Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think that the map "Huts" is unbalanced when there's voted for Overpowered items?

• Yes

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
I never thought that I would make a thread criticizing my favorite game... EggWars but after only playing 2 games of EggWars in the new update, I can see that too many things are wrong with the update. For example: Being able to buy armor with minimum 2 clicks, the positioning of the generators on the new Normal Team map "Huts" and then thanks to these 2 things only, you can literally have an ongoing fight for 2 hours (This just happened to me which is the reason that I'm writing this thread). Let me explain you why this is horrible for the gameplay...

(Before I start criticizing, I would like to mention that this is mostly based around the new map "Huts" with Overpowered items and the updates that came with it. After that I'm going to give ideas to how to fix these problems).

The new Shop
I think we can all agree that we love the new shop. It is quick an efficient, but has anyone really thought that this could ruin the gameplay and the reason of why PvP is a thing? (PvP. You have an enemy and your objective is to win. I'm sure you know that but just in case).

Since Overpowered mode was implemented into EggWars, having extra armor was vital if you wanted to survive in long fights. When you realized that your armor breaks, you buy more don't you? Well, with the old shop if you went low on armor mid-fight then you would try to buy new armor and hope for the best that you don't get hit off the island you're currently standing on because it takes time to buy that armor because you had to scroll through every single armor piece before getting to what you want.

Now in the other hand, you don't need to! If you're mid fight and running low on armor, it only takes 3 clicks!! Clicking on the villager. Selecting the armor shop and then buy the armor piece you need. This makes PvP taking even longer than it already did when you're playing on Overpowered mode... Even on Half Health.

"Oh but Alex. Armor can never be infinite. They cost iron, gold or diamonds!"
In the map "Huts" it can be infinite. Explaining this in my next point...

The positioning of the generators
As everyone knows, there are nearly always 3 or more generators scattered around on your spawn island being Iron, Gold or Diamond, but in the map "Huts", they're all in the same place! And even worse, they're all inside a building making it easy to get from one generator to another. You could literally just walk straight and boom. You knocked yourself into another generator.

"But Alex. Why are you complaining about their position if it only makes it better and quicker to buy things?"
That's exactly why the positions of the generators on the spawn island is ruining the gameplay. Being in Overpowered mode and in a fight, armor is bound the break so what you do is run to a generator hoping for life that you don't get hit off the edge and then make it back to the villager and buying the armor you need hoping for life again that you don't get hit off while you're selecting the armor that you need. This is how it was until the new update arrived. As I stated earlier, it only takes 3 clicks to buy an armor piece, but now whoever decided that all the generators should go inside of the building and next to villager, it makes it easier to buy that armor. You don't need to run far away from the villager or risk your life to get items to buy more armor. Now it's just, run 4 blocks straight ahead, get at least 5 diamonds from the diamond generator which presumably you've upgraded it, and then run the 4 blocks back straight again and then get the armor you need. What makes this even worse than it already is, is that if the diamond generator is on maximum level, it produces diamonds fast enough to be able to buy iron armor very quickly and before that runs out, you can already buy diamond armor mid-fight. The generators being closed in with the villager, just ruins why PvP is even a think if all you're doing is hit each other and upgrade your armor meanwhile. Did I mention that the villager also has a lot to do with this too? That'll be my next point.

The positioning of the villager
Before the new map "Huts" and excluding the map "Forest", the villager was always placed at the edge of the spawn island/area. This made it more challenging to buy armor mid-fight. Not only in the map "Huts" they have put all the generators together in one room, they have put the villager in there too! Where is the challenge that players once had which was to risk their life to buy armor mid-fight if they don't need to worry about falling off an edge? I believe that you can be trading with the villager so long you're in 7-10 blocks in range of the villager, but since the generators and the villager is all locked inside of a building, you can get tossed around in that building and you wouldn't care because you're getting that juicy diamond armor while being beaten by a Sharpness V Diamond Sword. Even in Half Health this is possible to do. Having the villager and generators inside of a building is just terrible and is inviting for people to camp on their spawn island.

I have other things that I could add to this but I pretty much covered the main reasons why gameplay is ruined in this map. Let's move onto how this could be fixed...

Solutions
1. Moving the villager outside close enough to the edge so when someone is buying their needs in the middle of a PvP fight, they have a possibility of getting hit off.

