Votes: 40 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 36.2%

• Total voters

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
So Cubecraft went for the safe route (the games that already were popular) instead of taking the risk of trying to update other games to make them popular too.

Going the "safe route" is not necessarily a bad thing.

There's a lot going around about potential, but potential doesn't mean anything if people don't enjoy the core game play of the game itself. What is potential in the first place? Well taking the literal definition, it's:
upload_2018-10-27_16-25-8.png

In this context, it's adding new features (e.g. world events, kits, abilities). But looking at the updates aimed at various games such as Survival Games or Battle Zone, they didn't in the end managed to keep the games alive for long (though Battle Zone did have a nice run, but it was practically impossible for a game to start after peak hours). So what does this mean? Are the updates not the "right" updates, or are people simply not enjoying playing these games?

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
Going the "safe route" is not necessarily a bad thing.

There's a lot going around about potential, but potential doesn't mean anything if people don't enjoy the core game play of the game itself. What is potential in the first place? Well taking the literal definition, it's:
View attachment 149246
In this context, it's adding new features (e.g. world events, kits, abilities). But looking at the updates aimed at various games such as Survival Games or Battle Zone, they didn't in the end managed to keep the games alive for long (though Battle Zone did have a nice run, but it was practically impossible for a game to start after peak hours). So what does this mean? Are the updates not the "right" updates, or are people simply not enjoying playing these games?

I didn't mean to say that.And in defense of the games(blockwars) I will say that they were in a cycle in which, as they were less popular, they were less updated and that made them less popula,and they were less upd...

iiJqlian_

Novice Member
May 3, 2018
SpeedEggwars
Look buddy i'm sad that the old games are gone to, and i have made several forums of it myself. but i think now its time to accept the past and move forwards as much as it may hurt. Move on!
Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end. let's have trust for once.

Reactions: God.

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
He meant what was "old cubecraft" specifically to the owner of the thread. Everyone has their own opinion on when "old cubecraft" is.
His English isn't the best. He could at least try to be more clear instead of only saying "what is the old Cubecraft of you" 'cause that's super confusing.

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
when i joined there were between 8k and 16k players and a lot of updates every week .but from the battle zone update the number of players started to go down because bedrock was relased, we currently have a bedrock update every week and a java update every month.

but say "bring back the old cubecraft" is not helpfull, you has to give"ideas" for bring the "old cubecraft" back

Reactions: God.

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
  1. MineCraft in general is dying, and that's the reason why some servers die slowly.
  2. Hosting games cost money. You can't just say "Hey this server is dead, re-add the old games!", because they were removed for a reason: They were rarely played, or the games were filled with bugs. Hosting games that are not loved by a community costs money, and the same applies to fixing bugs.

As far as I am aware minecraft it's not dying,it's just no more popular(it has passed more than 9 years since it came out and fortnite has take his place as a popular game),and its players are spread out in the large number of different versions of the game

Also I think one of the reasons the servers are dying is because most of the games have already been seen and there is not much innovation.

idontevenplaythisgame

Oct 28, 2015
If they allow small things like:
Skywars solo teaming
Trolling
Advertising yt/twitch
Team skywars crossteaming

The server would already be much better
So ccg isnt that hard to fix

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Ow shut up tryhard you know this has to be done. Nobody plays this server because its too strict and boring
You could say the same thing for other, high player servers though right?
- Solo Teaming - It’s solo, if you want to team, play team. That’s why that exists. Same applies for cross teaming in Team SW, get in a map with a bigger team limit.
- Trolling - If you get trolled and get annoyed at it, wouldn’t you want something done? Or will you just brush it off and say “well the server isn’t strict so I don’t care!!!!”, people get annoyed by it, as do we, so we punish for it.

idontevenplaythisgame

Oct 28, 2015
You could say the same thing for other, high player servers though right?
- Solo Teaming - It’s solo, if you want to team, play team. That’s why that exists. Same applies for cross teaming in Team SW, get in a map with a bigger team limit.
- Trolling - If you get trolled and get annoyed at it, wouldn’t you want something done? Or will you just brush it off and say “well the server isn’t strict so I don’t care!!!!”, people get annoyed by it, as do we, so we punish for it.
And this reaction just explained why nobody likes this server anymore whatever you are going to change it wont help. The server is dead because of the updates.

And also camping isnt allowed in skywars.. in SKY
WARS
Thats just dumb. And another reason why people quit

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
And this reaction just explained why nobody likes this server anymore whatever you are going to change it wont help. The server is dead because of the updates.

And also camping isnt allowed in skywars.. in SKY
WARS
Thats just dumb. And another reason why people quit
*doesn't back up his points, then ignores everything another person has said and responds with an irrelevant (and incorrect!) statement*
I'd personally love to understand this logic of yours. Would you please actually explain why your points are accurate and what what Youn said is "a reason that nobody likes this server anymore"?

idontevenplaythisgame

Oct 28, 2015
*doesn't back up his points, then ignores everything another person has said and responds with an irrelevant (and incorrect!) statement*
I'd personally love to understand this logic of yours. Would you please actually explain why your points are accurate and what what Youn said is "a reason that nobody likes this server anymore"?
To show all my points i will compare skywars a few years ago and now.

Solo skywars few years ago:
Okay lets loot my chest and search for a secret one.
Ow that guy is coming to me and wants to team! Mh.. but i dont really trust him. Lets just accept and kill him later when he doesnt expect it. Lets build a skybase so we are difficult to reach! *lots of fun building and protecting the base* owno my mate just got punched with a bow with punch 3! xD. A guy asked me to team so we can do 2v2 lets do that! Yeah i won! GG. Someone just asked me how to enable fly, i said alt f4 xD.

Skywars solo now.
OKAY BREAK THE CHEST WITH MY AXE JUMP TO MID RUSH TO AN ISLAND WITH SPEED AND JUMPBOOS 3. *got killed*
Player: stupid hacker you noob cant play lol learn the game
Okay lets try different tactic..
Hey mate lets tea.. *BANNED*
Okay i will just build some blocks in the sky.. *BANND*
Hey guys you want to watch and play my strea.. *MUTED*
"How to fly?"
Press alt f4... *MUTED*
"Okay this server is stupid lets play on a different one"
You
Are
Not
Allowed
To
Do
ANYTHING EXCEPT TRYHARDING

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
lyyy x
Just got off work and have to wake up in 5,5 hours for school tomorrow… :sadnoot:
Sleep well cuties ❤️
endertom100 wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
happyyy birthdayyyy!!!!! ^-^
qKhalidd wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLUB
Top Bottom