Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

?

• Total voters

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
So I'm suggesting a concept that can make eggwars a lot more interesting and fun. Something that will make it stand out between all the copies of it on other servers. Something bedwars doesn't have.

Concept:
Multiple teams work together, and can win together.
So for example:
On the map Teaparty there are 8 separate teams.
With this concept, it could be 4 teams, each consisting of 2 allied teams.
So pink is allied with gray, yellow is allied with green, orange is allied with purple, and light blue is allied with cyan.

What does "allied" mean?
It means the teams can win the game together, so if orange and purple are the last 2 surviving teams, they both win.
Allied teams cannot hit each other or break each other's egg. Just like you can't hit your own teammates or destroy your own egg.

Another way to arrange the allied teams on teaparty could be:
2 teams, each consisting of 4 allied teams. So pink is allied with gray, yellow, and green. Cyan is allied with light blue, purple and orange.
It essentially means it becomes a huge fight between 2 teams, just like on Mansion or Rome.

----------

FAQ

-How do you know which team you are allied with?
Their names (and their team color on the sidebar) are in bold, just like your own teammate's names. It also gets announced at the start of the game.

-What if players team grief their allied team?
You report them just like you would when one of your own team members team griefs.

-Camping
This is a problem for eggwars as a whole, not just for this gamemode. Therefore it shouldn't influence the suggestion. But, anyway, a solution: Make enderpearls and shields cheaper. It's been suggested a million times now.

-What if players say they will report you for crossteaming?
It means they're retarded. The names in bold should say enough.

---------

Well, that's it.

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
I personally think that every single team in the game should have an equal opportunity and the same chance of winning the game. Another thing is that during the pre-lobbies everyone will want to join that specific team (like a team with ranked people or high levels), people will leave as soon as the game starts as they did not get on that team they wanted to be in. Furthermore, you can not rely on players working together, as an "alliance". I also think it would probably be a mess of people who will trap their own teammates and teams refusing to help allies as they do not trust them. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducky

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I certainly agree with @SrKlompenstein. Also, I don't think people will like to play with 8 players in one team, at least I don't and won't like it because I don't like massive teams. It'll be chaotic if you play with 8 other players and you'll also have the people who like to troll their teammates (yes I know you said something about griefing in your suggestion, don't worry).

Reactions: SrKlompenstein

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I personally think that every single team in the game should have an equal opportunity and the same chance of winning the game. By giving any team a prejudgement you have just ruined the game entirely.
I do not see how this or the rest of your comment is relevant in any way.
Same goes for @TheTjitt since he agreed with that.

Also, I don't think people will like to play with 8 players in one team
Just personal preference?

@TheDvthr12 Bôlâ 100tífika did you click that button on accident or did you have a reason?

Reactions: The Lord Pleb

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I do not see how this or the rest of your comment is relevant in any way.
Same goes for @TheTjitt since he agreed with that
Being allied with some other team means that you're not playing with your own team which means that it's not equal. Eggwars is playing with your own team instead of being allied with some other team.

I just don't like the way to be allied with some other team in Eggwars when you don't want that. And even if I wanted it, I wanted it with communication as communication is one of the most important things in Team Eggwars. If you don't have communication in a normal or allied team, you don't know what your teammates are going to do and that causes question marks and it's eventually gets chaotic.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Being allied with some other team means that you're not playing with your own team which means that it's not equal.
"being allied with other players means that you're not playing with yourself which means that it's not equal"
Well I guess with that logic we might as well throw all team games out of the window. Bye team eggwars, bye team skywars, bye blockwars, etc.
I just don't like the way to be allied with some other team in Eggwars when you don't want that. And even if I wanted it, I wanted it with communication as communication is one of the most important things in Team Eggwars. If you don't have communication in a normal or allied team, you don't know what your teammates are going to do and that causes question marks and it's eventually gets chaotic.
Press T. It opens chat.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
I personally think that every single team in the game should have an equal opportunity and the same chance of winning the game. By giving any team a prejudgement you have just ruined the game entirely. Another thing is that during the pre-lobbies everyone will want to join that specific team (like a team with ranked people or high levels), people will leave as soon as the game starts as they did not get on that team they wanted to be in. Furthermore, you can not rely on players working together, as an "alliance", and playing exactly how you intend the game to be. I also think it would probably be a mess of team trolling and teams refusing to help allies. :)
You copied that comment entirely from Efcluke...

Reactions: CommunistCactus

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
People please keep in mind that this is a watered down version of a
way to show his intellectual capabilities and his ability to think for himself huh?
That.

But also, that post from Eflcuke was flawed, so he's quoting and spreading misinformation. Please not people, that just because a person is a staff member, doesn't mean everything he or she says is appropiate/right.

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
Press T. It opens chat.
Since that there are a buch of other languages on CubeCraft it is actually quite difficult to communicate via that way as not everyone can speak English, Dutch, Spanish and so on. Furthermore, it would be even more difficult if there were alliances.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Since that there are a buch of other languages on CubeCraft it is actually quite difficult to communicate via that way as not everyone can speak English, Dutch, Spanish and so on.
I don't understand why you'd include this, this problem has absolutely nothing to do with the suggestion above. Well it does, but it isn't anything that's exclusive to just the suggestion and therefore in that sense doesn't have anything to do with this suggestion specificially, it's a very unnecessary statement.

Furthermore, it would be even more difficult if there were alliances.
Not really, but i would personally add something like an alliance chat on top of team chat / have team chat now include all the teams of the alliance.

Boom fixed,

ez pzy.
lemon_squeezy.png

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
I don't understand why you'd include this, this problem has absolutely nothing to do with the suggestion above. Well it does, but it isn't anything that's exclusive to just the suggestion and therefore in that sense doesn't have anything to do with this suggestion specificially, it's a very unnecessary statement.

Not really, but i would personally add something like an alliance chat on top of team chat / have team chat now include all the teams of the alliance.

Boom fixed,

ez pzy.
lemon_squeezy.png
I described a problem that could probably happen out of the solution of Cactus, so it has definitely something to do with his suggestion as his solution simpely will not work.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
I described a problem that could probably happen out of the solution of Cactus, so it has definitely something to do with his suggestion as his solution simpely will not work.
I understand, but i meant the part where you talked about the different languages people use, it's nothing that's exclusive to this suggestion, it happens in all games, it happens on the whole server. Using it as an argument against the suggestion just seems silly to me. You can use this argument though if you were to say something about Minecraft's built in communication system as a whole though, even though probably everyone won't see it as something that would be necessary to do anything with since probably everyone has learnt to accept the language gap we have in our world / uses english to make himself able to communicate with others.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
You're acting like this problem is exclusive to this suggestion. It's not.

Furthermore, blockwars has teams of like 10 players, but I didn't hear you complaining about that when that came out did I?

Come on man. Making some sense when thinking for yourself shouldn't be that difficult.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
Top Bottom