Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DaveyDa

Jul 10, 2016
Netherlands
Well some of you might clicked on this because you think: I suck at PVP could you help me?
WELLLLL HERE ARE SOME OF THE BEST TIPS EVERRR xD

1. Straifing, straifing is the key to PVP if you time it exactly your opponent won't be able to hit you.

2. Lava and water, Always have a bucket of lava and water with you, if you are running away you can put you're opponent in lava and most of the time he dies so. The water is really usefull for when ur in fire or slowing down you're oppenent but be careful that you're opponent doesn't pick up your lava/water or destroy it!!!

3. Criticals, If possible always jump and hit, by doing this you deliver critcals that deal 50% more damage then normal hits. (It is a risk because of knockback when getting hit etc.)

4. Patience, Don't rush immediately but wait till he attacks so you can prepare for his attacks. Of course you must attack if he isn't looking :D

5. Snowballs/Eggs/Bow, If theres a gap between you and your oppenent it is really smart to have some throwables or a bow with u so when he jumps you just shoot once then he stops jumping and falls in the gap :D

I hope these tips helped you with PVPing if you have any more tips, leave them down below im really curious :D

P.S
Sorry if you didn't understand some words (Ain't the best at English)

Last edited:

Nedyar10

Jun 8, 2016
Philippines
Good tips! I'm not the best at pvp (or good), but I can think of some more tips:
  • If you can, always be running. That way the opponent gets extra knockback, giving you the advantage. This is very useful when the opponent is near the edge as it gives the knockback needed to know him/her off
  • Bring blocks. Whenever you need to run, you can always place blocks below you, potentially slowing down your opponent
  • Always be recording for those nasty hackers so that you can report them whenever you spot one
These are tips I can think of. Feel free to disagree

DaveyDa

Jul 10, 2016
Netherlands
Good tips! I'm not the best at pvp (or good), but I can think of some more tips:
  • If you can, always be running. That way the opponent gets extra knockback, giving you the advantage. This is very useful when the opponent is near the edge as it gives the knockback needed to know him/her off
  • Bring blocks. Whenever you need to run, you can always place blocks below you, potentially slowing down your opponent
  • Always be recording for those nasty hackers so that you can report them whenever you spot one
These are tips I can think of. Feel free to disagree

Good ones yeah :D

ShyRazu

Jan 26, 2017
Other tips I use would be:
  • Try learning jitter clicking. Jitter Clicking is where you spam you mouse1 as fast as you can to get more hits on your opponent faster than him.
  • Being up above your opponent is way easier than doing a one on one face to face duel. Try building up and shooting him with a bow. After some shots, you'll be able to get rid of him quite easily since he will most probably be down to 5-6 heart and less.
  • Learn how to heal yourself efficiently. By that I mean: Do not randomly eat right in the middle of a fight if you have time to run and eat. Splashing health potions behind you instead of on your feet is really important to learn.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Well some of you might clicked on this because you think: I suck at PVP could you help me?
1. Strafing, strafing is the key to PVP if you time it exactly your opponent won't be able to hit you.

2. Lava and water, Always have a bucket of lava and water with you; if you are running away you can put your opponent in lava and most of the time he dies so. The water is really useful for when you're on fire or slowing down your opponent.

3. Criticals, If possible always jump and hit, by doing this you deliver critcals that deal twice as much damage then normal hits.

4. Patience, Don't rush immediately but wait till he attacks so you can prepare for his attacks. Of course you must attack if he isn't looking :D

5. Snowballs/Eggs/Bow, If theres a gap between you and your oppenent it is really smart to have some throwables or a bow with u so when he jumps you just shoot once then he stops jumping and falls in the gap :D

I hope these tips helped you with PVPing if you have any more tips, leave them down below im really curious :D

P.S
1. Must have. The next step is to land accurate hits and strafe.

2. It'll delay your opponent depending on where they are when you place your lava or water. However, be warned that he may pick them up or he may destroy them. Most likely, he'll have water ready to put himself out if he catches on fire. Anticipating this technique means you can dodge the liquids and make your opponent lose their lava or water.

3. Criticals do not deal 2x as much damage as normal hits. They add 50% more damage calculated from base damage, not total. So, if you have an iron sword with sharpness 1, you'll deal 10 damage (6*1.5 + 1) when you crit. I don't suggest going for crits because you can take more knockback and your attack range is reduced if your opponent is not jumping. Similar in 1.8, a 5-6 hit unobstructed combo is better than landing 2-3 crits and taking hits every time.

4. Generally, yes, but I've used a trick where I go underground and pretend I'm using a chest. When he jumps to my island, I come out before he can trap me inside. I prefer having them come over than having myself come over.

5. Works too. Practice this in kingdom FFA near the lava. It depends where your shot lands and when you shoot. I've knocked players using snowballs but they managed to stay on the bridge.

As you learn from your mistakes and fight better opponents, you'll learn more tricks others don't mention or rarely use.

TK_Forest

Sep 9, 2016
UK
bit.ly
Another one that I think more people should know is that if you have speed then don't sprint jump because it is faster to just run without jumping with speed.

abfc2000

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2015
Spain
That's if you have speed 2 or higher; not sure about speed 1 though.
You are a bit faster if you are jumping while sprinting with Speed 1.

My tips:

-Never lose your opponent. Always look at him!

-If you're playing 1.9 PvP, learn to time your attacks. Knowing how often you swing your weapon os VERY important, just a milisecond could be the difference between dealing an extra heart or not.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com

1. Straifing, straifing is the key to PVP if you time it exactly your opponent won't be able to hit you.

2. Lava and water, Always have a bucket of lava and water with you, if you are running away you can put you're opponent in lava and most of the time he dies so. The water is really usefull for when ur in fire or slowing down you're oppenent but be careful that you're opponent doesn't pick up your lava/water or destroy it!!!

3. Criticals, If possible always jump and hit, by doing this you deliver critcals that deal 50% more damage then normal hits. (It is a risk because of knockback when getting hit etc.)

P.S
Amazing guide! I am sure it will help a lot of players. Keep up the great guides.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Other tips I use would be:
  • Being up above your opponent is way easier than doing a one on one face to face duel. Try building up and shooting him with a bow. After some shots, you'll be able to get rid of him quite easily since he will most probably be down to 5-6 heart and less.

When it's melee, having the lower ground is better. Being higher limits your reach. Not to mention building up is often something a camper does..

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
When it's melee, having the lower ground is better. Being higher limits your reach. Not to mention building up is often something a camper does..
Your arrows fly farther when you have high ground because gravity will boost the already falling arrows. This results in more damage dealt with the bow in addition to longer range.

I've tested melee and the range is approximately 4.7 blocks (in vanilla). I've noticed that the range limit exists. In theory, your attack makes a line from the upper part of your body (not the center of your body). If that line doesn't touch an entity within 4.7 blocks, you miss.

This may explain why you're able to hit stuff 5 blocks above your head but 3 blocks below you.

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America

P.S

Can I take a shot every time you make the :D face?

J4sprr

Novice Member
Jan 7, 2017
Very nice tips but for pvp'ing u don't need tips. You should see what is best for yourself

Members Online

Team online

• Camezonda
    Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈

Latest profile posts

marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Eli wrote on hamelech2007's profile.
Hello pumpkin
vPhaseAsu wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
i saw you in game earlier!
Thjis wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Top Bottom