Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

HuracanFTW

Nov 11, 2015
Hello CubeCrafters!

We currently have 17 maps and I'd like to know which ones your favorites and least favorites maps are. Make sure to state why.

Here's a list of our current maps:

Aces, Block Arena, Cactus, Castle Wars, Double Helix, Forest Fight, Green Zone, Icy Peaks, Nuclear, Paint, Pirates, Positive, Retro 99, The Bridge, Tree Alley, Village, Western.

There's no limit, so you can give your opinion about as many maps as you want.

Example:

Favorites:

Pirates - I really like looks of this map.
Double Helix - I prefer all the old school maps (the clay ones).
Least favorites:
Forest Fight - I don't like the maps without void.
Western - There aren't that many ways to go to the opposite team.

Thanks already for the feedback!

Huracan

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Favorites:
Village, Nuclear - Enjoyable gameplay when it comes to defending. Flag is nice positioned.
Retro 99, Green Zone, Icy Peaks - These classic maps are just extremely fun. I really like them. Doesn't matter if you're attacking or defending.
Aces, Double Helix - Both have really chaotic gameplay. But I kinda enjoy that.
Pirates - The map is just Huge and I love it.
Least favorites:
Cactus - It's extremely annoying to get to other islands.
Forest Fight - I just don't like that map due the amount of opening the main building has.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Could you answer like the example I gave in the original post? It's easier to see why you like it. Maybe add your least favorites as well! ;)
Retro99 is my favorite because its a nice long map, thats what i like.

My least favorite is forestfight because its pretty hard to find the flag and get in the house, and there are too many things in the way so its hard to run smooth

Reactions: HuracanFTW

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Favorite(s):
Nuclear, Positive.
I don't have a specific reason why I like these but I just enjoy the gameplay, especially on Positive.
Less-favorite(s):
Block Arena, Cactus. I just hate it every single time I mess up the jump, I prefer bigger platforms and small / no jumps every now and then.
Double Helix: I just do not like the map lay-out. I do not likefighting in multiple levels.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
YAY SOMEONE IS DOING THIS FINNALY!!!
Ok so here are the faves :D

Faves: Aces, Castle Wars, Forest Fight, Nuclear, Paint, Pirates, Western, Village, Double Helex

Unknown: Postive, Retero 99, Tree Alley, Block Arena,

Non Faves:
Ice Peaks: Just ew the parkour... Only 2 ways to go back and forth... Extremely difficult to play with the terrain...
Cactus: Everything is hard to avoid and its incredibly laggy (maybe for me who knows)
The Bridge: Weird Things... Confuseing Start... Bridge of Doom...
Greenzone: Basic... Flat... Underneath is pointless... Requires lots of blocks...

Edits Coming Soon :D

Note:
Forest Fight is cool because HEY you can do a cool war type thing and its very original...

Western has plenty of routes and introduces a new Meta where the core is more open and not to mention the map is very pretty with cool showdowns...

Also another note: Time for a new pre-game lobby there is a thread about this somewhere about all the issues with it ;)

Where is Solo Block Wars or Mega Block Wars xD

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
Maps I like:
Aces, Retro 99, Village, Cactus, Castle Wars, Bridge, Paint, Pirates, Treealley, Nuclear, Western, Forest Fight,

Maps I dislike:
Icypeaks, Greenzone, Positive, Double Helix and Block Arena.

The reasons why I like those maps I mentioned is because are "fair" maps, there are many ways to capture the flag and they don't only have 1 way to get in enemy's base or the flag is well positioned according to maps design.

In other hand, there are 5 maps I dislike because they most of times encourage to camp.
Specially Positive, Block Arena and Icypeaks.

I'm a veteran player of Blockwars and I don't play on those maps because of that reason. And it gets worse when people vote Double Blocks or it gets voted randomly. The other whole team (mine sometimes too) start to camp until overtime starts and they still camp making the game ending up in a tie.

To be honest, Icypeaks is the map I would want to be removed (99% of the games on that map ends up in a tie unless you have good players and the other team don't know what to do) the most and then Block Arena and Positive.
I'm kind of okay with Greenzone and Double Helix although this last map only has 1 way to get into the flag and people spawn at "mid" of the way where the flag is commonly carried on to the other base. If it is not going to get removed, I suggest at least to add "more space" or ways where we are able to walk for.

Talking now about Western, I like this map but, as DoubleHelix, I would want more place where to walk because you can get knocked off the map easily.
Positive: Many chances to get knocked off as well, I can say I hate this map because of it, it's kind of unplayable for me when you are carrying the flag and you only have 1 way (I doubt you would go to your base by the staircases) to go to your base and capture it because there will already be enemies waiting for you to punch you off and make you fall.
The same thing happens in Blockarena when you get the flag: You can jump off accidentally or someone can make you fall because of the voids.

Pirates: For many people, my friends and me it gets laggy starting the game because of the structures, which make our fps to decrease. (It's like Teaparty in Blockwars). I hope you guys can fix that.
Nuclear: The map is to hug and long, I would like if this gets shorted a bit.

