Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
View attachment 137817
292.jpg

PLAY MORE PAINTBALL EVERYONE!! :'c
I don't play paintball because nobody plays paintball.
Nobody plays paintball because nobody else plays paintball.

It's a paradox

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Mzkb1mR.jpg

"Funny" screenshots don't belong here.

There, I said it!
might I point out that the Muffin whom made this thread had posted a picture of a barn with only the words "the barn" above it
though that may have been a very well-known build (that I wouldn't know)
there needs to be some clarification on what really counts as just a funny screenshot and what counts as a meme
because being technical a meme is considered something repeated multiple times and often with many different variations, so any screenshot whether it has text above/below/both is not grammatically speaking a meme, even though it fits the criteria
but technical speech apart might I mention there is only 1 main difference between this
and this
is that on 1 it is a raw screenshot and on the other it has text on the top and the rest explains the whole thing
but that is okay to be called a meme but the other isn't what you are likely considering a meme
now I am not saying what Deeds said was specifically much of a meme, just as you describe a funny screenshot, but that doesn't make it all of a bad post or an irrelevant post as I said earlier any screenshot isn't technically a meme so none of the examples would be but apparently this thread doesn't specifically mean it

I also like to point out that I just spent a solid 10-15 minutes typing about the credibility of a meme and what is/isn't a meme

Now I will never get that time back...
This is my life now

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
might I point out that the Muffin whom made this thread had posted a picture of a barn with only the words "the barn" above it
though that may have been a very well-known build (that I wouldn't know)
there needs to be some clarification on what really counts as just a funny screenshot and what counts as a meme
because being technical a meme is considered something repeated multiple times and often with many different variations, so any screenshot whether it has text above/below/both is not grammatically speaking a meme, even though it fits the criteria
but technical speech apart might I mention there is only 1 main difference between this

and this

is that on 1 it is a raw screenshot and on the other it has text on the top and the rest explains the whole thing
but that is okay to be called a meme but the other isn't what you are likely considering a meme
now I am not saying what Deeds said was specifically much of a meme, just as you describe a funny screenshot, but that doesn't make it all of a bad post or an irrelevant post as I said earlier any screenshot isn't technically a meme so none of the examples would be but apparently this thread doesn't specifically mean it

I also like to point out that I just spent a solid 10-15 minutes typing about the credibility of a meme and what is/isn't a meme

Now I will never get that time back...
This is my life now
As much as I'd like to argue about memes here, I'll just leave it at: screenshots themselves shouldn't be posted here.
Adding captions? Okay, you do you. Editing the image for a better experience? Go for it.
But just an untouched screenshot? No thank you!

pls, just make it funny (I know this is subjective, but try your best)

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
As much as I'd like to argue about memes here, I'll just leave it at: screenshots themselves shouldn't be posted here.
Adding captions? Okay, you do you. Editing the image for a better experience? Go for it.
But just an untouched screenshot? No thank you!

pls, just make it funny (I know this is subjective, but try your best)
Firstly I am surprised that you actually read through that entire message without saying "there is no way he is actually being serious about posting a paragraph just about the definition of a meme" and secondly this isn't just me saying oh if all screenshots shouldn't than why are just screenshots with text fair, I am more doing that for saying as a presumed reply from you, saying what "funny screenshots meant"
I completely understood what you are saying but I was saying this so you're reply would clarify that because for some reason I don't think if I ever say something about clarifying what a different person meant, people don't believe it and ignore it

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Omg mosquitoes kept me up all night again :(
iTz1Hamood wrote on Hqteful's profile.
Thanks for accepting my report :)
W moderator!
JustNathie wrote on Kloska's profile.
💜
JustNathie wrote on caraMel's profile.
💜
JustNathie wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
💜
Top Bottom