Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should they bring back 40 player maps? (Tea Party, Mushrooms)

• Total voters

Mesbar

Novice Member
Aug 11, 2017
Tea Party was removed because it took 'too long' to start since it was a 40 man player map
However, Mushrooms is also a 40 man player map, but it wasn't removed because management forgot to remove it.
Mushroom games started pretty fast and I've never experienced waiting for more than 20-30 secs for a mushroom game to start. Once management found out Mushrooms was enabled for egg wars, they quickly disabled it. So that meant you could not play Tea Party or Mushroom
Tea Party is the greatest egg wars map ever made. Literally is.
Its balanced, very strategic, and gives everyone a fair chance. You don't have to worry about getting rushed, you can take it easy and have a good time
I'm literally a Tea Party one trick, meaning I ONLY play Tea Party. I have almost 40 days of play time just on Tea Party alone. I've played the other maps and they're so incredibly boring, there's nothing too unique about them and its just frankly not enjoyable
The real reason they removed Tea Party was probably because its 'too competitive' and we all know tacos hates anything that is slightly competitive. None of the staff play egg wars so they wont understand how GODLY Tea Party is
BRING BACK TEA PARTY
BRING BACK TEA PARTY
BRING BACK TEA PARTY

D

Deleted member 59979

You've already gotten an answer on discord. This thread is essentially pointless.
upload_2018-10-11_22-11-6.png

D

Deleted member 59979

YOOO foxic really out here snitching and trying to ruin the egg wars experience for everyone!

n9q5veu.png
Not sure how im ruining anyone's experience or anything. Threads are supposed to be locked after an answer is given.
You also still havent made any counter points to the fact that you were told that its been temporarily disabled for now and will be added when they feel comfortable it will fill fast. Rather than trying to guilt trip me and publicly shame me for doing literally nothing wrong is just a stupid way to go about it. Showing a post of me asking for the thread to be locked due to it being pointless will not make you morally superior to me or make me any worse in any way. You were given an answer by management im not sure what else you are asking for. Sometimes things are exactly what you want so grow up and get over it.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
YOOO foxic really out here snitching and trying to ruin the egg wars experience for everyone!
n9q5veu.png
Not really. She's right.
Again, here's the rundown of why it's gone: Teaparty isn't removed forever, it's just gone until there are seemingly good amounts of players available to play it.

I'm not gonna be locking this thread right now though.

Mesbar

Novice Member
Aug 11, 2017
Heres some reasons why Tea Party should STAY and not be REMOVED(Not even temporarily)
1. The game can start with only 8 players, doesn't need 40 players, the timer starts ticking at 8 players
2. If theres 20 players in the tea party lobby, the game starts in less than 60 seconds
3. Management removed all big maps, they should at least add one to spice things up
4. All the current maps are repetitive. Spawn, rush, win
5. Tea Party was the most popular map
6. Half of the staff team DIDNT even know that tea party & mushroom were disabled, so this is also a way to inform players and staff of managements decision
7. If we don't say anything, management will think that we don't mind BIG maps being locked away, and they'll keep it that way
8. People can't even stream because there is no good big quality map for viewers to enjoy watching
9. Every map is small and ends quickly, they all end within a few minutes if theres average players
10. Moreover this is a suggestion thread, it shouldn't be locked unless it gets really toxic/backwards

They can even add 30 player maps, or have a mini-tea party. We as the egg wars community, want BIG maps, and not these fast paced small maps.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
1. The game can start with only 8 players, doesn't need 40 players, the timer starts ticking at 8 players
Okay, but these games wouldn't be played how Teaparty is intended to be played. A full game of teaparty is what we'd want to see, since that's the intended experience. I've had a small game of teaparty before, and it's really not a challenge and it just feels like a messy version of a 2 player map experience. But that part is just my opinion.

2. If theres 20 players in the tea party lobby, the game starts in less than 60 seconds
Same as the first point, just a smaller impact on the game.

3. Management removed all big maps, they should at least add one to spice things up
I guess? They could use any other map for that too.

4. All the current maps are repetitive. Spawn, rush, win
That mostly describes the 2p maps and a few of the 3p maps. Maps like Dwarven, beach, treehouse and food don't really go down this way. Rushing in these maps is at the risk of being outgeared by those who went to mid at the start.

5. Tea Party was the most popular map
Which is proven by.... what exactly? Did you ask every single person who ever played eggwars for their favorite map?

6. Half of the staff team DIDNT even know that tea party & mushroom were disabled, so this is also a way to inform players and staff of managements decision
It's not really a reason to bring it back either.

7. If we don't say anything, management will think that we don't mind BIG maps being locked away, and they'll keep it that way
Except: They knew the community would be upset. They had no choice but to go through with the update as a whole.

8. People can't even stream because there is no good big quality map for viewers to enjoy watching
Subjective. No comment.

9. Every map is small and ends quickly, they all end within a few minutes if theres average players
A repeat of your 4th point.

10. Moreover this is a suggestion thread, it shouldn't be locked unless it gets really toxic/backwards
Hence why I haven't locked it.