2. Implemented a armor buying limit per life whenever the items Overpowered is chosen. The ideal limits that I have in my head to stop being able to buy infinite armor is: 4 full sets of leather armor, 3 full sets of chain armor, 2 full sets of iron armor, and 1 full set of diamond armor. This means that if you buy/have a full set of diamond armor for example, you're no longer allowed to buy more until you die.

3. Scattering the generators. In the map huts, I can see many places where generators could be placed at. The iron generator which is outside is fine how it is, but I suggest moving for example the gold generator behind the building and moving the diamond generator on top of the building. This would both make camping a more "annoying" task to do and removes the possibility of buying armor mid-fight without risking your life.

4. Making it not possible to enter the armor section of the shop whilst being "tagged in combat". This is pretty self explanatory but I wouldn't recommend this being added since it takes away to whole challenge of risking your life to buy new armor.

Hopefully this thread will be taken notice of from whoever is in charge of this and changes some things. I really like the map itself. It gives a lot of room for PvP even though some of you may think that there's none but the middle is a perfect spot for PvP. All I wish to see here is something to be done about this problem with buying infinite armor whilst upgrading the armor while also being in the middle of a PvP fight. Gonna leave this here by saying that it is 1:24AM and I have to wake up early for graduation tomorrow. If there's any silly mistakes in this thread, my excuse is that I'm tired. Good night!

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I completely understand why you're so annoyed with this problem.
Although it was annoying in the past, now it's even more annoying since you can quite literally buy an entire new set of iron/diamond in under 3 seconds. 3 seconds worth of shopping won't get you knocked off most of the time, especially in maps like Huts.
And buying a new set for 3 seconds of time, can prolong the battle by a whole 8 minutes if needed. This is especially bad when they hang around a diamond gen, effectively meaning they can constantly buy new sets. Sure, you can too, but that'd make it a battle of endurance and not much skill anymore.

However, I kind of prefer my own solution.
That being: When people are "tagged" in combat, they're forced to use the old shopping system so it's risky buying new armour, and the risk increasing depending on the pieces that you buy.
This combat tag could wear off in about 45 seconds after the last hit that was received/dealt.

p.s. Have fun at graduation tomorrow!

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Haven't played on huts yet so not gonna comment on that specifically.

And not being able to buy armor while being tagged in combat? That would suck. Say you're wearing chain armor, just got done breaking an egg, are not saving up diamonds to buy iron armor, but the butthurt team of said egg comes to your base as you're about to buy iron armor. No iron armor for you right? It would be extremely annoying to have 20 diamonds in your inventory but can't buy iron armor because some butthurt scrub is targeting you.

And an armor buying limit per life, that's literally a punishment for staying alive, how does that make sense?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Haven't played on huts yet so not gonna comment on that specifically.

And not being able to buy armor while being tagged in combat? That would suck. Say you're wearing chain armor, just got done breaking an egg, are not saving up diamonds to buy iron armor, but the butthurt team of said egg comes to your base as you're about to buy iron armor. No iron armor for you right? It would be extremely annoying to have 20 diamonds in your inventory but can't buy iron armor because some butthurt scrub is targeting you.

And an armor buying limit per life, that's literally a punishment for staying alive, how does that make sense?
It'd also be a pain to deal with someone that's constantly buying new armour during the fight that lasted well over 20 minutes. Do you really want to constantly have people get new armour over and over again? The point of this suggestion is to nerf that feature, as the quick shop literally makes it too easy to buy armor. You can even stand in the villager to take no hits at all while buying your armor.

Passer

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
California
www.cubecraft.net
"Implemented a armor buying limit per life whenever the items Overpowered is chosen. The ideal limits that I have in my head to stop being able to buy infinite armor is: 4 full sets of leather armor, 3 full sets of chain armor, 2 full sets of iron armor, and 1 full set of diamond armor. This means that if you buy/have a full set of diamond armor for example, you're no longer allowed to buy more until you die."

The Problem with this that people can just take off all there amor and put it in a chest and jump off a cliff. I like all the other ideas tho and especially the villager one.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Unless they made your suggestion map specific to huts, I don't support this. I run into shops during pvp to buy pickaxes, swords, gapples, and even armor (before the update as well). It is necessary to be able to trade during pvp. I would prefer if they just changed the map so the trader is maybe next to the tree with the iron gen. That way you are outside and able to be hit off if you try to trade. Or maybe remove the diamond gen from your island and place a broken one at the sub-mid. That way you still have a team diamond gen it is just far away and you can't really use it to collect and buy stuff during pvp.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
2. Implemented a armor buying limit per life whenever the items Overpowered is chosen. The ideal limits that I have in my head to stop being able to buy infinite armor is: 4 full sets of leather armor, 3 full sets of chain armor, 2 full sets of iron armor, and 1 full set of diamond armor. This means that if you buy/have a full set of diamond armor for example, you're no longer allowed to buy more until you die.