My final note: I want old maps to get added back: Mushroom and Palette.
These maps were too good and it required skills to capture flags. To be honest, I enjoyed so much playing on those maps.
I don't know why Mushroom was removed, if it was because of the flag position, I can tell it was like Western.
I seriously want that map readded, maybe with some modifications. My friends and many people from Blockwars told me they wanted that map to get back too.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Favourite maps are definitely double helix (fun in general) and pirate (good flow)

Worst maps:

Icypeaks- to hard to win or lose
Nuclear- to big
Paint- to many ways to exploit the map to get around defences
Aces- to boring and mazelike and to easy to defend

Aurora

Jun 12, 2016
<3
Favorites:
Double Helix, Block Arena: Promotes a different style of play and use of kits compared to other maps.
Western, Aces, The Bridge, Pirates: More complex maps which adds to the fun of the game. And its nice to have these maps for variety since there are many simple maps like Retro 99, Greenzone, etc.
Retro99, Greenzone: Classic and simple maps.

Least Favorites:
Positive: The bases are super close which makes it hard to capture since there aren't much safe ways to go back to base. The style is similar to other maps like Castlewars (which is a better map in comparison because there is more room and entrance points to the flag).
Nuclear: The map is very big and so much time is spent chasing people around.

I also agree with a previous post that Mushroom was a really good and fun map, and wish it was added back.

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
Maps that I like
Positive,Retro 99,pirates,helix,block arena and Aces
These maps just have fun game play and are quite simple to play.

Maps that I dont really like
The Bridge,Ice peaks and forest fight
The flags on these maps are placed in weird places and are usually very hard to capture.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Favorites>
Nuclear - I like the space and the roads of side.
Double Helix - I like this map, because you need a good strategy for winning. It is easy to defend. I want to say by this map that it is very annoying in the extra time that you must to jump of your platform and than you lose at least 5 hearts! (Also much campers with archer)
Cactus - It is also a map with strategy. It is Nice how you can defend your block/flag. I really like the space that you have. The kit runner is very handy on this map.

Least favorites>
Village - the village is a maze. I think that maze a better name is :P.
Icy peaks - it is too easy for defending your block/flag. If anyone is in your core can you easy kill him. More inputs will increase the popularity!
Western - it is messy map with a weird middle.

max 🌟

Jan 4, 2016
oops this just turned into a map review lol

Favorites:

1. block arena - it feels like a good map, like i get good vibes when i play on it, etc. very fun to play archer on! i dont even mind the parkour since i like it
  2. castle wars - i absolutely love this map! i think its my top fav. the aesthetic is really really nice, the stone brick and green striped clay look super good together! i just keep blanking on what the actual map is because im so used to calling it siege lol
  3. the bridge - i like that there are a lot of different rooms and ways to get in and out of the castle! i especially like the room thats only accessible from the roof, thats sorta like an easter egg? it makes it interesting & fun!
  4. double helix - this map has just always sorta been one of my favorites from the beginning? im not 100% why but i think its just because of how simple it is (map is only made out of 3 shades of clay, apart from spawn area and flag)
  5. positive - a good unique compact map! it feels easier to kill people and that makes it good enough for me.
  6. retro 99 - really fun! idk what i find so likeable about it other than the theme, but it still feels great to play on, def a solid fave
  7. western - this map is okay. if it was really based off of train trouble like i believe, they shouldve kept the flag in the attic, but other than that, i like it! the concept is still really cool
  8. village - this map is pretty unique and interesting, it just doesnt remind me of a village
Least favorites:
  1. icy peaks - too small! it generally feels like a boring map that i dont want to play on at all. only one way to get into the flag room, and only two paths to each side. it generally feels cramped and i would not mind if it got removed entirely. even the old map mineshaft from the chunk was better cause it had more room
  2. pirates - this map has a really nice look! but i dont like the ways to get onto the ship other than the stairs entrance at the bottom of the ship from the water
  3. paint - feels bad to play on.. like theres a structure for each of the bases but it still feels plain/lacking, basically the aesthetic is bad
  4. aces - i actually have a suggestion for this map! it has a nice aesthetic but its pretty plain, there should be a second layer above/bridge to get to either base, esp since theres a second floor in the bases that dont have any use other than for just being there, and maybe make the map smaller since it already feels pretty room-y even with only one layer
  5. tree alley - imo this map just seems boring, everyone just takes the parkour route now that theres no risk bc they added slime blocks, so theres no one to fight unless youre at a base or someone falls. i think i used to like this map on the chunk so maybe just removing the slime blocks would improve it so people take the ground route again
p.s. bring back palette and yaskima aggressive (the mesa biome map) from the chunk!!!! those maps were amazing id give my soul to play on them again

