Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
On every lucky islands map, there exists a single rainbow lucky block in the center of the map. The loot that comes out of these lucky blocks is meant to be overpowered, and is likely designed to incentivize players to go to middle instead of camping at their bases. This was a significant change made in the 1.19 update for cubecraft bedrock. Today, it only has 5 distinct drops, so I find it important to go over each 1, as well as the functionality of rainbow lucky blocks as a whole:

When rainbow lucky blocks were firsts introduced, they only had 3 distinct drops. These drops generally gave the player a powerful, but temporary advantage. I enjoyed this, because it meant that, while rainbow lucky blocks did strongly benefit the player who opens them, their advantage being temporary doesn’t mean they have a game winning advantage. This is why I have a problem with the mega cube. It gives the player 21 diamond lucky blocks, an absolutely absurd number (I’m not sure if any solos map has this much diamond lucky blocks) and typically, players can get a high damage weapon, great armor, enchanted golden apples, and elevators, and at that point they’ve basically already won the game. While I would be happy simply chucking this drop into a volcano, I think it could at least be improved if it had a more reasonable number of diamond lucky blocks, maybe 6, and the rest just normal lucky blocks.

The other drop that wasn’t in the original 3 is the rainbow apple tree. In contrast to the mega cube, this drop is pretty underwhelming. This drops an average of 23 rainbow apples, assuming none of the wool blocks have regular blocks from the map underneath them. They don’t stack, wish is very annoying and should definitely be changed in a QOL update. The effects they give you are rather negligible, and they restore half a hunger bar, so compared to the normal and enchanted golden apples you get from diamond lucky blocks, I would say this drop isn’t good at all.

Next up is the yoink rod, a fishing rod that takes items from other players. In my opinion, this drop is also underwhelming. It’s usually better to just use a sword against you opponents instead of trying to take their items, and this items low durability only makes it worse. I think its a cool concept, but, much like infinitato, I don’t use it much, especially when the diamond lucky blocks at middle give much better wepons and items.

The giga sword is an interesting item. The player essentially gets the hammer from smash bros, and can 1 - hit kill anyone for a duration of 15 seconds. I think this is a good drop, the player gets an overpowered item, but doesn’t automatically get a permanent game winning condition. My only Jussieu is if an opponent is trying to kill your with it, there isn’t much you can do to fight back, but I don’t have much ideas on how to improve or fix this.

Lastly, is 15 seconds of flight. I really like this drop, since you get another fun and powerful advantage, but players with wepons are still able to fight back. Not much feedback to give here, I want this drop to stay.

Overall, I enjoy the drops that either give players a spevial item or effect for a limited time or number of uses, and I wish cubecraft continued with this pattern. I think cubecraft should focus on giving this lucky block more drops instead of the regular lucky block, as it doesn’t take long to figure out every drop compared to other lucky blocks, and in general, lucky blocks should be as unpredictable as possible. If you want to see some of my ideas, I listed them in “feedback on new lucky block types” although I’m sure team cube can come up with their own ideas.

I want to mention is how rainbow lucky blocks work in overpowered. They are the only lucky blocks that regenerate, specifically, they regenerate (I believe) 2 minutes after they are broken. I think this is an awesome mechanic and wish it were in every mode. A lot of times, especially in lucky islands, you get players who skybase or camp in general. By making this block regenerate, players who choose to control center and stick to the ground get the rewards of the rainbow lucky block. I think it should be 2 minutes normally, and 1 minute in overpowered mode.

I also think cubecraft might want to consider making the rainbow lucky block not generate immediately upon the start of the game. In solos, you only need a couple of blocks in most maps (village being an excepotion) to make it to middle, and in maps like scorched, you can make it to middle in zero blocks, without even sprinting. The issue is that rainbow lucky blocks always get stolen by whoever rushes them firsts, unless multiple rushers rush it at once, in that case one player can typically snag it while 2 other players are fighting. A cooldown would give all players enough time to get loot to survive at middle, and rushers would still be able to snag the diamond lucky blocks at middle, which honestly gives them a huge advantage on its own.

My last suggestion was inspired by Hoshi in the new block types thread I talked about earlier. Randomizing the location of rainbow lucky blocks is a great, albeit possibly technically challenging idea that would encourage players to explore and make games less repetitive. In the map changes to pirate, trapped chest locations were randomized, so I feel like this might actually be possible.

