Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, currently there is a big problem with challenges in relation to td.

Challenges such as "send 75 troops in tower defence" or "place 12 towers in tower defence" have lots of people who like to do challenges joining, doing there challenge within a minute or so and then leaving in a game where having just 1 less teammate is a huge disadvanatage

There is an easy way to fix this big problem which will 1. maybe make people understand and like td which is a game that for some reason people hate tho they've played about 10minutes of it and 2. not leave people with less teammates.

fix: the fix to this problem is always have the person finish the game, challenge examples include: "Win a game of tower defence"
"Send 100 troops and win a game of tower defence"
"Place 20 towers and win a game of tower defence"

these simple but crutial changes will make a big difference to a huge problem.

Frontlane

🦦
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey!
I kind of agree, but I would suggest to just change it to, for example: "finish a game of tower defence and send 100 troops". That way the challenge stays the same but people won't leave and just play the game, which is the purpose of these challenges. Also, winning a game of TD is harder than sending the troops or placing towers, and as it already is a challenge to win a game, I wouldn't add too much onto that.
Have a great rest of your day!

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I dont agree. This will make doing challenges take more time and be more tedious. Also, winning a game of tower defense is kinda based on luck (if you not in a party) because you need a good team, so winning kinda is based on if you team is good or if the other team is bad

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I dont agree. This will make doing challenges take more time and be more tedious. Also, winning a game of tower defense is kinda based on luck (if you not in a party) because you need a good team, so winning kinda is based on if you team is good or if the other team is bad
Same point can be applied to eggwars, skywars and lucky islands, everything. Should we remove them games?

D

Deleted member 347571

Hello!

I have experienced this as well when i played this game with friends, i definitely agree with you but i might have a better solution.

Players should not be able to complete this challenge if they leave the game. If they did the challenge and just leave afterwards they would not complete the challenge.

Reactions: Matriox

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Ur point was that its about luck whether you have a good team or not, that can be applied to any game
Not really. In td, your limited by how many monsters you can send, which in turn means your limited by how many players you have. In other games its your pvp skill and game knowledge vs the other teams, which isn't limited by how many teammates you have. Having more teammates can definitely help, but if you know what you're doing it shouldnt be a problem in then end.

Again, I dont agree with this suggestion, sorry.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Not really. In td, your limited by how many monsters you can send, which in turn means your limited by how many players you have. In other games its your pvp skill and game knowledge vs the other teams, which isn't limited by how many teammates you have. Having more teammates can definitely help, but if you know what you're doing it shouldnt be a problem in then end.

Again, I dont agree with this suggestion, sorry.
No, but ok

D

Deleted member 347571

It's called "Challanges" for a reason, it is supposed to be hard. Keeping it like this will only annoy the Tower Defence players.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
No, but ok
Such a strong argument.

There is no reason to implement what you are suggesting. What if someone has enough time do complete the td challenges but doesnt have enough time or doesnt want to do a full game of td? That would be unfair to those players.

Provide stronger evidence and I might agree, but for now, no.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Such a strong argument.

There is no reason to implement what you are suggesting. What if someone has enough time do complete the td challenges but doesnt have enough time or doesnt want to do a full game of td? That would be unfair to those players.

Provide stronger evidence and I might agree, but for now, no.
I haven't understood anything you've siad, your whole argument is that games take long that's the whole point games can take long but with challenges u introduce more people to the game and they get better with much shorter games

Can u answer the question, is it 1. Fair that someone can join and then straight away leave a td game and get a challenge done and 2.is it fair to the people in that game that they are down a player?

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I haven't understood anything you've siad, your whole argument is that games take long that's the whole point games can take long but with challenges u introduce more people to the game and they get better with much shorter games

Can u answer the question, is it 1. Fair that someone can join and then straight away leave a td game and get a challenge done and 2.is it fair to the people in that game that they are down a player?
Point is you could have time do to the challenges but maybe not play a full game of td. If this were implemented, having to play a full game of td could mean not completing the challenges which would be frustrating.

As I said before, if having less teammates bothers you, you can always leave.

Thankfully this has 6 disagrees and 1 disagree so it probs wont be implemented.

Thanks

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Point is you could have time do to the challenges but maybe not play a full game of td. If this were implemented, having to play a full game of td could mean not completing the challenges which would be frustrating.

As I said before, if having less teammates bothers you, you can always leave.

Thankfully this has 6 disagrees and 1 disagree so it probs wont be implemented.

Thanks
Ur argument is clearly just based on u not being good at td and it taking to long but ok

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Ur argument is clearly just based on u not being good at td and it taking to long but ok
There is quite a difference at being bad at td and now wanting to/ not having the time to do a full game.

When I'm online with my friends, I'll happily play td all day long. However, those friends aren't online very much these days so I dont want to play a full game.

A better argument for you to use is provide evidence and reason in your argument, rather than attacking and discrediting mine.

Again, this should not be implemented.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
There is quite a difference at being bad at td and now wanting to/ not having the time to do a full game.

When I'm online with my friends, I'll happily play td all day long. However, those friends aren't online very much these days so I dont want to play a full game.

A better argument for you to use is provide evidence and reason in your argument, rather than attacking and discrediting mine.

Again, this should not be implemented.
My evidence is playing td for the past couple of years. Seeing people join, place 12 towers and leave

Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom