Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Food lucky blocks and blocks lucky blocks are lucky blocks that each player starts out with at the beginning of the game, and their mechanics are rather self explanatory. Because they are so simmular, I find it necessary to address them both in one thread. This also focuses on the solos mode of lucky islands and how it has been effected in particular by these lucky block types. I conducted a sample of the drops of these lucky blocks here, although it doesn’t necessarily include every possible drop.

My first issue is how these lucky blocks are obtained. I don't like that each player, regardless of the kit they choose, gets one. It makes certain kits, like the builder and chef kits, less useful, because players start out with food and blocks anyway. I think that while these lucky blocks should be given to players if they choose a specific kit, I don't think everyone should start out with one in their inventory. I always prefer exploring the map to find resources on my starter island, rather than just spawning in with the loot already in my inventory. I think that at least in solos, these should be lucky blocks that can be found on starter island. On maps that have more space between islands, starter islands could have more blocks lucky blocks, rather than giving the player the same amount each time.

On many solos maps, like candy, scorched, pirate, nether, vortex, pond, luck, and food, you need no more than 3 block to get to middle. On scorched, you can get around the whole map in no blocks, and you don't even have to sprint once to get to middle. When cubecraft added these blocks, I think they were only focusing on team lucky islands. It would make sense to start players out with lucky blocks, to ensure each player gets a fair amount of basic resources. It also requires significantly more blocks to make it to middle on some maps, like science, Stonehenge, and ducks. While keeping parity between these games has some benefits for development, I think the games themselves could be improved if they are allowed to deviate slightly from each other.

In solos, the extra blocks you get from blocks lucky blocks effects the balance of blocks in each game. Before they were introduced, lucky islands, unlike eggwars, skywars, and block wars, forced players to ration resources such as blocks, rather than giving them an excess amount. It helped the game stand out from these other modes and enjoyed it a lot. Not only has the balance of blocks been thrown off by blocks lucky blocks, but moss blocks being added to a handful of maps and stacks of ancient debris being found in the center of nether has obliterated the scarcity of blocks.

I have less of a problem with food lucky blocks, although I wish it had a more consistent loot quality. I get that lucky islands is meant to be luck based, but giving players enchanted golden apples and 5 golden apples from these lucky blocks is really overpowered. On the other hand, drops like spider eyes and pufferfish might as well not drop anything at all, as they have no practical use in a game.

This probably concludes my feedback on block types for the time being, as I don’t see glitched lucky blocks important enough to dedicate an entire thread to.
Last weeks thread

Last edited:

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Food lucky blocks and blocks lucky blocks are lucky blocks that each player starts out with at the beginning of the game, and their mechanics are rather self explanatory. Because they are so simmular, I find it necessary to address them both in one thread. This also focuses on the solos mode of lucky islands and how it has been effected in particular by these lucky block types. I conducted a sample of the drops of these lucky blocks here, although it doesn’t necessarily include every possible drop.

My first issue is how these lucky blocks are obtained. I don't like that each player, regardless of the kit they choose, gets one. It makes certain kits, like the builder and chef kits, less useful, because players start out with food and blocks anyway. I think that while these lucky blocks should be given to players if they choose a specific kit, I don't think everyone should start out with one in their inventory. I always prefer exploring the map to find resources on my starter island, rather than just spawning in with the loot already in my inventory. I think that at least in solos, these should be lucky blocks that can be found on starter island. On maps that have more space between islands, starter islands could have more blocks lucky blocks, rather than giving the player the same amount each time.

On many solos maps, like candy, scorched, pirate, nether, vortex, pond, luck, and food, you need no more than 3 block to get to middle. On scorched, you can get around the whole map in no blocks, and you don't even have to sprint once to get to middle. When cubecraft added these blocks, I think they were only focusing on team lucky islands. It would make sense to start players out with lucky blocks, to ensure each player gets a fair amount of basic resources. It also requires significantly more blocks to make it to middle on some maps, like science, Stonehenge, and ducks. While keeping parity between these games has some benefits for development, I think the games themselves could be improved if they are allowed to deviate slightly from each other.

In solos, the extra blocks you get from blocks lucky blocks effects the balance of blocks in each game. Before they were introduced, lucky islands, unlike eggwars, skywars, and block wars, forced players to ration resources such as blocks, rather than giving them an excess amount. It helped the game stand out from these other modes and enjoyed it a lot. Not only has the balance of blocks been thrown off by blocks lucky blocks, but moss blocks being added to a handful of maps and stacks of ancient debris being found in the center of nether has obliterated the scarcity of blocks.

I have less of a problem with food lucky blocks, although I wish it had a more consistent loot quality. I get that lucky islands is meant to be luck based, but giving players enchanted golden apples and 5 golden apples from these lucky blocks is really overpowered. On the other hand, drops like spider eyes and pufferfish might as well not drop anything at all, as they have no practical use in a game.

This probably concludes my feedback on block types for the time being, as I don’t see glitched lucky blocks important enough to dedicate an entire thread to.
IMO, for Lucky Islands Squads keep both the food and block lucky blocks when you spawn. But for solos, remove the blocks but keep the food. I say this because when you have no armour and you get u lucky and attacked by a hostile mob they can deal a LOT of damage and it is very useful to spawn in with food (even if it’s junk like berries, it’s still better than nothing).
Also, like @Cube Nerd mentioned, remove sand from the blocks lucky block. In this case, nothing is better than sand, lol.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
Top Bottom