What should be done about Aztec

• Do some things I said, remove original

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Everyone should know the reasons I'm requesting a revamp of this map - fixing mid camping by diffusing the generators and not making this map god awful. (I also a map that's like teaparty, but also different at the same time) Here's how we fix it:

Make it actually Aztec?

Putting a Mayan pyramid with some random things on the islands does not at all make it Aztec. In fact, Mayan is a better name for this.

Therefore, the entire idea of the revamp will be to make the map less of a Mayan garbage piece and make it look like the actual city of Tenochtitlan.

List of all the changes that would happen to make it look like Tenochtitlan:
- Map is significantly expanded, with mid possibly being 1.25x the size of teaparty
- Void is replaced with toxic lake
- The map will become eight teams of six, with bridges connecting every island to the center
- The middle island is remodeled to look significantly like Tenochtitlan. The outer reaches of the islands are changed to look like a classical Arab port city, with a very small walkway right along the edge and a long row of houses along the edge. A level 1 diamond generator is added in the closest building to where the two paths meet.
- An additional 2 rows of houses with canals in the middle will follow this. No generators
- Past this will be the main part of Tenochtitlan Island.
- A slight modification from the original Tenochtitlan will that the wall around the main buildings will not open on the middle of the sides but will instead open along the corners.
- FUN PART: Center of Tenochtitlan
List of buildings and their contents:
- Ritual center (east side) (Built with sandstone and yellow concrete, blue and red pillars on the top)
  • One level 3 diamond generator in each pillar
- Coliseum (west side)
  • Two level 3 diamond generators on opposite sides
- Pillar Buildings (north and south sides)
  • One level 3 gold generator at the base of each tower
- Small Pyramids (corners)
  • One level 4 iron generator + one level 1 diamond generator
- Crown Structure (center)
  • One level 1 emerald generator
Changes to outer islands:
- The bottom of the island will be extended significantly sideways. It will be made to look like the outer extremities of mid.
- A hole in the houses will lead to a steep incline, where the egg is left in a similar position
- Add an extra level to base iron generators
- Remove diamond generator from home island

Let me know of any changes I missed regarding Tenochtitlan. No, the outer islands will not be a ring there will be space between them so this map isn't all rushing. @CommunistCactus pretty sure you'll have some ideas

I know there will be complaints that this is too monumental of a change to be added, and people will complain that the map was lost. Therefore, I'll add an option in the poll to rename the current version Mayan and re-add it with the revamped and corrected Aztec.

VOTE IN THE POLL, ESPECIALLY IF YOU WANT CHANGES AND/OR DON'T LIKE THE SUGGESTION

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
Putting a Mayan pyramid with some random things on the islands does not at all make it Aztec. In fact, Mayan is a better name for this.
Actually Mayan pyramids and Aztec pyramids are fairly similar. Therefore making it quite difficult to really declare it as a Mayan or Aztec styled pyramid, especially since these two civilizations (along with the Incas and probably others) built these pyramids as tombs for their kings. This means these pyramids were also (assumably) in Tenochtitlan. Calling this a specific civilizations' pyramid is just not very fitting, knowing the history amongst these civilizations.
Sorry if any of this is incorrect, as I have not been in a History class for about 2 years now and it never was my strong suite.

"Map is significantly expanded, with mid possibly being 1.25x the size of teaparty"
"The map will become eight teams of six, with bridges connecting every island to the center"​
  • The map is currently fairly large, meaning making it larger could make it more the size of a 10 v. 10 map, rather than a 6 v. 6, so if you want to change the team layout (adding more 6 player teams to the map) then it will definitely increase the time spent in this map, make them fill up a lot slower, and change the entire playing strategies for this map.
  • Having pre built bridges will also change the map and game play as a whole, and I am not too certain it will be in all that positive of a way. Honestly, having pre-built bridges directly from the spawn island to mid will drastically change the level of difficulty it is to get an egg and make it so much more rush heavy. Everyone would be scrambling just to protect their individual eggs. I really am against this, especially reviewing the changes it could have on the game play as a whole. Now if the bridges were like how they are on Mushrooms, then it may work out.
"Void is replaced with toxic lake"​
  • How exactly would this work? Would it be that the water in Minecraft would become something that kills you upon impact? Also would they all be source blocks (supposedly on barriers since source blocks update if blocks are placed near them)? How low/high would the water be into the void, like would it extend to the bottom?
  • The way you have suggested this just does not seem to be very clear on how it will be changed and what exactly it all would affect.
"The middle island is remodeled to look significantly like Tenochtitlan. The outer reaches of the islands are changed to look like a classical Arab port city, with a very small walkway right along the edge and a long row of houses along the edge. A level 1 diamond generator is added in the closest building to where the two paths meet."
"An additional 2 rows of houses with canals in the middle will follow this. No generators"
"Past this will be the main part of Tenochtitlan Island."
"A slight modification from the original Tenochtitlan will that the wall around the main buildings will not open on the middle of the sides but will instead open along the corners."​
- Ritual center (east side) (Built with sandstone and yellow concrete, blue and red pillars on the top)
- Coliseum (west side)
- The bottom of the island will be extended significantly sideways. It will be made to look like the outer extremities of mid.
- A hole in the houses will lead to a steep incline, where the egg is left in a similar position

From what I have gathered you wish to make the middle a giant platform with a wall around it and a couple buildings/pyramids as just one island. I personally feel this would get a bit complicated and make gathering materials a bit more difficult. It would also make this map a bit too big, in my opinion, as I said a bit earlier.

