Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Pandaa

Forum Expert
Let's get this straight. Blockband is not one of the most popular games on Cubecraft. Many players dislike it because it is too hard, or it's too laggy.. The reasons are endless. I personally find some of the levels on Blockband pretty difficult myself, and I'm one of the only 500 people who complete the monthly challenge on piano tiles xd. How do you fix this, you may ask?

I have several ways to make blockband great again! #VotePanda4Prez2020

Leaderboards
We all want to know who's at the top of the game and is trying their very best to get all the stars. Currently all we know is that @komododragon2002 seem to have the most starts with 97 stars in total, which by the way isn't even all of them. We can fix this by adding a simple leaderboard into the 'spawning area'. One for most stars, one for most songs completed, etc..

Practice Mode
Practice mode is an easy way to increase your skills in blockband, whether you need to know which key to press, what time to press the key at, or how fast it goes. This is the place you should be. With the practice mode feature, you can try EVERY song for free, but not gain any experience. The blocks will fall down slower, therefore giving you more time to practice. If you complete a practice map, you do not gain any rewards. It's simply just for practice purposes only.

Easy, Medium, Hard
Find a map too hard or too easy? You can use the new Easy and Hard feature to get rewards for less work. You won't get as many rewards though. The speed will be heavily decreased in the Easy mode, and on Hard, the speed will rapidly increase. If you complete hard, you get one extra star.

This is how the selection would work.
2017-08-04_01.06.59.png

Battle Mode
This is just like blockband, but with a completely different goal! The goal is to stay alive for as long as possible. You start off with 8 players, and slowly the song will become faster and faster. If you miss three notes, you've lost. Last person standing wins. It can be for 8,12, and 16 players.

Map Creator Mode
This would be a special mode that would allow you to make your own song! It's simple as that! Each row represents a note. There cannot be two blocks on the same row. Gaps of 1 block mean a 1 second gap between the next block. This could lead to some cool new tweaks and more people playing Blockband itself.

It's official, I will make blockband great again,vote me for president.

In all seriousness, though, hope you enjoyed the thread! :P

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
or just get rid of it all together because no one plays it and it is bad and it is not worth the time or effort to actually improve. It is confusing, complicated and the controls are stupid. This stuff just isnt meant to be done on minecraft

Last edited:

FluffyRoses

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2013
Although these are very good suggestions, not enough people play it to have competitions. I personally forgot it existed till like yesterday. Also, while the controls can be masted they are still complicated. As i know, you can do songs as many times as you want so the practice mode is pointless, there could be a tutorial section that teaches the players how to use it then give little tests and it starts to get more complicated during the tutorial. I'd like to see the create your own song happen, and you could put it on a public list sorta like the one in creative and could play their songs. As it is right now, I like having to work up to getting harder songs because you may not be ready if you immediately start off with hard and don't have a good control of the controls.

N

Nikboo

Sorry, but I quite agree with this:
or just get rid of it all together because no one plays it and it is bad and it is not worth the time or effort to actually improve. It is confusing, complicated and the controls are stupid. This stuff just isnt meant to be done on minecraft

It's just completely not worth the time and effort of the developers to update a three player gamemode which isn't ever going to be good. I'd rather see a much better nicer replacement game which is a lot more fun.

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
Sorry, but I quite agree with this:

It's just completely not worth the time and effort of the developers to update a three player gamemode which isn't ever going to be good. I'd rather see a much better nicer replacement game which is a lot more fun.
Yea id rather see it replaced with a new original game, or a good game from the Chunk that ccg now own.

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
If blockband had multiplayer I owuld actually play it again. It was a pretty ok game to me but lack of multiplayer always held it back.
it would be too easy with multiplayer tbh, but too hard in singleplayer atm :/

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
In terms of gaining points, doing the easy ones would probably be useless since they would offer such a little reward so people can not abuse it by getting like 100 points per easy song, or even 15 points per song as that is the equivalent of winning a skywars game, which can be very difficult. So the points for easy would just be llike 5 points per each one completed which is very low and not worth the effort

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Battle Mode
This is just like blockband, but with a completely different goal! The goal is to stay alive for as long as possible. You start off with 8 players, and slowly the song will become faster and faster. If you miss three notes, you've lost. Last person standing wins. It can be for 8,12, and 16 players.
YES
Leaderboards
We all want to know who's at the top of the game and is trying their very best to get all the stars. Currently all we know is that @komododragon2002 seem to have the most starts with 97 stars in total, which by the way isn't even all of them. We can fix this by adding a simple leaderboard into the 'spawning area'. One for most stars, one for most songs completed, etc..
I got this 1 in my giant blockband suggestion nobody cared about as well
So I like it
Practice Mode
Practice mode is an easy way to increase your skills in blockband, whether you need to know which key to press, what time to press the key at, or how fast it goes. This is the place you should be. With the practice mode feature, you can try EVERY song for free, but not gain any experience. The blocks will fall down slower, therefore giving you more time to practice. If you complete a practice map, you do not gain any rewards. It's simply just for practice purposes only.
Please YES
Easy, Medium, Hard
Find a map too hard or too easy? You can use the new Easy and Hard feature to get rewards for less work. You won't get as many rewards though. The speed will be heavily decreased in the Easy mode, and on Hard, the speed will rapidly increase. If you complete hard, you get one extra star.
Yeeeeeeees
Map Creator Mode
This would be a special mode that would allow you to make your own song! It's simple as that! Each row represents a note. There cannot be two blocks on the same row. Gaps of 1 block mean a 1 second gap between the next block. This could lead to some cool new tweaks and more people playing Blockband itself.
again in my giant suggestion for this game
made this
STILL LOVE IT

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
I really don't like Blockband, don't think it should be a Minecraft game but it is currently in CUbe...
Adding something else would be fun, like a real minigame where you actually play Minecraft...
Imo Blockband should be removed...

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I'm afraid I have to agree. First of all, the game was destined to be stagnant from the very beginning, because it was a game originally planned and developed for The Chunk. I'm not sure which developer created it, but odds are, they've long since left the team and have taken their artistic vision for the gamemode with them.

Secondly, because CCG is a UK server and we're yet to see a US release, a large portion of the player-base literally cannot play the game properly. It's far too laggy and inconsistent, meaning that most of the time you're depending on chance rather than skill.

Guitar Hero's replayability stems from the fact that you're literally strumming a replica of a guitar, and can actually feel yourself getting better at the plastic instrument each time. Not to mention, you have actual lyrical songs. In Cubecraft, you're just tapping on a keyboard and hoping that you have good ping. The songs are okay, but grate your ears very quickly. I enjoyed it for a while, but did not find myself especially eager to go back and revisit the songs that I had already beaten, and one of those songs was a Runescape track!

Edit: The game should definitely be removed, but only once we have something to replace it with. Personally, I think a new Parkour server would suffice ;)

Reactions: Pingu_
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Top Bottom