They can even add 30 player maps, or have a mini-tea party. We as the egg wars community, want BIG maps, and not these fast paced small maps.
Maybe. I'm a bigger fan of fast paced maps, since I prefer to be able to handle the game quickly rather than spend 40 minutes fighting the last two teams because they spent a lot of the game just gearing up. But I don't see any issues with adding a smaller version of Teaparty. Maybe it could be 32 players per game instead of 40 for the time being?

Now just to be sure: It's not like I like the change or anything. I liked playing the occasional game of teaparty, so I know how you feel about it.

I miss tea party, and what happened to Whale?
Whale was a summer event map. It was removed when we switched back to the normal lobby instead of the summer one. It might come back next Summer though.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
You've already gotten an answer on discord. This thread is essentially pointless.
View attachment 149048

Trees aswell????
Okay, I know I haven't been much up to date with CCG but these two maps were one of my most played maps! The reason as to why Cubecraft is dropping in playercount is because of removing these really fun games/maps that actually were enjoyed by a lot of players.

Also, I don't think the thread is pointless. Management still may re-consider removing them.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Just to clarify why I voted no: I hated that map a lot. Just my subjective opinion.

Franzoesisch

Oct 15, 2018
Part of being a staff is clapping every decission management does while receiving a pat on the back, no matter changes made no sense, only known cure is stop being part of staff thats when your brain gets to be fully functional and independent again.

Cubecraft will die along Minecraft as a game, not only because isnt popular anymore, also for not listening to community or doing it too late, in all honesty Cubecraft is what it is because no other server hosts games in 1.9 pvp style.

Good luck to yall talking to staff members that doesnt listen, no sarcasm intended tho. Ill leave my vote if its worth of something.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Part of being a staff is clapping every decission management does while receiving a pat on the back, no matter changes made no sense, only known cure is stop being part of staff thats when your brain gets to be fully functional and independent again.

Cubecraft will die along Minecraft as a game, not only because isnt popular anymore, also for not listening to community or doing it too late, in all honesty Cubecraft is what it is because no other server hosts games in 1.9 pvp style.

Good luck to yall talking to staff members that doesnt listen, no sarcasm intended tho. Ill leave my vote if its worth of something.
Now just to be sure: It's not like I like the change or anything. I liked playing the occasional game of teaparty, so I know how you feel about it.
:thinking:
I'm not the only one by the way.

Franzoesisch

Oct 15, 2018
So you have a friend and you are watching him messing up about something that will drag down his bussiness, but you know he will hear YOU but he wont hear an unknown person, yall still do nothing, way to go.

Cubecraft could cut corners in other things but definitely not on TeaParty, its a luxury you cant afford right now.

Anyway just a hint, problem on Cubecraft isnt about deleting maps or gamemodes really, its about no players joining the server to keep games starting and flowing, Cubecraft needs to get exposure which no one is doing since uff...

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
The removal of these maps is not intended to be a permanent thing, it is part off the effort to ensure that games start quickly even during quiet times. Saying 'well it starts quickly whenever I played it' doesn't really paint a true picture, because yes, it may well start quickly when you play, but what about when you don't play? The reality is that for a good portion of the day we have between 350 and 1000 players on our Java networks. Split this between the 2 versions, then split it again between the active games and you end up with enough players to have 3-4 games running simultaneously. Throw a 40 player map into the mix and while it will start, it will most likely need to wait until every other game has finished before it gets to that point. This 5-10 minute delay is too long, perhaps not for you but for other (less vocal) players. We love these maps as well, I don't see them being gone for long.

Zaphly

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
:thinking:
I'm not the only one by the way.
I find that cubecraft despite the game ender already happy back a little is alive. It is indeed much quieter because of the updates that have come in advance. I heard of people all that they have copies of the updates for this where it was alive, where many people were active at that time. Maybe if Cubecraft everything back there at cross stitch, with more updates to remove again without the gameplay well known word. I found it much more enjoyable. Play Cubecraft for 3 years, so have experience, and also know what there used to be all. Maybe this is going to ever happen.

Greetings, Zap

Zaphly

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The removal of these maps is not intended to be a permanent thing, it is part off the effort to ensure that games start quickly even during quiet times. Saying 'well it starts quickly whenever I played it' doesn't really paint a true picture, because yes, it may well start quickly when you play, but what about when you don't play? The reality is that for a good portion of the day we have between 350 and 1000 players on our Java networks. Split this between the 2 versions, then split it again between the active games and you end up with enough players to have 3-4 games running simultaneously. Throw a 40 player map into the mix and while it will start, it will most likely need to wait until every other game has finished before it gets to that point. This 5-10 minute delay is too long, perhaps not for you but for other (less vocal) players. We love these maps as well, I don't see them being gone for long.
I think some things are indeed positive of the updates. Noticed that without that the game is started you can talk in the chat. That is already a plus point and also speeding up the play of the games so that faster wins are coming and not all the time have to leave but simply can play. It's not just wind, but some people have no patience if you ever must leave so that has Cubecraft well done.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
Top Bottom