Honestly if this were to be done, rather than having 2 extra rows of buildings, make it so the center is the crown piece. From there you could possibly have a coliseum or ritual center sharing mid with the pillar buildings being on the corners. The pyramids would be added to the islands the players spawn on instead of on mid. I would also tweak the generators just a bit as there are quite a few level 3 Diamond generators and not a lot of gold generators, but also having a level 4 iron is not really needed at mid.

I also would not remove the diamond generators from the home island. If you were to do that, then there would need to be islands between mid and base islands where these diamond generators would then reside. Although I do agree with adding another level to maybe one (if not two) of the iron generators existing on the spawn island.

My Ideas
Honestly I feel this idea is rather cool, but would change the main design of the map just a bit too much. I personally do think this map may need a few tweaks in its appearance to be more fitting for the name, but I do not feel the whole map needs to be thrown out and redesigned (basically making a new map).
Middle
Currently I feel that the pyramid works quite well on this map. It adds for a unique gameplay and an interesting design overall. That being said, I do feel it could be tweaked a bit to make it have more of an Aztec feel.
  • Change the staircase so it goes up, starting out wide, and has another narrower staircase on top. This would then have an opening in the middle to lead into the center where the generators are.
  • Add Dragon heads or some other statue on the corners where the fire currently is. Some of the Aztec pyramids had actual stone carved to look like human heads, thus by having that instead of fire it would create more of that type of pyramid feeling.
  • Have a tip to the pyramid (instead of the wooden beams coming out and it ending rather wide) that has an emerald generator on it, if adding one would be suitable for the map.

Base Islands
The general shape of the islands are alright, but they seem more prehistoric than Aztec or fallen civilization. Honestly they are decent looking, but if changed I would definitely say that it would help it to feel more cohesive to the middle.
  • Take out the bones/skeletal structures and instead put maybe a statue of a dragon head and tail in its place. So it would look like the dragon is popping out of the ground and resting its head, while the tail is where the Diamond generator is.
  • Change the structures to a different block style like sandstone or stone brick to make it more old looking and less like it is a more recent civilization.

Regardless, I love the idea of this potentially being a map for maybe another game (or with quite a few tweaks, for Eggwars). I just feel the gameplay this map would bring is not exactly what Eggwars is about, granted this is all just my opinion/take on this suggestion. Well thought out idea though ^-^

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Everyone should know the reasons I'm requesting a revamp of this map - fixing mid camping by diffusing the generators and not making this map god awful. (I also a map that's like teaparty, but also different at the same time) Here's how we fix it:

Make it actually Aztec?

Therefore, the entire idea of the revamp will be to make the map less of a Mayan garbage piece and make it look like the actual city of Tenochtitlan.

- Map is significantly expanded, with mid possibly being 1.25x the size of teaparty
- The map will become eight teams of six, with bridges connecting every island to the center
- The middle island is remodeled to look significantly like Tenochtitlan. The outer reaches of the islands are changed to look like a classical Arab port city, with a very small walkway right along the edge and a long row of houses along the edge. A level 1 diamond generator is added in the closest building to where the two paths meet.
- An additional 2 rows of houses with canals in the middle will follow this. No generators
- A slight modification from the original Tenochtitlan will that the wall around the main buildings will not open on the middle of the sides but will instead open along the corners.
- Coliseum (west side)

Let me know of any changes I missed regarding Tenochtitlan. No, the outer islands will not be a ring there will be space between them so this map isn't all rushing. @CommunistCactus pretty sure you'll have some ideas

I know there will be complaints that this is too monumental of a change to be added, and people will complain that the map was lost. Therefore, I'll add an option in the poll to rename the current version Mayan and re-add it with the revamped and corrected Aztec.

VOTE IN THE POLL, ESPECIALLY IF YOU WANT CHANGES AND/OR DON'T LIKE THE SUGGESTION

Personally, like it the way it is. It's always possible they might make a new map with a new map and everyone gets what they want.
I would hate to see this map edited in any way. Only if they add gens at the bottom of the mid area.
So

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

Make it actually Aztec?

- Coliseum (west side)

I think the map is fine!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
Top Bottom