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharz

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Favourites:
Pirates - Good for defending, but still possible to get in
Retro 99 - Very Basic shape but still has enough strategy in it to be fun
Bridge - It is an interesting map, looks nice and just has a lot of strategy in where you go
Forest Fight - There are so many ways to get in and that makes this map so strategic which is why I like it
Western - If you are going for the flag, or even core on this map there are so many ways you can run to and from the other side, it also allows for you to take chances when attacking players because they may knock you off or maybe not
Village - This map is very basic but it still manages to be fun due to it just being a more flat area which is good for PvP but also has some gaps to make this map not complete better PvPers always win even against people who are great at the actual game
Icy-peaks - Everything is right with this map, it has a stable area and so many ways to attack from but it isn't just super easy to attack it actually adds some difficulty because of the house each flag is in and though the sides aren't the same they

Least Favourites:
Green Hill Zone - Without having low gravity on this map only really allows for 3 kits if you are really trying to play well jumper, miner, and the block kit because it is so easy to cover every block up the map has
Cactus - Due to both the smaller islands in front of the egg make this map a "camping paradise" and all the rest of the little islands aren't helping either, unlike most of the blockwars maps where with a decent amount of skill you can get in on your own this map makes it so so SO hard to do without a team mate covering your back while you try to mine into the middle island with the flag/core in it
Pallet - This map just makes games feel so dry and not fun games just don't have enough fun to them it is such a basic map you go 1 way or you go the other, either way the other team can just wait at their core/flag while 1 attacks
Nuclear - This map has all these platforms which again make camping so easy and running moving to attack is so hard unless there are uneven teams which are than changed by the auto-balance so it really just falls apart every game

Reactions: Sharz and Twania

DaHammy

Mar 29, 2016
Italy
My favorites are:

- Aces
It's a perfect map to play BlockWars, like you have 4 different entrances to get inside their base and 5 different ways to get their flag. While two friends are distracting their defenders you can just simply use one of the 5 ways to take their flag while everyone is busy. And the way the map is made makes one feel satisfied because of all the white, I sometimes even just stare at the ground for that reason

- Doublehelix
This map is very unique compared to all the other maps, the spiral form makes it more interesting to play on that map. And I really like that the ways are so narrow, it just makes so fun playing with the archer kit and punching the players off making them feel like they are punched to hell. I really like this map, it's unique, clean, interesting and I wouldn't get bored easily while I'm playing on aces

- Retro
It's a simple and basic map where everyone has something he likes. It's not messy and just clean it's just a simple map which is why I like it so much

- Forestfight
It's very crowded map and I like that you can sneak into the house by using a couple of ways to get in, it makes one feel like you're trying to sneak into the white house and stealing the presidents documents!

Maps I hate:

- Icypeaks
This map is just very bothering me, I really could never stand that map well I mean, the reason is because of the center, it honestly would be one of my favorite maps if in the center would be no void. It's an interesting map and one can climb up the mountains to get to the other base and the little cave is my favorite place in that map. But the house, there is only one entrance and you guys should add windows where players can climb in and get the flag like just adding something to it and not making the center so empty that one falls in it.

- Nuclear
This map is just so huge and it would be a miracle if nobody would use the runner kit in that map. The map is just too huge, someone takes the flag, nobody knows where he is and when one does, the flag would be already captured. What I like about nuclear is that it has little platforms on the sides and makes it all more interesting, but the size of the map is just a no from me

- Treealley
I really don't like this map, the only good thing about it is that it has slime blocks in the center. But the rest, the flag is built too high, building a defence for it takes an entire bunker of blocks and once one has placed the tnt, the whole defence is fallen.

- Village
I really like this map a lot, but the stairs are in the way the stairs just makes the map not enjoyable for me

BTW: I really, really, really liked the map Mushroom and it was my favorite map of all BlockWars maps, it gave me a feeling of the old good times when I used to play Fat Princess on my console and that game was just amazing, and that map gave me lots of memories and just really would wish it would be brought back..

EDIT: I misspelled a few times..

N

Nikboo

Sorry, I'm mot really a consistent Block Wars player so I'm not really familar with all of the maps that are avaliable however there is one map which sticks in my mind after playing it a while ago.

Icy Peaks - I really dislike the gameplay here. It's quite crouded and attacking the block is very difficult. Often, the game ends up with draws and it isn't really that fun in my opinion.

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
We released a new map and some edits, let me know if this changes your opinion!
Well, to be honest, I expected more modifications in some maps. I like the new Greenzone and Cactus design as well as the new map which reminds me of Blockarena for some reason.

It's strange Icypeaks is still playable although there were people (I was one of them) who gave their feedback about it and it wasn't good at all, meaning they didn't like that map and wanted either removed or modified due to the flag position as there is only a way to get in and people usually camps, and you need luck to at least capture 1 flag during the whole game.

DoubleHelix needed another small modification but well, I guess nothing happened to it.
Positive... I hope you guys add some platforms like Cactus and we would have a good deal.

Alright, after all I like the update the Build team has given us. Thanks!!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
Top Bottom