Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Cubecraft return the /votekick command?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snivy Films

Jun 3, 2016
[Location Unknown]
Before I start I am well aware that there are many forum post about this.
Well with that out of the way I was thinking about one thing ever sense it was removed, it is the /votekick command, I believe in that players should have some sort of power to vote kick a player that is AFK, Trolling, or being useless to the team by not helping the team to take care of a troublesome issue (like taking out a Giant in Tower Defense) or winning the objective/game. A counter argument can be either what happens if they are experiencing a lot of ping/lag or if they are new to the game, which is a fair point, but most games tells you what to do or that is clear what to do. Communication is key in most if not all of cube crafts games so if they are oblivious we can help them, but overall the /votekick command should return in my opinion to be a back up if a player doesn't listen or return from AFK land. Maybe it was removed for a reason that I don't remember but I feel like removing it was a bad idea and it should return to Cubecraft to aid good playing players from the trolling playing players.

Feel free to vote on this with the poll.

Thanks for reading this.
-Snivy14

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
I've lost count over how many times I have seen this posted since the update including 1 by myself, so I doubt very much that it will make a comeback, alternatives so this issue have been suggested a million times to, again nothing! I would vote but like I said it's pointless.

Snivy Films

Jun 3, 2016
[Location Unknown]
I've lost count over how many times I have seen this posted since the update including 1 by myself, so I doubt very much that it will make a comeback, alternatives so this issue have been suggested a million times to, again nothing! I would vote but like I said it's pointless.
Yeah, I agree but it doesn't hurt to try to say the very least.
There was this time that a Manager said that "I think that the kick feature is good if your team mate is AFK, trolling or messing up the game."
Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 7.44.11 AM.png

So what gives, a member of Management said that it is a good thing to have

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
There was this time that a Manager said that "I think that the kick feature is good if your team mate is AFK, trolling or messing up the game."
View attachment 145428
I understand you, but @Spuuuni is right as well. People who like to just kick their entire team out of the game can easily abuse this command. I've had enough times that players are just standing AFK at a generator in Eggwars and believe me. That's very frustrating.

Maybe the staff team will discuss about it, I don't know. But we'll see I guess.

Snivy Films

Jun 3, 2016
[Location Unknown]
I understand you, but @Spuuuni is right as well. People who like to just kick their entire team out of the game can easily abuse this command. I've had enough times that players are just standing AFK at a generator in Eggwars and believe me. That's very frustrating.

Maybe the staff team will discuss about it, I don't know. But we'll see I guess.
I see your concern, maybe having a limit of 1 vote kick per player per game seems fair in my opinion, so it won't get easily abused

L

Lightning McQueen

Team trolling is more harmful than team kick abuse

D

Deleted member 59979

Firstly, its been said already. It would still get heavily abused. No matter what you try and do there will always be people out they who would abuse it.

Secondly,
View attachment 145428

@Camezonda said this almost 2 years ago and it hasnt been implemented. I think this means its highly unlikely they are going to add it back. If they were they would have put it in already as there have been TD updates since then

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hello, just to note that the image above about myself stating that the votekick is a good feature was when I was not a staff member nor a member of management. After looking into Tower Defence, from becoming a staff member and a member of Management and I personally agree that removing the votekick feature was a good idea. I understand that people miss the feature, but more people abused the feature than used it. I guarantee that if it was added back, around 10+ threads would be made to ask for it to be removed, it's a battle of adding and removing, and in this situation, removing has won.

Trolling in Tower Defence will always be a thing in some form, but I do have some ideas to combat trolling in terms of placing towers in random places on the map. Voting to remove towers as well could be a future possibility.

Snivy Films

Jun 3, 2016
[Location Unknown]
Hello, just to note that the image above about myself stating that the votekick is a good feature was when I was not a staff member nor a member of management. After looking into Tower Defence, from becoming a staff member and a member of Management and I personally agree that removing the votekick feature was a good idea. I understand that people miss the feature, but more people abused the feature than used it. I guarantee that if it was added back, around 10+ threads would be made to ask for it to be removed, it's a battle of adding and removing, and in this situation, removing has won.

Trolling in Tower Defence will always be a thing in some form, but I do have some ideas to combat trolling in terms of placing towers in random places on the map. Voting to remove towers as well could be a future possibility.

Ok, Thanks, Maybe a vote to remove towers might be a good idea, thanks for your time

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
I like the idea camezonda to vote off a tower, I would like to see a trial run of this being done. Trial runs of updates/changes in all the games cube has should be done as they are important because then you can get our suggestions on if it actually works for the game or not, before it becomes set in stone. This is just my opinion, however no one knows the games like it's players and I think every one will agree with that. Even if u don't agree with some suggestions put forward before the end of the trial period it still should be a thing. I've seen 100s leave cube since 2016, not because they got bored but because they hated what's happened to some games and felt that no matter how much they say what they think is failing with some changes nothing changed because the updates are already set in stone. Again this is just a suggestion.

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net
Before I start I am well aware that there are many forum post about this.
Well with that out of the way I was thinking about one thing ever sense it was removed, it is the /votekick command, I believe in that players should have some sort of power to vote kick a player that is AFK, Trolling, or being useless to the team by not helping the team to take care of a troublesome issue (like taking out a Giant in Tower Defense) or winning the objective/game. A counter argument can be either what happens if they are experiencing a lot of ping/lag or if they are new to the game, which is a fair point, but most games tells you what to do or that is clear what to do. Communication is key in most if not all of cube crafts games so if they are oblivious we can help them, but overall the /votekick command should return in my opinion to be a back up if a player doesn't listen or return from AFK land. Maybe it was removed for a reason that I don't remember but I feel like removing it was a bad idea and it should return to Cubecraft to aid good playing players from the trolling playing players.

Feel free to vote on this with the poll.

Thanks for reading this.
-Snivy14

One word: Yes.

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net

I like that as well.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
i got votekicked once by a bunch of dutch players in a party for absolutely no reason
they made sure to all message me "jajajaja" before i got kicked as well

no thanks

Ahs_Master

Apr 16, 2017
In my studio
www.youtube.com
View attachment 145428
That was back in the day, now I think they don't want it back because of ABUSE.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
-1 it would be abused af for various reasons; getting any members of a team that aren't in a certain party/friend circle out, ppl who think someone's hacking just bc they're better at the game, not contributing much to the team, tryharders to make their entire team put in so much effort they make ppl who put 110% in look CBA, the list goes on.

MasterNicco

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
Would be helpful but people will abuse it or troll random players I really don't agree with this

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Basketman's profile.
does only staff get access to animated profile pictures?
groove_ wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
UncleSuSpect
Eli wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Thank you for the follow!!!
Basketman wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
I have a question. Can we give suggestions for the forums in feedback and suggestions??
Top Bottom