• Yes to the 3D cube

• Yes to an animated logo but not the 3D cube

• No, the current logo is fine

Results are only viewable after voting.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
It's obviously far from a priority, but it would be something very appealing and pleasant to look at..

An animated server icon!

With the introduction of server boosting for those who have Nitro, it is possible to set a GIF as server logo once a certain amount of boosts have been achieved (if I remember correctly, 5 boosts are required). Since CubeCraft is way beyond that, why not update the Discord logo?

Something that I was personally thinking of is a 3D version of the CubeCraft cube spinning around

That would be so modern while stil holding on to the CubeCraft theme; can't wait to see it happen!

Fedde2001

Oct 10, 2016
Netherlands
I think the banner is already very cool, but a 3D Cube spinning around would be awesome!

But then indeed, lets keep it with the cube, and not a total other GIF witch is way different from the cube :D

Reactions: Anthoken

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I think the banner is already very cool, but a 3D Cube spinning around would be awesome!

But then indeed, lets keep it with the cube, and not a total other GIF witch is way different from the cube :D
I never mentioned changing the banner, I was speaking about the profile picture. Banner =/= Profile picture

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I say no to the 3D spinning Cube logo, because the Cube logo cant spin without looking extremely weird due to the white outline. I made a 3D version of the Cube logo for an animation I did a while back and I had to spin it really fast because of how strange it looked.

Just look at it right now and imagine where the white outline would be if it was 3D and you could drag it around. I could find the model to illustrate this point, but its a no from me due to this design oversight.

Animated logo itself is really cool, they could do something else.

Reactions: Priley and Elenahh

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I say no to the 3D spinning Cube logo, because the Cube logo cant spin without looking extremely weird due to the white outline. I made a 3D version of the Cube logo for an animation I did a while back and I had to spin it really fast because of how strange it looked.

Just look at it right now and imagine where the white outline would be if it was 3D and you could drag it around. I could find the model to illustrate this point, but its a no from me due to this design oversight.

Animated logo itself is really cool, they could do something else.
Do you think making the outline a thinner would help?

May 1, 2019
If it followed every edge then it would go right down the middle of the logo. Removing it entirely would just be a blue cube, the white line is important to the design.
If the logo spun, it wouldn’t go down the middle all the time. You probably know better than I do, but I still feel it’s at least worth some tweaking around with to see if there is any possibilities.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
We're aware that we now have access to the animated server icon feature. Last week I spoke to John to get one made, but we've been busy with other projects. I wanted an icon that did not break our branding: http://cubecraft.net/branding. Such as a 3D version of our logo. The idea that I pitched was have our logo as it is now, but make it shiny now and then, like the plus icon users have on their forum profile.

Reactions: Priley

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
We're aware that we now have access to the animated server icon feature. Last week I spoke to John to get one made, but we've been busy with other projects. I wanted an icon that did not break our branding: http://cubecraft.net/branding. Such as a 3D version of our logo. The idea that I pitched was have our logo as it is now, but make it shiny now and then, like the plus icon users have on their forum profile.
Exactly what you said. Please no crowdy logos, just a bit of shinystuff every few seconds is already good enough :P
Thanks for responding and I'm looking forward to see what will be happening!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday Mivke 🥳
Basketman wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom