would not be a very successful game.

Also, there is still a skill gap in regards to finding loot. The loot itself may be randomised, but a skilled player will always get more of it because they'll know where to look and how to do it efficiently. The RNG does still benefit the less-skilled player, but it's subtle enough to not ruin the experience of good players.

user947836

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Nice idea, but maybe it would be better this way:
- Snowballs: 40% chance of soft block
- Arrows: 40% chance of soft block
- Eggs: 40% chance of soft block

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
Fortnite's RNG is quite traditional to PvP games, in that it affects your gear going into the fight but stays on the sidelines during the fight. If every purple gun in Fortnite had a 30% chance to fire a blank and every green gun had a 70% chance, it would not be a very successful game.

Also, there is still a skill gap in regards to finding loot. The loot itself may be randomised, but a skilled player will always get more of it because they'll know where to look and how to do it efficiently. The RNG does still benefit the less-skilled player, but it's subtle enough to not ruin the experience of good players.
Fortnite’s rng is one of a kind, your gun accuracy is choen randomly. If you shoot in a straight line, your bullets will not hit the same spot every time. Therefore sometimes you land 8/10 of your hits, yet other times you land 10/10.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Fortnite’s rng is one of a kind, your gun accuracy is choen randomly. If you shoot in a straight line, your bullets will not hit the same spot every time. Therefore sometimes you land 8/10 of your hits, yet other times you land 10/10.
Isn't the direction still restricted to your weapon's sights? Plus I think this only matters at long ranges, and otherwise isn't very noticeable. Nonetheless the player still has more control over the situation than everybody having a flat 30% chance for a bullet to fire.

D

Deleted member 436996

No.
First of all, how is it op at any point, as someone stated above. And I mean, don't take me wrong, but the aim of that modifier is spleefing people.
Also, the abilities you suggested are very overpowered.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
Top Bottom