No, this is not a good idea. This will make the game slower, as players will be reluctant to get into fights, knowing that it will cost them irreplaceable armor durability.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

PiffLegend

May 26, 2017
I totally see the point in your suggestion & I agree. The fight will definitely last more than 20-30 min which would be very annoying..

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
1. Moving the villager outside close enough to the edge so when someone is buying their needs in the middle of a PvP fight, they have a possibility of getting hit off.
Ehh no. If you're just buying things because you want to go to another enemy base and you accidentally walk off the edge then you can start all over again while there want even an enemy on your base who knocked you off the edge because it was yourself.

This would probably decrease your problem and I don't see any 'wrong' things with and in it so I agree I guess.

3. Scattering the generators. In the map huts, I can see many places where generators could be placed at. The iron generator which is outside is fine how it is, but I suggest moving for example the gold generator behind the building and moving the diamond generator on top of the building. This would both make camping a more "annoying" task to do and removes the possibility of buying armor mid-fight without risking your life.
Haven't played the map Huts yet since the new Eggwars update has been released.

4. Making it not possible to enter the armor section of the shop whilst being "tagged in combat". This is pretty self explanatory but I wouldn't recommend this being added since it takes away to whole challenge of risking your life to buy new armor.
This would also decrease your problem I think, but when aren't you in combat anymore? Immediately after you killed someone? And what if the enemy runs away and you don't go after him/her, after hiw much time then?

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Ehh no. If you're just buying things because you want to go to another enemy base and you accidentally walk off the edge then you can start all over again while there want even an enemy on your base who knocked you off the edge because it was yourself.
1. If you accidentally walk of the edge, you alone are to blame.
2. Spawn protection protects you so you can buy stuff without being hit off by the attacker.
3. Since buying is pretty quick right now, the spawn protection is long enough for point 2,

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
It all sounds reasonable. The villager should be at the edge, the generators should be more apart and not all inside the hut.
I agree with it all besides the 4th because it would be kind of hard to rush people that way. Well, it does depend though, when would the "tagged in combat" wear off? If it takes like just 20 seconds, the whole rushing strategy becomes weaker.
Otherwise, your ideas are great! ;)

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
I agree with moving the villager.
The limit of armor per life is really unfair. I don't support that.
The generators too can be moved.

Balancing the map Huts will take place since it's not even a week since the update rolled out. They will balance/fix bugs on the map etc. and during this time they would look at suggestions. You can maybe change the title too, if you feel like it.

Overall agree with 2 of the things.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I agree that the map huts can last long due to the generator positions, but some people might like it and you aren't obligated to play the map, there are loads of maps that don't have the layout like huts.

Reactions: ItsDavey_

Konfl1ct

May 15, 2016
they should add the old Underdasea map cause that think looks crap and easily to get knock off

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Not really the system's fault if you accidentally walk off the edge, right? The villager is always at the edge of the spawn area (except Forest), so why would it be a bother to put it there on the map Huts?

I agree that the map huts can last long due to the generator positions, but some people might like it and you aren't obligated to play the map, there are loads of maps that don't have the layout like huts.
The problem isn't liking the map or not (I like the map, don't get me wrong. That's why I play it) but the positioning of the generators/villager makes it last up to hours longer (I'm currently in a game on that map and so far I've got 2 extra sets of diamond armor mid-fight) + it is not helping against camping (I thought the update also included camping decrease. Can't remember the exact words but I do recall seeing this fact somewhere on the news post) which I believe was one of the things that this update should've helped against.

I've played this map 5 times now (And still will play it just because I like the map itself) but I can guarantee that it won't be a popular map due to it being too unbalanced. This is how my inventory is looking like just to prove how this map is just camp-inviting:
2017-06-22_22.37.29.png

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #49-
Domestic cats can run faster than Olympic medalist Usain Bolt. Top speed for a cat is about 30mph (48.28kmh), whereas Bolt's record is 27mph (43.45kmh).
Xi1m wrote on Mivke's profile.
hapi birthdasy!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Top Bottom