All Networks Battle Zone Ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by _The31stSpooktor_, May 13, 2018.

?

What do you think?

1. 1

13.3%
  2. 2

6.7%
  3. Both

26.7%
  4. Neither (Explain Why)

53.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. _The31stSpooktor_

_The31stSpooktor_ Member

_The13thDoctor_
    Obsidian
    I have 2 Ideas.

1) Grace Period:

When you have landed on the ground safely there should be a quick grace period so you can get mauled to death instantly.
    I think it should be from 15-30 seconds. What do you think?

2) Chest Refills

Honestly, there are not enough chest refills to go around so I believe there should be a refill event every time the boarder stop closing in.

2. SanSpookie

SanSpookie Member

SanCookie
    Diamond
    Would like both of them, but
    Should really not be longer than 15 seconds

Gainfullterror likes this.
  3. Gainfullterror

Gainfullterror Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Gainfullterror
    Helper
    PLUS
    1 is okay, but not really necessary imo. I don't ever really get killed right off the bat, as I try to avoid contact with others as early as possible. A grace period could be nice if I did get in a fight though.
    2 on the other hand, isn't much of an issue to me. I already get more than enough loot from chests, so refills would make it that much more cluttered.

4. Spookly

Spookly Member

Priley
    Obsidian
    Don't really think this is necessary, it's like adding grace periods to Skywars :v

I definitely support that

5. _The31stSpooktor_

_The31stSpooktor_ Member

_The13thDoctor_
    Obsidian

6. Spookly

Spookly Member

Priley
    Obsidian
    The difference is, at Survival Games everyone spawns in the same area whilst in Battle Zone, you can choose when and where you dismount yourself
    I'm just not reaaally sure if this is really needed

RemiTheSpook likes this.
  7. Lezappen

Lezappen Mod
    Staff Member Moderator

Lezappen
    Mod
    PLUS
    1-Avoiding other players from the start of the game and choosing the right spot to land is part of the fun.
    2- I had the idea of crates, falling from the sky mid game when the border is half way in. (Link)
    The gist of it is that there are two purposes to this : They create hot spots to find other players, and provide refills.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Sophie, Soeshi and Despacito 2 like this.
  8. Hour Glass

Hour Glass Member

SPUUUNI
    Gold
    1) hmm I don’t think it’s really needed. But 10 seconds is ok
    2) the main problem I’ve had in BZ is that sometimes I don’t have any guns because all the chests have been opened already. It would be nice to have kits to fix this issue

9. Despacito 2

Despacito 2 Member

Dotsially
    Iron
    [/COLOR]
    Ruins the fun of BattleZone. Just land somewhere else.
    Ruins the fun of BattleZone.
    I'd rather see supply crates just like Lezappen mentioned. Besides it's impossible that every single chest has been looted. I've been in games where after half an hour even I found some loot inside chests.

10. _The31stSpooktor_

_The31stSpooktor_ Member

_The13thDoctor_
    Obsidian
  11. CyberAutumn

CyberAutumn Member

CyberAutumn
    Obsidian
    1, I would like there to be a 15 to 30 second grace period. It's just frustrating and upsetting when you spawn near another player that already has a weapon and have no chance against them. In my opinion, I see it as a free way to farm kills if you instantly get a gun and spawn near people.
    2, rather than there being a refill, there should be more chests. Instead of rushing to a place like Shootout Strip or Metal Mountain to get a lot of chests and loot, there should be more chests scattered around the map then in a marked area on the map. You can walk for possibly a quarter of the map while avoiding the marked spots and maybe find one or two chests. While I see refills as a good idea, I just feel like that'd be a way to get even more loot and OP rather than adding a few more chests.

_The31stSpooktor_ likes this.
  12. Facher

Facher Member

nstultz
    Actually, I also kinda like it as it is now. However, maybe there could be indeed a grace period. But if so, I'd say just like 5-10 seconds or something. (In Fortnite, you don't have a grace period either) Chests refills could be a thing, sometimes you have like no loot, but I'd rather see more chests, to prevent people from camping at chests if there would've been a chest refill

Sophie and Despacito 2 like this.
  13. _The31stSpooktor_

_The31stSpooktor_ Member

_The13thDoctor_
    Obsidian
    There are plenty of chests but they still need refills.

14. QwertyMo

QwertyMo Member

QwertyMo
    Chest refills? Umm... This is skywars without islands, and with weapons?
    There are a lot if chests with loot. If you know places, you can loot a lot. It's too much.

And grace periode. No.

15. Sophie

Sophie Member

Divine_Nyx
    Diamond
    1 - Players should be rewarded for map knowledge. Anything that widens the skill gap is good in my eyes. It should therefore be part of the challenge to land quickly and plunder efficiently, so that you're not killed right off the bat. Give thirty seconds of immunity to everybody, and you shrink the skill gap by giving everybody free items. That's no fun.

2 - This would encourage campers, and campers slow the game to a halt. Also, again, the people with good map knowledge should have a disproportionate advantage. If you add more loot to the table, then it devalues the efforts that people put into getting their loot at the beginning of the game. The game will lose a lot of its immersion in my opinion, since instead of going from A to B without getting jumped on, you could sit at a hot-spot all game long without having any incentive to move at all, since the loot is coming to you and not the other way around. You'll see this a lot in Skywars. Players often go to mid, and will sit there the whole game because they don't have a single reason to move. If they need say, armour or food or arrows, those supplies will find them in good time.

Edit: A few people have suggested adding more chests. That sounds like a much better solution c:

Despacito 2 and CyberAutumn like this.
  16. TheBrownster

TheBrownster Mod
    Staff Member Moderator

TheBrownster904
    Mod
    PLUS
    I don’t think the grace period would work at all.
    So say two people are about to drop. One drops and still follows the path of the pig plane and lands, the other drops 7 seconds later and goes opposite of the pig plane so they land roughly the same area. The person who dropped first would have no grace time left while the other person would still have a decent bit. Completely unfair since they could hit you but you can’t hit them. Even if you made it so they can’t hit players while in grace period, they are still invincible. You could both be getting shot by another player, the first player would be taking damage while the second takes none. Still unfair.

So what if we made the timer a global standard. Each player has 15 seconds by the time you are able to drop so everyone loses grace period at once. Players who dropped last would either have no grace period because of how long the pig plane takes to reach the other side, or basically none and players who dropped before them already have weapons. That defeats the entire purpose of the grace period. At this point you are just rewarding players who drop immediately more then they already are rewarded (first to get guns, slightly more time to move around and get resources, etc).

Tl:dr grace period = bad and unfair.

SoppeJam, Lezappen and Sophie like this.
  17. SoppeJam

SoppeJam Member

SoppeJam
    Diamond
    I don't think chest refills should be added, the airdrops that @Lezappen suggested instead are an amazing idea.

18. I voted neither, my reasoning is the same as mentioned above.

19. Siftenly

Siftenly Member

Siftenly
    Obsidian
    1. I don't think this is needed, if you don't want to get killed at the start I think you should just land somewhere else as some people already said above. Or just search for a weapon as fast as you hit the ground.

2. I think this would be too overpowered and will get many people to the cities to camp, and I would just not like it personally.