Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Camping.....

• Total voters

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
Cubecraft forums is a bit flaky for whether or not Camping is banable. Ive been looking at some of the searches and i cant seem to find a definitive answer. Is camping banable? Is there an amount of time that a person or group of individuals are stationary for it to be classed as camping? If so how long? Is it banable on all game types? What is classed as camping? (just getting gear or covering the egg, or do you have to be literally putting up defences or building up really high?

If camping is banable i strongly go against it, you should not be banned. I personally dont like comparing servers, but the real solution is what Hypixel does, When it gets past a certain time the ender dragon is released (im not saying cube should copy this, but consider it as a plausible idea).

One of the main causes of camping is becuase of OP modes, the threat of being knocked of by punch 3 bows or people having effic 8 pickaxes is scarey, making people camp.

Personally, making camping banable is a really bad idea, because if a team is camping and you defeat them (that ive done many times before), it just makes the win feel even better. As long as you have good tactics (building safety bridges (only the sides and bottom) you can and will get to places in no time. If you keep getting shot, put blocks in front of you so you dont get hit past them. Make Skybridges or extremely low bridges so the campers cant see you.

A really good suggestion is that there should be a vote during the game (which anyone can carry out, not only ranked people). The map could start to degrade but only if the vote gets 50% or more as the result. So e.g a command could be /start vote, and then people can do /vote yes or no on if the map should start to degrade to stop campers.

As that idea would not work for eggwars, maybe there could be a vote to stop the generators from working?!?, then the campers cannot do anything and could run out of arrows and would therefore have to fight.

These ideas should be developed, and i seriously think that camping should not be banable, and if it is can i please have some info about it (by a staff member so i know its true).

Thanks a lot, James Lawrence (ThatGrimCreeper)

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
In my eyes, 'camping' is building a platform really high or making an underground chamber and crouch in it 'till the game ends. Not staying on your island to survive the punch III bows. I personally prefer banning them since they kinda ruin the game for the other players.

Reactions: Sophie

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
In my eyes, 'camping' is building a platform really high or making an underground chamber and crouch in it 'till the game ends. Not staying on your island to survive the punch III bows. I personally prefer banning them since they kinda ruin the game for the other players.
I understand the frustration, but I still think banning is not the best option. So being on your island adding lots of layers of obby, is that camping, or do you have to be away from your island?

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
I think not everyone staff member does the same thing or doesn't even know you can get punished for it. But when you have given 3 warnings at least and report it on the forums and you're still in game, staff needs to only kick them out of the game.

So I think it's not bannable but you only can get a kick for it.

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
I think not everyone staff member does the same thing or doesn't even know you can get punished for it. But when you have given 3 warnings at least and report it on the forums and you're still in game, staff needs to only kick them out of the game.

So I think it's not bannable but you only can get a kick for it.
OK, thanks

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Right now its just kickable after a couple of times camping.... When they fix the banning plugin or something they can ban people less than one month and then camping will be bannable.......

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I agree with you, the term "camping" is really vague. For instance just protecting you egg in Eggwars or sneaking in a cave underground could both be considered "camping" by some people but by others not. Therefore banning "campers" isn't the best option in my view of things.

The best solutions are adding things to the game or modifying it to make camping harder, like they did with Eggwars when compasses were added to find people sneaking in a corner, and shields to stop those annoying campers that break their skybridge to anything connecting to their island and isolate themselves and then shoot everyone who comes close with loads of arrows.

Here are a couple of my ideas that could help reduce campers: (in this case in Eggwars)
-Add enderpreals (sadly not everyone agrees, although I once explained in very much detail why it should be added)
-Make the generators generate faster so that controlling multiple islands/the mid give you a greater advantage against campers, and to just speed the game up in general and reduce the idle time people stand on generators and do nothing in the game.
-Add levitation potions
-Add some sort of Deathmatch?
-Add Elytra's?

Just by adding only one of the ideas camping would be a lot harder, there are lots of solutions.
(these ideas aren't the best, I know;))

Reactions: Grimmay

Zachㅤ

Dedicated Member
Jan 15, 2016
Hogwarts
We currently don't ban players for camping in games, if we (the staff) see someone camping we usually can kick them. Our punishment system is also to strict and will be changed in the future to acomadate certain problems.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
It depends on how long are they camping, are they camping for 10 mins or 1 hour? Did they build to another island or didn't they?

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
The difficulty in applying a punishment to a user that camps, is that everybody seems to interpret the definition of camping differently. For me personally, camping is the act of isolating oneself from the opposition and refusing to engage in any form of combat, whilst not complying with the objective.

For example, to some, camping in Eggwars is a matter of staying on your island with a Punch I bow. To me however, that is not camping as you are only doing what the objective tells you to do; to protect your egg.
Because of this, camping should not be punishable, but rather should be made more difficult to do. This can be done by implementing degradation of the map as you have suggested, however I feel as though the majority of players will vote against its use in Skywars, as it was initially removed from the server due to the community's dislike towards it.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #46- Ants don’t have lungs. They instead breathe through spiracles, nine or ten tiny openings, depending on the species.
woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
Top Bottom