Thats it for this weeks suggestion. I definitely had a lot to say and have a lot of separate opinions on this topic. If you managed to read this far, I would like to know your thoughts on these feedback threads. Not only am I curious about what other people think about these topics, but I would appreciate any feedback about making better feedback threads in the future. Last weeks post got no replies or reactions at all, which I was a little disappointed by, especially since I tried to keep it short. These feedback threads aren’t going anywhere, and there is still so much I want to do for lucky islands and it’s community.
Last weeks thread

Last edited:

VisoredTrack494

Novice Member
Jun 7, 2022
As a lucky islands lover I have a lot of things to say with these last two updates, and in general there are more bad things than good ones but the reality is that no matter how much you write about a game on this forum, most of the time you will just be ignored. I'm only going to give my opinion regarding what you wrote.

This is why I have a problem with the mega cube. It gives the player 21 diamond lucky blocks, an absolutely absurd number
Absolutely agree, a stack of 6 diamond lucky blocks would be enough

They don’t stack, wish is very annoying and should definitely be changed in a QOL update.
They could make those apples stackable but I think it would be better if a tree spawns and then it drops the rainbow apples every now and then just like the golden apples trees work in giga blockwars and the tree could stay for the entire match (in op it would disappear when a new rainbow lucky blocks spawns)

The giga sword
This is a very very unfair drop, the sword should also disappear after you kill someone, the other day I killed 4 people with it

Lastly, is 15 seconds of flight
Another unfair drop (In my opinion), once you fly and you touch the ground you should lose the effect and/or after you hit someone

You get what I’m trying to explain? Make the drops a bit less op to make the game more interesting, now lucky islands is full of rushers because of the rainbow lucky block, adding a cooldown for it it’s a good idea, the rainbow lucky block should spawn after 1 minute or so, anyway lucky islands games last like 2.5 minutes on average, or make the rainbow lucky block only breakable with a pickaxe?
I know everyone can play as they want, I don’t have any problem with the rushers, I just don’t like the way lucky islands is being developed

• Heart
Reactions: Roxrock

Snowwyyy

Apr 5, 2020
The Far Lucky Islands
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree with everything you said except the part of mega lucky blocks. I agree with reducing the amount but not to 6 diamond blocks, reducing from 21 by half is more reasonable (12) for an obvious reason: Rainbow lucky blocks are powerful blocks and should drop powerful items, and these 6 blocks might now give you anything useful (like 2 raw muton steaks...). By reducing the quantity of diamond blocks, you killed the block's strength.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
As a lucky islands lover I have a lot of things to say with these last two updates, and in general there are more bad things than good ones but the reality is that no matter how much you write about a game on this forum, most of the time you will just be ignored. I'm only going to give my opinion regarding what you wrote.

They could make those apples stackable but I think it would be better if a tree spawns and then it drops the rainbow apples every now and then just like the golden apples trees work in giga blockwars and the tree could stay for the entire match (in op it would disappear when a new rainbow lucky blocks spawns)

This is a very very unfair drop, the sword should also disappear after you kill someone, the other day I killed 4 people with it

Another unfair drop (In my opinion), once you fly and you touch the ground you should lose the effect and/or after you hit someone

