Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Content suggestion: Crates that drop unique items towards the end game

- For games where there aren't many players, we need to create hot spots where players can meet up.
- For games full of players, players will eventually need supplies as more chests have been stripped of their ammo: More players = more fighting + more looting = less ammunitions.

To counter this I had the idea for crate drops, except that it isn't very interresting if crates contain items already in the game, so I thought, I'd merge it with my other suggestion:

If crates dropped unique items, that don't necessarily give players big pvp advantages if not for the extra ammo, but also new unique weapons, players would definitely be attracted to these crates.

What weapons would we find in them? I was thinking of mainly these three weapons:

1) The Rocket Launcher:
Great for campers, it destroys plateforms at long distances, very limited ammunition.
Deals explosion damage, 30 damage to players, destroys floors, walls and stairs.
Rocket explosions = large knockback
rocketlauncher.png

2) The Air strike: One time use item.
You need to hold right click against the ground for some time until a firework appears and a temporary red cross mark appears on the ground where the strike will land, when ready activate the air strike with a press of a button.
Great against campers, to set up in hotspots, to be used as a trap or distraction. Destroys floors, walls and stairs.
airdrop.png

3) Mines: One time use items.
Great for trapping people, in game, acts as a pressure plate that explodes when stepped on.
Deals 30 damage,
You need to hold right click against the ground for some time for it to place.
mines.png

There we have it, three weapons, ammo such as grenades and missiles and lastly basic potions for the crate loot.

Last edited:

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Towards the end game:
- For games where there aren't many players, we need to create hot spots where players can meet up.
- For games full of players, players will eventually need supplies as more chests have been stripped of their ammo: More players = more fighting + more looting = less ammunitions.

To counter this I had the idea for crate drops, except that it isn't very interresting if crates contain items already in the game, so I thought, I'd merge it with my other suggestion:
I already expressed a problem with this in this thread:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/e...ich-the-border-is-blue-in-battle-zone.208118/
But I'll post it here as well:

A problem with that is that the map is still the same size, and that certain player prefer to camp over going to those crate drops and shrines. Players who prefer to camp also usually survive longer throughout the game, causing the late game scenario I described in the OP. That's why I think your solution won't be as effective as mine.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
EPIC PAINT SKILLS ARE EPIC

Anyways, landmines and rocket launchers simply seem perfect. Rockets have to be the blaze fireball and somewhat slow to compensate for how devastating one rocket can be.
If rocket launchers are added, we MUST have rocket jumps. No rocket launcher otherwise.
Landmines should be a retextured placed string texture to fit a small gray blob on the floor.
I'm not sure about how useful airstrikes would be since there's lots of trees and very little room to use it discretely if you're being chased. I don't know how it would work, so I have no comment on that.

Reactions: Lezappen

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
You're just saying that the campers will be missing out on the items from the crates, I don't see any issues with that.
The issue is that they will still be camping, causing all of this stuff:

Especially late games it takes quite long to find other players, causing the game to stagnate and take way longer than necessary. Nobody likes stale games. Last match I spent well over 5 minutes looking for a player to engage with. Players are too widespread over the map.

I think this is quite relevant and of importance because battle zone has a lot of potential for the growth of cubecraft, seeing as large youtubers are coming back to cubecraft to play it and players seem to enjoy it. That's why I think it's important that this is done as soon as possible.

Eliminating this waiting time in between the shrinking phase of the border will cause players to come closer together and will cause the game to run smoothly.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I'm not sure about how useful airstrikes would be since there's lots of trees and very little room to use it discretely if you're being chased. I don't know how it would work, so I have no comment on that.
Once you place your airstrike target block, you are free to call in aerial support whenever you feel like it, this would be used in traps, or when I know where players will be converging towards I would just set the spot in the middle and wait for a player to be there to let bombs rain down in that general area.
Bombs take time to fall so theoretically should be easy to avoid, if you see them coming at you, if you are on a plateform at sky limit, you're in a sticky position, these bombs would destroy your plateform very fast.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🎂🎉
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #50-
It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
The scientific term for brain freeze is “sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia.”
An estimated 50% of all gold ever mined on Earth came from a single plateau in South Africa: Witwatersrand.
The Grand Canyon is 900 times deeper than an Olympic swimming pool.
Upto 128 Strongholds can spawn in one Minecraft world (java).
Reesle wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday Luca! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥧✨
Happy Birthday @Camezonda ! Hope you have a great day :D 🎂🎉
Top Bottom