Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should those 2 words or things that come close be blacklisted?

• Yes, its annoying when people say that. Add it to the blacklisted words.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • No, just accept it.

Votes: 31 88.6%

• Total voters

Maserati

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2018
Sometimes when i get killed people say either noob or loser
I know that in the past 'Noob' was on the blacklist of words that you weren't allowed to say.
So, what is your opinion?

Maserati

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2018
Sometimes when i get killed people say either noob or loser
I know that in the past 'Noob' was on the blacklist of words that you weren't allowed to say.
So, what is your opinion?
I forgot to add a response, can i add that?

Maserati

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2018
You are free to just ignore it. Yes, it's annoying, but really not the be all end all thing. We have a convenient /ignore command that allows you to ignore anyone (except staff) and you won't see their messages in chat anymore.
It's hard to type ignore for everyone everytime i join a game, and by the same they said noob its kind of too late, but yeah, i get your point.

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
The word 'Noob' is maybe one of the oldest 'swearword' in the game industry. It means: Beginner. It doesn't sound bad and can even be used as a joke. Just let it go and move on to your next game. Don't put this word on the blacklist. Don't let yourself down because someone says 'Noob' to you. Some people need to make people feel bad after a win. That's how people are. And that's how the internet works.

Last edited:

EmoPixie

Oct 7, 2017
Sadly, this is the way of the internet. When people win a game, what they should say is "gg" or "good job", but people just aren't like that. Yes, it could take a while to type /ignore {Name} to everyone after every game, but if it annoys you as much as you say it does, then it shouldn't be a problem. Sometimes you have to accept the fact that when someone says "Noob", it doesn't mean you suck or you're bad at the game, just that they have nothing better to do with that small amount of time of them winning the game and when you are teleported back to the lobby. But, putting it bluntly, just do /Ignore {Name}.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
If you want to mute the entire server, block "noob", "loser" and make them mutable. Sometimes people use it to make a joke (I mean, look at my name), sometimes not, but it is nothing too bad and I think we can all live through it.

Reactions: SenatorKarma

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Both swear words, both shouldn't be taken serious -especially when a tryharder with a q in their name calls you like that-
"Scum" isn't a swear word and I think that "noob" is also a non-swear word. I suggest you to read threads properly (in that case, my thread) next time. I posted the meanings of the 2 words and now I see that you still don't know them. Read this before you comment: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scum&amp=true
If you don't know what noob means, you can always google it and educate yourself.
"Noob" has absolutely nothing to do with "scum". And I already proved it on my thread, but yes... we need to read properly.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
"Scum" isn't a swear word and I think that "noob" is also a non-swear word. I suggest you to read threads properly (in that case, my thread) next time. I posted the meanings of the 2 words and now I see that you still don't know it. Read this before you comment: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scum&amp=true
"Noob" has absolutely nothing to do with "scum". And I already proved it on my thread, but yes... we need to read properly.
but yes... we dont need to get offended easily -for sure on the internet

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
but yes... we dont need to get offended easily -for sure on the internet
I feel like I need to tell you something because it seems like many people think the opposite.
You are not the only person in the server. Your friends, even your family (if they play) are not the only people in the server. There are many people you don't know absolutely nothing about, therefore you can't know what their reaction would be. Yes, what I mean is you can't know how they would react if someone calls them a "scum" or if someone tells them "go kys". I guess that's one of the reasons there are chat rules and if we follow your logic, we need to remove them all because people should learn not to get offended when they are on the internet?

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant
You are free to just ignore it. Yes, it's annoying, but really not the be all end all thing. We have a convenient /ignore command that allows you to ignore anyone (except staff) and you won't see their messages in chat anymore.
Not all staff. You can ignore builders too

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉
New suggestion coming shortly …
I just realized how friendly and non toxic the CubeCraft community is (unlike other communities)! I never felt this recognized in my life. Never had this many wishes! Thank you all again for the wishes!❤️
Never felt the feeling of recognition 😭
Top Bottom