You get what I’m trying to explain? Make the drops a bit less op to make the game more interesting, now lucky islands is full of rushers because of the rainbow lucky block, adding a cooldown for it it’s a good idea, the rainbow lucky block should spawn after 1 minute or so, anyway lucky islands games last like 2.5 minutes on average, or make the rainbow lucky block only breakable with a pickaxe?
I know everyone can play as they want, I don’t have any problem with the rushers, I just don’t like the way lucky islands is being developed
  1. (I’m using a list because idk how to multiquote) Yeah, I agree that now that I’m familiar and adjusted to the new updates, I will always regret that I didn’t play the old version more. I honestly didn’t even like it when OP mode was introduced, but the 3 recent updates have changed everything. I admit that I also think these will never get added, few suggestions ever get the attention of a dev, and in general, lucky islands doesn’t receive a whole lot of attention compared to other modes.
  2. I actually like both of these ideas
  3. Yeah, that’s what I meant when I said it has no way of being countered. I think giving it 1 durability is a good enough solution, although I wouldn’t say it’s perfect. What if the sword had something like sharpness 20, but it’s sharpness level decreased each second, similarly to the god axe?
  4. I honestly don’t think this drop is that unfair, although it does admittedly give players high speed. I think taking away a players flight would be a little complicated for new players to understand.
  5. I think I get what you’re saying, although I believe diamond lucky blocks are half the problem, after transitioning to a rusher myself, Ive realized how much more overpowered diamond lucky blocks are to normal ones. I also am fine with rushers, I just wish it wasn’t the meta for the game. I feel like old lucky islands was focused on creativity, tactics, and rationing your resources, while the new lucky islands is based on luck, reaction time, and basic fighting.
I’m glad to hear from someone else who’s played the pre 1.19 lucky islands as much as I have. I definitely look up to you more than any other player and am grateful for you providing this feedback.

Reactions: VisoredTrack494

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree with everything you said except the part of mega lucky blocks. I agree with reducing the amount but not to 6 diamond blocks, reducing from 21 by half is more reasonable (12) for an obvious reason: Rainbow lucky blocks are powerful blocks and should drop powerful items, and these 6 blocks might now give you anything useful (like 2 raw muton steaks...). By reducing the quantity of diamond blocks, you killed the block's strength.
I think that 6 is still reasonable as long as it is supplemented by enough regular lucky blocks. If it were to remain a cube of 27 blocks total, 21 normal lucky blocks would still give the player a lot of resources, and I chose 6 because the arrangement of the lucky blocks can remain symmetrical. Compared to the other drops (rainbow apple tree, yoink rod) I do not think this drop would be relatively underpowered.

Snowwyyy

Apr 5, 2020
The Far Lucky Islands
Pronouns
He/Him
I think that 6 is still reasonable as long as it is supplemented by enough regular lucky blocks. If it were to remain a cube of 27 blocks total, 21 normal lucky blocks would still give the player a lot of resources, and I chose 6 because the arrangement of the lucky blocks can remain symmetrical. Compared to the other drops (rainbow apple tree, yoink rod) I do not think this drop would be relatively underpowered.
The problem is these threads aren't getting enough attention even though they are pretty much important. I enjoyed pre-1.19 lucky islands so much that I became a sweat. Agree with everything you said.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
The problem is these threads aren't getting enough attention even though they are pretty much important. I enjoyed pre-1.19 lucky islands so much that I became a sweat. Agree with everything you said.
I think there are a lot of reasons these haven’t been getting attention. The forums feels like it’s less active than it once was, and since no suggestions get automatically forwarded anymore, people care less about feedback. Lucky Islands is a game mode a lot of people probably don’t care about, so they ignore these threads. My feedback is also lengthy and detailed, I wouldn’t be surprised if most people don’t read it all. From what I could tell, the lucky islands community seemed like it was more active a year ago.
My hope is that when developers do look for feedback, they see that I put a lot of care into creating these posts despite receiving little attention for it and consider some of these ideas. The only other significant source of lucky islands feedback are H0peful’s posts, which have attracted attention of developers in the past. When this game receives future updates, I don’t want to be blamed for not sharing my own feedback and letting the game continue to decline.
Right now, I’m a 15 year old stuck in 3 AP classes and probably soon to get a job, so I don’t think I can do much to grow this community alone. I’ll keep working on my guide when I get the chance, keep making these feedback threads, and keep discovering and reporting new bugs. Hopefully once I’m in college with more time and maturity, I’ll be able to take matters into my own hands. Lucky Islands is a game that is very special to me that I am willing to fight hard for in order for it to remain.

VisoredTrack494

Novice Member
Jun 7, 2022
I feel like old lucky islands was focused on creativity, tactics, and rationing your resources
You couldn't explain it better, I play lucky islands since its beta phase on bedrock and before that I played it on java, now there is too much loot that doesnt add anything to the game, personally I feel that I dont use the wands or the special bows as much as before, games were funnier before 1.19, now as you say, it's just fight-fight-fight, you don't need to think much and that’s so sad, I used to play like 30 games (everyday) in a row without getting bored and now I barely can play 6 games and left the server for some days again…

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom